Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
extreme ibs attack?
      #301552 - 03/06/07 10:24 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hey Everyone.

I just came home from work with d and cramps. I've been to the bathroom at work about 10 times and thats after several immodium and one hyosciamine. The cramps are actually mild except every once in a while, but the d is severe. I figured it was IBS - I'm really stressed because I'm going to put in my resignation this week, before having found something new. I'm planning to work for myself next year which is terrifying but hopefully will be liberating and more calm than what I do now.

BUT its bad enough and unusual enough for me to feel like this that i"m doing my ususal panic over throwing up. I have to face this. I don't want to take a xanax because I'm so full of stomach meds already and I have a very empty stomach and don't know what I can mix together.
I called a hypnotherapist 2 weeks ago but we played phone tag and I never made an appointment. Keep your fingers crossed for me or send happy thoughts or whatever you can! Thanks everyone for listening.
Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: extreme ibs attack? new
      #301564 - 03/06/07 12:26 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Dan, I hope the drugs have kicked in by now.

I had a miserable night last night myself. The immodium sure does the trick.

All the best this week - you can make it through! And call the hypno therapist back! It's worth it.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#301565 - 03/06/07 12:41 PM
hawkeye

Thanks for your response - your'e always so supportive! sorr you had a bad night last night.
The d has slowed and maybe stopped. but I'm getting more nauseous. I truly feel that I can't handle this....

--------------------

Edited by hawkeye (03/06/07 12:44 PM)

#301597 - 03/06/07 05:28 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hey Dan just wanted you to know that I am with you. I have been having a horrible time with my IBS since giving birth to my daughter. I know part of it is nerves about going back to work next week but it still sucks! I have had C and then explosive D. Here's hoping we all feel better soon!

fellow emetaphobes skip this post! new
      #301602 - 03/06/07 05:33 PM
hawkeye

UGH! It wasn't IBS this time, and I was convinced it was. Its a bug. My wife has it and has been throwing up, my sister and another friend all got it today. We were all together on Sunday for a b-day party. I wonder how many other guests are sick right now. AWFUL! I've felt terribly nauseous for 12 hours without throwing up. I'm so scared I will. I go in and out of panic. I try to face it for my daughter's sake. I dont want her to pick up on all of my anxiety but its really really hard for me. Please wish me well or at least wish me the strength to somehow cope.

--------------------

Re: fellow emetaphobes skip this post! new
      #301607 - 03/06/07 05:40 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yikes!! That is going around. A friend of mine's 2 daughters and husband just had it and she is suppose to come over tomorrow for a jewelry party I am having. I do not want her to come because I don't want to be exposed to it!!!!!! Hang in there!!

Re: fellow emetaphobes skip this post! new
      #301610 - 03/06/07 05:45 PM
Toady

I made it through the post!! Only because you warned me first though! There is something going around up north here too, but it's more a virus / cold style at least. The hospital was in lock-down again for it last week (and guess who sat in the emerg there for 5 hours - lucky me I didn't catch that too)
If it is the gastro flu, I hope you are over it quickly. And I think it is great you try and stay strong around your daughter, but I think she will grow up just fine knowing if Daddy isn't feeling well it is okay to say / be so.

And yes, I always try to be supportive - that is why we are here isn't it.

--------------------
Cassandra

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: My friend... I have said this before.... new
      #301618 - 03/06/07 06:30 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I truly feel your anxiety level is such that it needs professional consultation. I'm glad you're seeing a hypnotist, but perhaps, a trip to the Doc would be worth it. You know I am as scared of throwing up as you are, but I am facing it - for my childrens sake. it's not easy, but do you really want to spend the rest of your liife in this severe anxiety? Paralyzed by fear of what may happen????
Please don't be offended by my unsolicited advice - but I truly worry and care for you. Please let us know how you're feeling. I hope your wife and daughter are well by now, too.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#301624 - 03/06/07 07:12 PM
hawkeye

while you're right, its a little hard to hear in the middle of suffering with a bug. I have been to a psychiatrist, years of therapy, am on anti anxiety meds and antidepressants, done the ibs100 twice, accupuncture, etc. I'm trying hypno because nothing has helped me face this.

--------------------

#301625 - 03/06/07 07:46 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Of course I HAD to read it even though you warned me... ha ha I really hope you are all feeling better very soon. Just try to stay calm, get some rest, and keep up your fluids.

emetaphobes - do read this! new
      #301636 - 03/07/07 02:50 AM
hawkeye

Well its almost 6am and I got a little sleep. around 1230 my stomach started to unknot. I still feel very queasy but then I haven't eaten for 24hours. I'm going back to bed. I wish I had faced this better - but I did face it to a greater extent than in the past. so, babysteps i guess. thanks everyone.

--------------------

Re: emetaphobes - do read this! new
      #301684 - 03/07/07 09:53 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I'm so glad you're starting to feel a little better! By this time tomorrow hopefully you'll be almost back to normal. You know that's why we're so scared of it... because it almost never happens. If we did it every time we felt a little queasy, we probably wouldn't be scared of it anymore. ha ha

Re:I'm so sorry.... new
      #301860 - 03/08/07 07:41 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

The last thing I wanted was to tell you something that caused you hurt or distress in such an awful time. Please accept my sincerest apologies - I just can relate so strongly, I wish there was some answer to help. In my concern, I'm sorry that I overstepped. I didn't know that you have gone the psychiatry route and therapy before. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.
Please forgive me, I hope you know the only reason I responded that way is because I care and wanted to help ....
Will you accept a huge hug and apology?? I hope you're better by now.

--------------------

Re:I'm so sorry.... new
      #301880 - 03/09/07 05:18 AM
hawkeye

No worries! I was an absolute mess, but even during the worst of it I knew you were right. No one is more frustrated with the way I can't handle this than me. Its a lifelong pattern that has become very deeply ingrained. I'm going to keep looking for ways to lessen the reaction and my obsessiveness over it. I'll try hypno, and if that doesn't work, who knows.

--------------------

Re:I know.... new
      #301930 - 03/09/07 05:22 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I have a book called brainlock and that's exactly what it feels like - it has been ingrained for my entire life, and it just can't be shut off. The emotion is SO overpowering - it's SO frustrating. It makes me feel trapped. Hang in - I know how you feel.

--------------------

Do you reckon......... new
      #302192 - 03/13/07 01:16 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Micheal Mahoney would make us an emetphobia hypnotherapy tape, there are enough of us on this bored, let alone worldwide! Anyone ever asked?

Re: Do you reckon......... new
      #302216 - 03/13/07 04:32 PM
Toady

We should post this on the hypno board for Marilyn - she could ask Michael! I think it is a WONDERFUL idea!! I'm phoebic too!

--------------------
Cassandra

#302222 - 03/13/07 05:45 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

This is a great idea! I can think of at least a couple times in my life where things would have been a lot better for me if I could have just calmly puked and gotten it over with.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#302246 - 03/13/07 09:22 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Thanks for asking about this - I posted on the hypno thread also - I will ask Mike about it and see what he has to say. I do believe that he has done this therapy for patients in his practice with this phobia/ condition, but I don't know if he has considered it. I will ask him, but I do know too that he is currently diligently working on another well-needed title, so it might be some time before he could even consider it - but I will ask and post his reply to you when I find out.

I think I have this phobia too, but not sure, I thought it was normal not to want to - I can't even read about it! So maybe I am a customer too!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#302285 - 03/14/07 05:25 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Here is the reply from Mike Mahoney regarding a possible Emetaphobia Program of hypnotherapy -

Hi Marilyn,
Thanks for the email This is something (Emetaphobia hypnotherapy ) I treat in my surgery (office) with patients.

As you know I have some pretty heavy work just coming to completion and another couple of jobs in the pipeline, but if this topic is something that is widespread and would help people to feel better, then it is worth looking at. I think the first step is to have people send me a note of how they feel about it, how long they have had the fear, and some specifics about it, ie. what it is that they don't like, noise, sensation, aroma all the things that make them feel uncomfortable, I guess that won't be easy for them, though then I can get some corrolations, compare them to the patients I have seen over the years and look at redefining my work with the patients and migrating it to CD.

However I do these in strict order so it might be a little while before I have anything out.
Best Regards Mike

--

If you want to contact him directly about your condition you can email him at TimeLineServices at aol.com.

Hope this helps - in the meantime, you may want to consider using Session 2 of the IBS Audio Program, and as you do the visualization, you can add this condition to your symptoms. It may be at least a step towards addressing it.

All the best to you.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

What can i say, i'm genius lol, well girls........... new
      #302327 - 03/15/07 12:16 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Guess we better start sending pleading emails to michael!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 931 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4176

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review