All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just need to vent....
      #300091 - 02/18/07 11:55 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I know things could be much worse but I know that all of you understand the frustrations of IBS. Mine has come back with a vengenance since giving birth to Ava. It started with an attack on Monday of this past week and then another one on Friday partly due to eating pasta sauce with milk in it and getting run off the road into a ditch with Ava in the car. (We are both ok. I just was shaken up and have mild whiplash). I have had D since Friday and cramps. I am so depressed realizing that I am going to have to start all over again to get stable. I think alot has to do with the hormones in my body. I tell you what being pregnant and nursing was the best thing for my IBS. I wish there was a way to duplicate those hormones in a pill and give it to those of us with IBS. So dealing with a sore tummy and an aching neck due to the idiot who pulled out in front of me. I feel a bit bad venting because I know that some of you are dealing with alot worse. But I also know you guys are good listeners. Thanks....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

vent away! new
      #300092 - 02/18/07 12:20 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hey Angela; vent away. That's why we are here! Sorry to hear your having trouble with D. but it is probably hormones and stress. But glad to hear that you and Ava are fine other than whiplash. Take care. Sue

Re: Just need to vent.... new
      #300093 - 02/18/07 12:24 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Angela,
Sorry to hear about your accident...and your tummy. As uncomfortable as I am now (pregnant with 3 mo. to go) my belly has been better. I am not looking forward to having those issues back, that is for sure.

Just take care of yourself and remember, the BTC diet is not forever. You will get to feeling better again soon. I will be thinking of you.

Big hugs.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: I totally understand! new
      #300103 - 02/18/07 03:13 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I've been saying that for years! My 9mths pregnant each time with each child was the best I ever felt! I was healthier and had no IBS. As soon as I had the babies, BAM! it came back.
It's funny you should mention hormones though cause just Monday I had some hormone tests done to see if mine are out of whack cause I SOOOOOOOO want this flare up that I"m having for the last few weeks be blamed on hormones. I'm still awaiting the results. I've been so miserable these last few weeks with my IBS too. I feel trapped in the house for fear I'll have an attack at the store. I can't eat anything if I know I'm going somewhere. I HATE IT!
Hope things are looking better for you soon. Just wanted you to know that I understand your venting. Hope your whiplash gets better too

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

*HUG* I can imagine... new
      #300136 - 02/19/07 06:01 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

when I went from stable to non stable again when life got too stressful and mom almost killed me (long story) I was so frustrated, but in the long run I am basically stable again..but its one of my fears with going back to school...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: *HUG* I can imagine... new
      #300150 - 02/19/07 08:45 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, that must have been awful scary! I am so glad you and Ava are ok. I know any situation that is that stressful can cause all sorts of tummy issues and you are probably achy as well from the fender bender!

Just remember, you got stable once and you will do it again. As you said, your hormones are still a bit off and I know you are upset about having to go back to work soon. There's a lot going on right now. It WILL get better. Hugs and love.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Thanks everyone! new
      #300156 - 02/19/07 09:24 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

I appreciate all of your support. I know that I will be stable again. It is just hard to have to start all over again. I feel much better today however my neck still hurts a bit. I am stressing about going back to work, but I did get an extra week because of all the snow days we have had. Instead of going back on March 5 I get to go back March 11. We have had 5 days and they don't count during my Family Medical Leave days, so I am excited about that. That means Ava will be 15 weeks old before I have to go back to work. She is doing better too. She only gets up once a night for a bottle. She is usually asleep by 8pm and up at 2am and then up in the morning at 7am. Not too bad.

Thanks for everyone's support again. I am taking it easy on my tummy. I had cereal for breakfast and am having pita with hummus for lunch. Hopefully that will settle well.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1121

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review