All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Are you a cat or a dog person?
      #30031 - 12/04/03 12:23 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I've always wanted a cat...but my mom's allergic (and I found out I am too!) so now I'll never have the cat I've always wanted. I grew up with a Dachsund and I would LOVE to have one again. I also had a Bichon Frise when I was a teen...but we had to give it away b/c of, you guessed it, mom's allergies. Ok, ok, it was also becaise I was left to train the dog and it wasn't working out very well (I begged my folks to let me have apuppy for my 14th b-day...and when I couldn't potty train him, that was the end of our doggie!)

Now I plan to live vicariously through all of you pet lovers out there...

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Are you a cat or a dog person? new
      #30038 - 12/04/03 12:39 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I was a cat person when my huband and I met (I had a 14 year old cat) but my hubby is severely alergic to cats. He survived living with me and my cat by use of inhalers and Claratin. My cat lived for three more years and his dog lived for three more years....we had to have them both put down within a week of each other. Now I have become a dog person and we have two golden retreivers and I love them very much.

I have to say both new
      #30041 - 12/04/03 12:52 PM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I have three dogs and two cats so I can't choose. I would have more, but my DH would kill me. I thought he was going to kill me when I adopted the last cat. That was a really fun experience. I don't think I want to try it again.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#30048 - 12/04/03 02:02 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have two cats. One is part simmesse(sp?) and has an attitude problem! I still love her of course! The other is a long hair, orange and white persian. Persians are the ones with the smooshed face, his is SO smooshed he has a hard time breathing, which I guess is fairly common in that breed. Whats not as common, is his lower left "fang" sticks out of his mouth so he looks like he is snarling all the time, when he is the absolute sweetest kitty on earth! He loves to love and play, play, play even though he is 2 years old now!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#30156 - 12/05/03 09:39 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I've only had two cats... and loved them...but will never get more now that they are no longer with us But, I'm becoming a puppy lover now.... my Boss had one that I took care of during the day....but last month was put down... he had a brain tumor. My hubby is a dog lover and wants one real bad...... our place it too small right now.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#30258 - 12/05/03 05:18 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm definitely a cat person! There's nothing like curling up on the couch on a cold Winter night with a cat purring contentedly on your lap. Talk about relaxing! Dogs are too energetic for me, lol. Here's a pic of my extremely spoiled cat, Fluffy!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#30282 - 12/05/03 10:14 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

My one great passion in life is cats. Ihave alwaysb had them up until the time I moved into an apartment. It broke my heart to have to give up my cats. They knew something was going on too, by the way they reacted.

#30378 - 12/07/03 05:04 AM
sugar

Reged: 02/08/03
Loc: Calistoga, CA

I'm both a cat and a dog person. At the moment I
have a monster cat named Mad Max. He is a total
psychotic. Everyone hates him except for me.
I feel sorry for him. Poor thing just can't
help being grumpy, but sometimes he is sweet for
a few minutes and I appreciate those minutes.

I have always had dogs or cats all my life and
I can't imagine what I would do without a pet.

--------------------
A Safe Place

#30512 - 12/08/03 06:38 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Definitely a cat person! Dogs are way too much work for me! I love my baby kitten! (He's five LOL)

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him...he even sleeps with me at night under the blankets with his head on me!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#30539 - 12/08/03 08:15 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I love cats. Have always had them! Now that I am moving, I have to give up my guy. I am hoping that my friend in NYC is going to take him. I can't have pets in my apt., but since my hubby is a cat guy too, we will get one as soon as we move into a house!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#30601 - 12/08/03 10:31 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Lol, I am most definitely a cat person (though I'm a softie for all animals, especially strays!)

I currently have 3 cats, and I'm not supposed to have any in my apt! Last spring a pregnant stray just showed up on my doorstep (*cough*, okay, so maybe I leave food out for the strays! I can't help it, really, I can't!) and I couldn't let her starve with a litter to care for, so I took her in, and she had 5 kittens....we kept the mom (she's very skittish and psycho but I couldn't turn her back out on the streets!)and we kept the runt (properly named Hobbit ) And about a month ago, the most gorgeous cat showed up outside my doorstep, and since he had a collar we waited to see if the owners would take him, but after a couple weeks it was apparent he was abandoned. Who would abandon such cute lovable creatures in an asphalt parking lot to starve, I don't know.... So anyhow, I'm quickly becoming known as the crazy cat lady, and as a student I can barely afford to feed myself! Doh't!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Both new
      #30632 - 12/08/03 03:18 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I love both, but I'm getting a dog cos I just love the way they're always glad to see you home and I love walking.

Re: a cat person nt new
      #30671 - 12/09/03 04:28 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

Re: I hate my cat new
      #30702 - 12/09/03 10:00 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Nothing like getting up and stepping in his vomit. He can't help but eat the Christmas tree and our bunny's hay. He had surgery a few years ago because he ate a ribbon. We call him the million dollar cat.

Yesturday he vomited on one of the girls books. I had to throw it out. Tory goes to work in the dark so he misses it. Lucky him.

#30879 - 12/09/03 06:43 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oh Torbetta, your kitty sounds so much like my Pandora, who died last Spring. She loved eating ribbons and licking plastic. She also had an obsessive overeating disorder, so that whenever she got nervous she would go and eat until she puked. I know how frustrating it can be to find vomit all over the house. But please, love your kitty for me anyway! As much as I was annoyed by her I loved my Pandi to death and miss her a lot.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: I hate my cat (this reminds me) new
      #30968 - 12/10/03 09:46 AM
Shell Marr

Oh this brings back memories of my my cat Caramel from many Christmas ago..... for this very reason, stopped buying ribbon and only use bows.... at least it is coming out in the form of vomit and you are not chasing him around the house with plastic gloves on trying to grab the ribbon that is now coming out the "other end" LOL Oh, my tummy hurts from laughing thinking about it.... poor kitty.... I miss him!!

--------------------

#30969 - 12/10/03 09:47 AM
torbetta

Well my husband loves him and the girls do too. I hate him even more today since he ran out of the litter box with poop still hanging off his butt. Landed on the kitchen floor and Meike stepped in it. Luckily she didn't track it through the house but still yuck. I am not happy. I tried very carefully to pick it up since we are trying to have a baby. I can not have this keep happening especially if we have a baby. I will have to scour the floors so I can put the baby down. Probable will have to anyways for little toys. Ok getting too far a head of myself again.

I have decided I am not an animal person. I will tolerate them for the family. I wanted to lock him up last night. At least he didn't vomit too.

#30970 - 12/10/03 09:48 AM
torbetta

We have done that before too. Easter we have to ask family not to buy easter grass. He is hopeless.

#30973 - 12/10/03 09:52 AM
Shell Marr

but I bet his is cute

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1956 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2434

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review