All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Update, going on vacation new
      #300747 - 02/25/07 06:27 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yahooo!! You deserve it girly!! I am so glad you will be getting away to paradise. I hope that you have a wonderful, restful and relaxing vacation! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

So awesome! new
      #300756 - 02/25/07 09:44 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm so happy for you! The resort sounds absolutely wonderful. You definitely deserve this!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Go Girl! new
      #300764 - 02/26/07 06:16 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

if you're up to it- Tulum isn't far from there and is a fascinating historical site.. we were there on our honeymoon as part of the cruise...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Did the passport thing this morning! new
      #300774 - 02/26/07 09:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh boy, what a bunch of bureaucratic bs that was!!! But, its all done and our passports should be here next Tuesday, one full week before we leave!

I am making out my to do list today so everything gets done. Need my hair cut, my toes painted, the dog sitter arranged. Need to check on what we are allowed to bring on the flight. Its a charter flight, not sure how that is different.

I started going to the fake 'n bake (tanning salon) I have only been twice so far but can already see a difference. I am so fair and burn easily so thought it was best to get a base tan. It will also help me feel less like a beached wale on the beach!! I know its not really good for me but its better than burning!

I went to WalMart yesterday and got a bunch of summer tanks on sale for $5! Love them clearance ranks! I think I have most everything I need, just need to get it all organized and decide on what outfits to take. I ALWAYS pack way too much!!

I am a little concerned about leaving the boys (dogs.) Harley has such a sensitive tummy and Oliver has some definite separation anxiety. I am taking them over to a woman I know through the office. She also has RA and does dog sitting for money since she can't work anymore. She seems very nice and doesn't crate them. My dogs aren't crate dogs so this is a big appeal to me. Im sure they will be fine, just mommy worries kicking in!

Ok, I feel like I am going 110 miles an hour. But, the papers are signed, checks wrote, passports in the works. Now, I just need to relax and look forward to my paradise trip!!

Amy, we actually looked at a couple of resorts in Tulum. The resort we are going to is in between Tulum and Cancun. I am not sure how much sight seeing we will do outside of the resort. I might like to take the bus to Playa Del Carmen, which is supposed to be a cute little town and it has a ferry that goes to Cozumel. I guess it just depends on if we feel like taking an excursion or not!!!! We are not planning anything in advance! Just going to do what we want and nothing more!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I hope you got a great picture! new
      #300778 - 02/26/07 10:16 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Sounds like hella fun!! My BF is going to Cali with his dad, and I'm left here alone with the dog for a week. (Don't tell, but I'm thinking of taking the dog and hitting some dog-friendly beach...!)

Have a GREAT time! I went to the tanning salon before my Thailand trip last year, and really liked the results! It's no fun having the palest legs on the sand, I agree!!!!

~nelly~

#300790 - 02/26/07 12:35 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Nice to hear that Michele. You deserve a bit of pampering for sure.

I'm getting a bit crazy over here waiting for the phone appointment with the surgeon on Thursday. I don't know what they will offer and I have no clue how I will be able to know what to do...

Hugs,

Ulrika, IBS-D

Re: Ohhhhh sounds so nice! new
      #300807 - 02/26/07 03:54 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

You SOOOOOOOOO deserve a relaxing vacation. It will be warm and tropical while we're still all freezing here in the eastern part of the states!

I don't want to seem pessamistic but watch out for what you eat and drink. My BIL got a tapeworm years ago when they went to Cancun Mexico. They traced it back to the ice that his beer bottle was sitting in. They were VERY careful what they ate and drank and still ended up with one. He didn't know he had it(typical guy)until a few mths later when he had lost close to 50lbs! Uh DUH, then he decided to go to the doctor. Anyway, a few antibiotics later, he was fine but us IBS'rs have to be even extra careful. The first question my gastro or family doc asks me when I have a major flare up of IBS is "have you been in any other countries lately"? I'm sure you'll be fine but I just wanted to warn ya that even the most exclusive/seclusive places aren't immune to things like this.

I hope you have a wonderful time and get a great tan! I agree with the bathing suit issue. It's the worse thing to do is shop for a bathing suit (next to jean shopping!). You just buy the one you like the best and not care what anyone else thinks. Besides, you'll never see those people again anyway right? Go have fun!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Ohhhhh sounds so nice! new
      #300856 - 02/27/07 10:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

TAPEWORM!!!!! Ewwwww, that creeps me out and I am not squeamish at all!!! However, losing 50 lbs would be a good thing at the moment but that's a heck of a way to do it!!!!

I found a couple of bathing suites at Target that were rather cute. One has the boy shorts to it with the tankini style top and the other has is a regular tankini style but its really pretty in blues and browns!! My body is in no shape to be displayed in public in a bathing suit but I just really don't care and I am going to have fun, fat or not!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#300868 - 02/27/07 11:32 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey Ulrika! Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you, and I hope good things are coming your way.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2982

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review