All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Baby Making
      #299691 - 02/13/07 04:47 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I am going to kick of the latest version of the baby making thread for those of you interested/ttc/soon to be ttc...

Is anyone out there ttc yet? I am on cd 13, 6 days until my u/s to find out if the clomid worked this month. I sure hope so! This is going to be a long week. At least DH and I can give things a go this week in hopes that I will ovulate this week. Good week for Valentine's Day Anyone else have any updates?

Michele, how are you doing with reducing meds and getting your body ready? Are you going to start w/ fertility drugs right away when you try again or see what mother nature does?

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Edited by Mary_V (02/13/07 04:54 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Baby Making new
      #299707 - 02/13/07 08:34 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi Mary! How were the side effects from the clomid this month? CD13, you and hubby are going to be BUSY this week! Sending you lots of good egg power!!!

I figure it will be at least a few months before we really think about trying. Its only been 2.5 weeks since I stopped the mtx and we need to wait 8 weeks minimum. I see both the nuero doc and rheumy this week. I have made appts to start pool therapy next week.

I was doing relatively ok until I tried to clean house Saturday. My already puffy hands and feet swelled up three more sizes. Ugh.

Last night I started feeling sorta, wrong, even for me. Today, I feel a little sick, not my usual crap. I wonder if I have that bug thats going around. My tummy has been pretty ok but I had some serious D and cramps a while ago and I feel like I could puke at any moment. The doc I work for will be in at 3:30 and we have a full afternoon of patients crammed in there. Hope this is just something I ate and passes soon.

Happy Baby Making!!!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#299711 - 02/13/07 10:06 AM
Mary_V

Hi Michele,

So far no major side effects. I'm quite surprised. Yesterday and today I have had a mild headache on and off, but that's it. It seems like I have fewer s/e on the 100mg than I did on the 50. I hope that doesn't mean it's not working. I'm anxious to start feeling some pain in the next few days Yes, DH and I are doing our part this week. Now my ovaries just need to cooperate! These next few days are going to feel eternal. I just want it to be Monday so I know if the pills worked or not. I'm not even thinking too much about whether or not I'll get pregnant. I don't think I'll mind waiting to find that out...the normal 2ww. But I hate waiting to find out if our attempts are for nothing. I don't feel very hopeful when I'm not even ovulating. Once that gets going I'll be much more positive.

I will be seeing my whole family this weekend. They know nothing about us ttc. And I want to keep it that way until I'm pregnant. I'm just hoping I don't hear any comments about 'when I'm going to start having kids.' I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. And taking these meds doesn't help. I am much more touchy than usual. But I'll have to hide any sad/negative feelings from them. What a pain. But it'll be worth it to have a big surprise when I do get pregnant. This will be the 1st grandchild for the in-laws. I can't wait until we can tell them that they will be grandparents. Anyway, getting a little ahead of myself. Still have to just wait.

I hate days that I feel yucky but have to be at work. Not fun. I hope it's something that passes quickly.

Sounds like you at least have a plan of action for right now. It's the worst when you're just waiting for doctors.

Thanks for the encouragement. I need it. DH and I are going out to dinner for Valentine's Day tonight...hopefully that will help with the BDing I have the preseed if I need it, but hopefully not.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#299725 - 02/13/07 12:01 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, the dreaded comments from family and friends!!! I was pretty open about trying so it wasn't too bad for me but I do know what you mean. And yes, the clomid and stress of it does make you more touchy!

I hope the ultrasound shows good news! It does seem a bit late in your cycle to be doing it. Did the doctor say why he isn't doing the ultrasound on an earlier cycle day?

Where are you guys going for dinner?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#299752 - 02/13/07 05:38 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Mary!

CD 8 here, but I don't usually O until at least CD 15. CD 15 would be perfect, because DH and I will be home together CD 12-14. We almost always BD at least once a day when we have the day off together, so that would be the ultimate in timing! We'll see. This is only our second cycle trying, so if it happens, great, but if it doesn't, I won't be too stressed.

Good luck! Enjoy your dinner and the romance that follows!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#299753 - 02/13/07 05:40 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

Is anyone out there ttc yet?

Yup, but that's not new news. Since we just started, we're taking the let's see what happens route for a few months. No planning or charting or timing yet. But we've also been waiting a few years to have children so even though we're not in a stressful rush, it's still in our prayers everyday.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#299767 - 02/14/07 04:34 AM
Mary_V

I'm not sure why the doctor is doing the ultrasound late. I think with the provera my cycles have been around 31 days. So that would put O around cd 16 or 17. Maybe he chose the 19th b/c of his schedule...not on the weekend. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter. We're trying anyway. So, if something is there he'll see it...and we will have done our part already.

We went to Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. Yummy!! And you get lots of food so we have enough leftovers for another meal.

Today is cd 14. 5 days to go!!! I always thought it was torture waiting for doctor appointments for GI stuff, but this is worse. At least this is b/c of your body and not b/c of the doctor. You know it's bad when you would love to have very short cycles so you could try more often. I'd go through AF every other week if our bodies could work that quickly Hopefully the next few days will fly by. I know the weekend will...it always does. Then I go the doctor first thing in the morning on Monday.

--------------------
~Mary

#299768 - 02/14/07 04:36 AM
Mary_V

Good luck to you too Christine! Is this your first time ttc? It is for us. I wish we could just try like normal people, but we had to start off with fertility drugs. This is the 2nd cycle of taking them. Hopefully the increased dose will do the trick! I won't be too stressed about not getting pregnant this cycle (although it would be nice) but I really hope that I will ovulate this month. We'll see.

--------------------
~Mary

#299769 - 02/14/07 04:38 AM
Mary_V

It is in our prayers every day as well. I know God is in control, but some days I really wish He would speed up the process All in his time. Good luck!

--------------------
~Mary

Re: clomid kicking in?? new
      #299777 - 02/14/07 06:35 AM
Mary_V

Ok, so I'm wondering if things are getting started today. I have been feeling really good the last week or so. And then today I am just not feeling right. My intestines have slowed down, I have a headache, my appetite has vanished, I'm hot, I've had some pain and a little nausea, and I feel very thirsty...even though I drink a TON of water. I'm really hoping this means that the clomid is working. Good thing DH and I have been BDing! Maybe I'll O sooner than the doctor expected. Right now I'm feeling hot, hot, hot

--------------------
~Mary

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 518 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 85171

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review