All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
life is pasing me by
      #301633 - 03/06/07 10:50 PM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

I am starting to feel more frustrated by my ibs then anything I have ever had to deal with before in my life.
I am trying my best to get it under control. Changed my diet completley to efi, changed my sleeping habits, changed by stress management, fibre supplements and for a about a month I started to feel in control of my life again, only to be thrown off cruely by the dreaded "period". I just feel tired. The world around me is continuing at the pace I used to live at and I just can't keep up. All the positive thinking in the world doesn't keep my body from turning on me some days. I had to leave one of my best friends bridal showers early because I started to get sick. I can't go to the bachelorette party because it is happening to late and I will get an attack if I don't get the right amount of sleep. I'm afraid of going to the wedding next month because it's in the middle of nowhere, two hours travel time without any washrooms is enough to make me nauseas at the thought of it. I guess I feel alone even though I know I am not by any means. I just wish more people in my everyday life understood. Sometimes I can see the confusion on their faces as I try to explain why I'm afraid that I could get sick at the wedding...or why I can't go to a movie, or shopping. BLAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I feel like I'm whining...I just want to be me again the me of five months ago, that would do whatever I wanted with nothing holding me back. I was fearless and headed in the direction I wanted to be going in, and now Im stuck. Too afraid to plan things, but even more afraid at the thought of living my life like I am now....I know tomorrow I will wake up and be more positive, I guess sometimes we need these down moments to put it all in perspective...

thanks to those of you that actual made it through my ramblings...I appreciate it.

s.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: life is pasing me by new
      #301635 - 03/07/07 01:45 AM
sophiejay

Reged: 07/26/06
Loc: England

god i know exactly what you mean, before IBS I was pretty normal and quite well adjusted, i had friends, went to college, had boyfriends and could eat and not think about it afterwards, my body took care of it. Now five years later I'm a reclusive 19 year old, college drop out, scared to go out and cant leave the house unless i've been to the bathroom enough. My family has been wonderfull, but they just dont get it cause they've never had it! My friends didn't get why I couldn't go to their house for dinner or go out clubbing, and i couldn't begin to explain. But there are people, lke the ones on this site who know exactly what your feeling and there will always be understanding ears and open hearts to help you. Keep fighting it, you will get there!

Re: life is pasing me by new
      #301639 - 03/07/07 05:07 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm guessing you are both following Heather's diet. Have you tried hypnosis? Stop by the hypno boards and check it out if you haven't already. A lot of anxiety associated with ibs is helped by the hypnosis cds or a hypnotherapist.

I know what it is like to miss out on life. I wish you both the best!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 97 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 868

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review