All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Newby intro w/ 1 question.
      #300549 - 02/22/07 07:47 PM
Sundance

Reged: 02/22/07
Loc: Renton, Washington, USA

Ok so I have read enough of everyones' posts and now feel like I am spying so I should introduce myself. My name is John, I am a pharmacist living near Seattle. I have been living with IBS-D for at least 10 years and am finally attempting to do get a hold of it as the symptoms have now become worse and prevent me from doing more and more things. I appreciate that there is a forum for people to express themselves and further realize that they are not the only ones dealing with this malady. Anyways, I am just starting research on how to become better...question: anyone have experience with ibs treatment center of seattle?

--------------------
John- Situational IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newby intro w/ 1 question. new
      #300550 - 02/22/07 07:56 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Welcome!

I think one of your best bets to answer your question is Shell... and she's dealing with a family tragedy right now.

#300551 - 02/22/07 08:03 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Welcome to the boards John. Your name Sundance, is that after that guy on American Idol or is it just a coincidence?
Have you tried Heather's Acacia yet? For the most part it really works well and quickly with IBS-D. I'm an A so I get the best of both worlds. If you haven't done so already, read all the information on the website (not just the message boards), or get her book IBS: The First Year. I find it easier to read a book rather than a website but everyone's different.
To answer your question, no I don't have experience with IBS Treatment Centre of Seattle.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

P.S. Get the acacia, it really helps.

#300552 - 02/22/07 08:07 PM
Sundance

OK, thank you. I'll keep educating myself through some of the past postings.

--------------------
John- Situational IBS-D

#300553 - 02/22/07 08:13 PM
Sundance

Thanks for the tip. It's funny, I work in healthcare but I am learning so much about meds, and diet...just trying to "fix" myself. BTW, my middle name is Sundance...I guess my dad liked the character from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I intend to get the book and soluble fiber supplement.

--------------------
John- Situational IBS-D

welcome new
      #300559 - 02/22/07 09:28 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

anyone have experience with ibs treatment center of seattle?

You're near both Shell and Heather. They might be able to answer that for you. Right now Shell is dealing with family issues and it's not a good time to bother her with anything. She runs a support group in Seattle which I'm sure she'll get back to when she is able to get things in order. I went to one of her meetings when I was living in Portland. And I was lucky enough to meet Heather while I was there. Keep an eye on the Support Group boards (there's a forum for the Seattle group) for upcoming meetings.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Welcome ... new
      #300566 - 02/22/07 10:39 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I live close to where Butch and the Sundance Kid ran around. Still local heroes in some places ... anyway ... read the book ... it really has some very good advice and ideas.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#300575 - 02/23/07 05:42 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Welcome to the boards John.

I'm a Canuck, and haven't had the experience of the support group, but if Shell's involved, I'm sure it's great.

All the best,

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Welcome ... new
      #300598 - 02/23/07 11:07 AM
Sundance

Thanks for the advice. You live in Wyoming? I've always wanted to make a road trip there...don't know why...maybe b/c I heard some stat about how it has the smallest population...and wondered why...or just wanted to see the area for myself.

--------------------
John- Situational IBS-D

#300599 - 02/23/07 11:12 AM
Sundance

Hey, thanks. Canada is nice...I go to Vancouver quite a bit...never been to Ontario though...I'll be sure to keep up with the support group.

--------------------
John- Situational IBS-D

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 771 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2162

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review