All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Baby Making
      #299691 - 02/13/07 04:47 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I am going to kick of the latest version of the baby making thread for those of you interested/ttc/soon to be ttc...

Is anyone out there ttc yet? I am on cd 13, 6 days until my u/s to find out if the clomid worked this month. I sure hope so! This is going to be a long week. At least DH and I can give things a go this week in hopes that I will ovulate this week. Good week for Valentine's Day Anyone else have any updates?

Michele, how are you doing with reducing meds and getting your body ready? Are you going to start w/ fertility drugs right away when you try again or see what mother nature does?

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Edited by Mary_V (02/13/07 04:54 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Baby Making new
      #299707 - 02/13/07 08:34 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi Mary! How were the side effects from the clomid this month? CD13, you and hubby are going to be BUSY this week! Sending you lots of good egg power!!!

I figure it will be at least a few months before we really think about trying. Its only been 2.5 weeks since I stopped the mtx and we need to wait 8 weeks minimum. I see both the nuero doc and rheumy this week. I have made appts to start pool therapy next week.

I was doing relatively ok until I tried to clean house Saturday. My already puffy hands and feet swelled up three more sizes. Ugh.

Last night I started feeling sorta, wrong, even for me. Today, I feel a little sick, not my usual crap. I wonder if I have that bug thats going around. My tummy has been pretty ok but I had some serious D and cramps a while ago and I feel like I could puke at any moment. The doc I work for will be in at 3:30 and we have a full afternoon of patients crammed in there. Hope this is just something I ate and passes soon.

Happy Baby Making!!!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#299711 - 02/13/07 10:06 AM
Mary_V

Hi Michele,

So far no major side effects. I'm quite surprised. Yesterday and today I have had a mild headache on and off, but that's it. It seems like I have fewer s/e on the 100mg than I did on the 50. I hope that doesn't mean it's not working. I'm anxious to start feeling some pain in the next few days Yes, DH and I are doing our part this week. Now my ovaries just need to cooperate! These next few days are going to feel eternal. I just want it to be Monday so I know if the pills worked or not. I'm not even thinking too much about whether or not I'll get pregnant. I don't think I'll mind waiting to find that out...the normal 2ww. But I hate waiting to find out if our attempts are for nothing. I don't feel very hopeful when I'm not even ovulating. Once that gets going I'll be much more positive.

I will be seeing my whole family this weekend. They know nothing about us ttc. And I want to keep it that way until I'm pregnant. I'm just hoping I don't hear any comments about 'when I'm going to start having kids.' I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. And taking these meds doesn't help. I am much more touchy than usual. But I'll have to hide any sad/negative feelings from them. What a pain. But it'll be worth it to have a big surprise when I do get pregnant. This will be the 1st grandchild for the in-laws. I can't wait until we can tell them that they will be grandparents. Anyway, getting a little ahead of myself. Still have to just wait.

I hate days that I feel yucky but have to be at work. Not fun. I hope it's something that passes quickly.

Sounds like you at least have a plan of action for right now. It's the worst when you're just waiting for doctors.

Thanks for the encouragement. I need it. DH and I are going out to dinner for Valentine's Day tonight...hopefully that will help with the BDing I have the preseed if I need it, but hopefully not.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#299725 - 02/13/07 12:01 PM
michele

Yes, the dreaded comments from family and friends!!! I was pretty open about trying so it wasn't too bad for me but I do know what you mean. And yes, the clomid and stress of it does make you more touchy!

I hope the ultrasound shows good news! It does seem a bit late in your cycle to be doing it. Did the doctor say why he isn't doing the ultrasound on an earlier cycle day?

Where are you guys going for dinner?

--------------------

#299752 - 02/13/07 05:38 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Mary!

CD 8 here, but I don't usually O until at least CD 15. CD 15 would be perfect, because DH and I will be home together CD 12-14. We almost always BD at least once a day when we have the day off together, so that would be the ultimate in timing! We'll see. This is only our second cycle trying, so if it happens, great, but if it doesn't, I won't be too stressed.

Good luck! Enjoy your dinner and the romance that follows!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#299753 - 02/13/07 05:40 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

Is anyone out there ttc yet?

Yup, but that's not new news. Since we just started, we're taking the let's see what happens route for a few months. No planning or charting or timing yet. But we've also been waiting a few years to have children so even though we're not in a stressful rush, it's still in our prayers everyday.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#299767 - 02/14/07 04:34 AM
Mary_V

I'm not sure why the doctor is doing the ultrasound late. I think with the provera my cycles have been around 31 days. So that would put O around cd 16 or 17. Maybe he chose the 19th b/c of his schedule...not on the weekend. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter. We're trying anyway. So, if something is there he'll see it...and we will have done our part already.

We went to Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. Yummy!! And you get lots of food so we have enough leftovers for another meal.

Today is cd 14. 5 days to go!!! I always thought it was torture waiting for doctor appointments for GI stuff, but this is worse. At least this is b/c of your body and not b/c of the doctor. You know it's bad when you would love to have very short cycles so you could try more often. I'd go through AF every other week if our bodies could work that quickly Hopefully the next few days will fly by. I know the weekend will...it always does. Then I go the doctor first thing in the morning on Monday.

--------------------
~Mary

#299768 - 02/14/07 04:36 AM
Mary_V

Good luck to you too Christine! Is this your first time ttc? It is for us. I wish we could just try like normal people, but we had to start off with fertility drugs. This is the 2nd cycle of taking them. Hopefully the increased dose will do the trick! I won't be too stressed about not getting pregnant this cycle (although it would be nice) but I really hope that I will ovulate this month. We'll see.

--------------------
~Mary

#299769 - 02/14/07 04:38 AM
Mary_V

It is in our prayers every day as well. I know God is in control, but some days I really wish He would speed up the process All in his time. Good luck!

--------------------
~Mary

Re: clomid kicking in?? new
      #299777 - 02/14/07 06:35 AM
Mary_V

Ok, so I'm wondering if things are getting started today. I have been feeling really good the last week or so. And then today I am just not feeling right. My intestines have slowed down, I have a headache, my appetite has vanished, I'm hot, I've had some pain and a little nausea, and I feel very thirsty...even though I drink a TON of water. I'm really hoping this means that the clomid is working. Good thing DH and I have been BDing! Maybe I'll O sooner than the doctor expected. Right now I'm feeling hot, hot, hot

--------------------
~Mary

#299780 - 02/14/07 07:00 AM
michele

Sounds like a good plan! I know the waiting is hard, when you are trying, you are always waiting for something! Waiting for AF, waiting to have sex, waiting to ovulate, waiting for appts, over and over! Good luck!

--------------------

#299781 - 02/14/07 07:02 AM
michele

Yep, sounds like the clomid! Not too much you can do but take some tylenol and try to relax!

--------------------

#299847 - 02/14/07 05:25 PM
ChristineM

Good luck, Mary! I hope your discomfort is, indeed, from the Clomid working its magic! That drug has done wonders for lots of people, so I hope it does the trick for you!

We're on cycle 2 TTC #1, so we're definitely still doing everything the old-fashioned way. TTC is kind of a vulnerable feeling. There's only so much you can do, and then it's up to your body/nature/God to do the rest! It's hard for me to just let go and have faith that everything will work the way it's supposed to. Here's hoping it happens in the next few months!

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Out of our control new
      #299870 - 02/15/07 04:45 AM
Mary_V

I totally understand how you feel, Christine. I like to plan everything and be in control of everything. It's hard for me to accept that I'm doing everything I can, but the rest is not up to me. I have made a lot of little changes in my life in the last couple months that I'm hoping will have a big effect on my body's ability to conceive. I started taking medication for hypothyroidism (which can cause infertility), I started taking a mulit-vitamin, I started taking folic acid, and I've changed my diet quite a bit. Since I had surgery in Sept. I am pretty much free of IBS. So I am trying to eat healthy now. All of my GI issues made me lose a lot of weight. I am borderline underweight. So, I've been trying to eat more and gain weight with healthy foods, not junk food. I eat cashews almost every day. I eat a lot of avacados, and I eat natural peanut butter. Those are all good sources of healthy fat. I also add ground flax seeds to my food. I've cut out caffeine. I eat mostly whole grains...very few refined carbs. So far I haven't gained any weight, but at least I'm eating healthy. I snack a lot more than I used to. I have also made a lot of improvement in my mental health. I've been seeing a psychologist for just under a year. So, overall I feel a lot healthier now. Even my hair feels thicker and my nails are nicer. I notice little things like that all the time. I think that God knew I wasn't physically or mentally ready for a baby before. But I feel like I am now. We'll see if God agrees I just tell myself I am doing everything I can to prepare my body. The rest is out of my control, so it's not worth worrying about...I know, easier said than done, but I try. The other hard part for me is that I'm really sick of my job. When I have a baby I'll be a stay-at-home mom. I am REALLY looking forward to that. I know it sounds stereotypical, but I really do love to cook, bake, clean, etc. I love to be at home. And I love children. So, I'm anxious to be done with my job and be at home with a baby. Right now my days just drag on...which makes the waiting even harder.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. It's just nice to talk to someone who understands. Hopefully this will be the month for both of us!!

Today is cd15. 4 days until my u/s. I'm just praying that I will ovluate this month. DH and I are working hard to do our part. Now my ovaries need to do theirs :P

Good luck. Baby dust!

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Out of our control new
      #299928 - 02/15/07 04:41 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

When I have a baby I'll be a stay-at-home mom. I am REALLY looking forward to that. I know it sounds stereotypical, but I really do love to cook, bake, clean, etc. I love to be at home. And I love children. So, I'm anxious to be done with my job and be at home with a baby.

I know exactly how you feel. It's like you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm lucky in that the family I nanny for is just about as excited about hubby and I starting a family as we are. And they are more than happy to have another baby around. And my hours will probably be cut in September when their youngest starts preschool a couple days a week. So I won't have to work a full time job. Basically, I won't have to worry about childcare expenses. My husband and I have decided this is my last job. In a couple years, when this family doesn't need me to be there, I'll be a SAHM.

--------------------

#299937 - 02/15/07 06:33 PM
ChristineM

Okay, I totally hear you both on the job front! I love my job, but I am suffering from some pretty serious burnout/growing pains right now. The population of our school has changed dramatically in the past few years, and it's requiring me to re-think my teaching methods. I'm kind of at a point where I'd rather just opt out for a while. We're going to have to see how much "opting out" we can afford, though. We live in a pretty pricey part of the country.

--------------------
Christine

#299941 - 02/15/07 06:45 PM
ChristineM

Mary,

I think it's so great that you've done so much to improve yourself. I'm with you on that, too. I did therapy for 1.5 years and would actually like to go back at some point, though I've pretty much decided I'm one of the "lucky" people who'll be on some kind of AD for the rest of my life. I just run a little on the depressed side. Anyway, I've worked on my psychological health, I've started working out, I've always eaten pretty well. The "letting go and letting God" part is just really, really hard for me. I tend to not rely on others in general, so it's an interesting thing to now be in a position where my control is so limited. (I know it's limited everywhere else, too, but here it FEELS limited.)

Anyway, good luck! I hope you ovulate soon!

--------------------
Christine

#299964 - 02/16/07 04:47 AM
Mary_V

I have anxiety and mild depression. I know that I will need to use an AD someday. But I don't want to start one when I want to get pregnant. So, I'm waiting on that for now. But there are some days when I REALLY wish I could take one. I have learned to control my anxiety to a certain degree, but there is some stuff that is just out of my control w/o medication. And I want that to stop.

Being a nanny would be a great job. That's cool that you won't have to worry about child care. I would love to find a part time job that I could do from home. Our income will be cut in half when I stop working. DH and I make close to the same salary...we're both engineers.

TGIF!!! This week has gone by so slowly. Hopefully my work day will fly by. My weekend alwasy goes fast, so I'm not worried about that. Then my u/s is Monday morning. I've definitely been feeling stuff in my ovaries the past couple of days. Kind of like pms. So, hopefully the drugs are working.

Good luck to you both!!

--------------------
~Mary

Vent new
      #299968 - 02/16/07 05:55 AM
Mary_V

My morning is starting out really crappy today. My intestines are in knots, my computer is not working (which means I can't do my work), and I have to go to a 2 hour off site meeting for work in about 15 min. I just feel like going back to bed. I'm sure part of how I'm feeling is from the clomid/ovulation. The other part is my anxiety flaring up. And this meeting will double it. I know I'll sit tense the whole time. I just want this day to be over. Sorry, had to get that out.

--------------------
~Mary

It's alright. Let it out! We're here to listen. :) n/t new
      #299998 - 02/16/07 03:41 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Well, first cycle down, no luck. new
      #300098 - 02/18/07 02:47 PM
hohoyumyum

I woke up to having to pee and found out AF came first thing this morning. Ah, well. Bring on the second round!

--------------------

Re: Well, first cycle down, no luck. new
      #300105 - 02/18/07 04:08 PM
Mary_V

Bummer! I haven't even had the chance to try and than have the 2ww yet. I'm still waiting for my body to start ovulating. I find out tomorrow morning!!! I really hope these pills worked this month. I'm super nervous about my appt. I want good news. I'll keep you posted after my appt. Good luck on your 2nd try!!!

--------------------
~Mary

And good luck to you, too. new
      #300113 - 02/18/07 05:54 PM
hohoyumyum

It's so funny, we spend so much time trying not to get pregnant, and then so much time trying to. It's like "hurry up and wait", or speeding to the next red light. Oh well, at least the ride is fun! LOL.

--------------------

Waiting to ovulate here new
      #300127 - 02/18/07 11:10 PM
ChristineM

It's been a sexathon all weekend, and today I broke all my own rules and kept bugging DH for some. And the thing is I KNOW the odds of me ovulating before Tuesday are slim to none. I would really like to get in some more action tomorrow, so I hope I didn't push too hard today.

Hohoyumyum, good luck with practicing next cycle!

--------------------
Christine

Re: Waiting to ovulate here new
      #300132 - 02/19/07 04:09 AM
Mary_V

LOL. That's what I feel like my last week has been. But DH will never turn it down. I'm the one that has a harder time with it. But it's worth it. Only an hour until my ultrasound appt. I hope I ovulated!!! I'm praying for something big to show up on the screen Today is cd 19, so it should have happened by now...I would think.

So true about trying to hard not to get pregnant. Sometimes I wonder if it would have made a difference if I had never even taken birth control. I guess we'll never know. I do know that I'm done with it for quite a while now. I want to have 3 or 4 kids (God willing). And if I have them close together, that's fine by me. But right now I'd be happy with one.

I'll post when I get back from the doctor...hopefully with good news...

--------------------
~Mary

Back from the RE... new
      #300142 - 02/19/07 07:39 AM
Mary_V

Ok, so I had my ultrasound this morning. On the bad side, I had to sit there forever and my stomach is in knots now. On the good side, I had a 15mm follicle and good lining. I have to go back on Thurs. to see if the follicle has grown/the egg has been released. DH and I have to BD on Wed. So, I'm not thrilled about having to wait more, but I am excited that so far things are looking good. I'm praying that it keeps growing and that things work this month!! Until then I suffer through the ovary pain and the GI pain. Ugghh. I need to relax, but it's not the easiest thing to do at work. Hopefully tonight...

--------------------
~Mary

#300146 - 02/19/07 08:35 AM
michele

So sorry, big hugs...good luck next cycle

--------------------

Re: Back from the RE... new
      #300147 - 02/19/07 08:38 AM
michele

Yay, thats relatively good news!! Sorry your tummy is in a tizzy but at least you are cooking up a good egg!! Did the re say anything about a possible hcg injection to make the egg release if it hasn't done so by your next appt?

--------------------

#300154 - 02/19/07 08:59 AM
Mary_V

Thanks. I am pretty excited that at least something is going on. He didn't say anything about hcg. He hasn't mentioned injections at all yet. I guess we'll see what happens on Thurs. I just want to keep things moving. I'll take an injection if that will make things work! Now 2 1/2 days of waiting again... I had a lot of pain on my left side last night...and that's the side the follicle is on. So in a way I'm hoping for more pain! I'm praying for something good on Thurs.

--------------------
~Mary

#300159 - 02/19/07 09:44 AM
ChristineM

Congrats on the growing follie! I hope it keeps up!

Nothing new to report here today... just hoping to get my DH in the sack at some point (any point!) today.

--------------------
Christine

#300165 - 02/19/07 10:36 AM
Mary_V

Thanks. Are you an every day kind of person? I know some people say every day and others say every other day is best. We kind of do it when it fits into our schedule...but skip no more than one day in between...usually. What cd are you on? I'm on cd 19. I guess I'm ovulating later than most this cycle if it won't be until the 21st or 22nd.

--------------------
~Mary

#300171 - 02/19/07 11:29 AM
Mary_V

Michele,

Did you ever have fatigue as a side effect from fertility drugs/treatments? I am sooooo tired today. It's like my whole body is drained. I could fall asleep in about 10 seconds, literally, if I had a pillow and a bed. I'm wondering if it's just my body putting all of its energy into preparing for the egg. Whatever it is it makes it very difficult to focus on work.

--------------------
~Mary

#300185 - 02/19/07 01:19 PM
michele

Yes, I did. I agree, I think your body is spending all its energy on egg making right now!

I know how much it sucks to be at work and be so tired and feeling crappy. Hope the work day is soon over for you!

--------------------

#300188 - 02/19/07 02:25 PM
grand_am_92

Reged: 02/08/07

Hi there hohoyumyum,
Sorry to hear that the first round didnt work out, but you are in my thoughts and prayers...all the best,
rollerskatz (Shirley)

#300189 - 02/19/07 02:27 PM
grand_am_92

Reged: 02/08/07

Here is wishing you the best!!! Good Luck!!!
Rollerskatz (Shirley)

Thanks, and good luck to you all. new
      #300214 - 02/19/07 05:30 PM
hohoyumyum

It's only the first cycle. I think that secretly DH is a little happy about this. More sex for him! But he's a little sad, too.

Good luck to everyone!!

--------------------

Raspberry Tea? Fact or Fiction? new
      #300215 - 02/19/07 05:54 PM
hohoyumyum

I found this on http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/herbaltea.html and similar info on other sites. What do you gals think? At the very least, raspberry tea sounds tasty.

Quote:

Red Raspberry Leaf (Likely Safe) - Rich in iron, this herb has helped tone the uterus, increase milk production, decrease nausea, and ease labor pains. Many of the "Pregnancy Teas" commonly contain Red Raspberry leaf to help promote uterine health during pregnancy.
There is some controversy about whether this should be used throughout pregnancy or just in the second and third trimester, so many health care providers will remain cautious and only recommend using it after the first trimester.

--------------------

tea new
      #300237 - 02/20/07 03:02 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I was told to stay away from it in 3rd trimester.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#300244 - 02/20/07 06:05 AM
Mary_V

This egg is kicking my butt. I feel pretty drained today too. But hopefully that means that all of my energy is going towards making this thing grow and develop! And hopefully it will be > 18 mm on Wed. Last night I felt like I was ready to go to bed by 8:00. Maybe tonight I will act on it Only 2 more days!!

--------------------
~Mary

#300279 - 02/20/07 10:49 AM
michele

I think an early to bed night sounds wonderful! Remember, they like the egg follicle to be 18 but really 16 is viable. The month I got pg with twins, mine never measured over 15 and my estrogen dropped early, so you never know!!

--------------------

#300286 - 02/20/07 11:15 AM
Mary_V

As always, thanks for the encouragement, Michele! I am very hopeful that my ovaries are working this month, even if I don't get pregnant. But that would be even better I sure feel like things are happening. I feel mild pain, cramps and CM seems to be good. I haven't needed the preseed so far. After today only one more long day of work to get through. I'll post on Thurs. morning when I get back from my next u/s.

Are you counting down the days until you can try again? I pray that you get a child of your own some day. I know how it feels to want a child badly. I hope you're feeling ok.

--------------------
~Mary

#300291 - 02/20/07 12:33 PM
michele

Thanks Mary, the baby making is on hold until we can get my pain under control. I call the pain clinic every other day looking for cancellations but right now the earliest I can get in is March 28!!

--------------------

I've read that... new
      #300333 - 02/20/07 06:29 PM
hohoyumyum

...it's safe all during pregnancy, and that it's only recommended during the 2nd and 3rd trimester. Hmmm...what to think?

--------------------

I was told to drink it to induce labor when I was overdue...it didn't work.-nt new
      #300346 - 02/20/07 07:02 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Me too... new
      #300365 - 02/20/07 09:03 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

You can also rule out black and blue cohosh (which apparently can cause bleeding anyway), Evening Primrose, sex, and Accupressure as natural things that will induce labor. Not a single one of them did anything for me.

At any rate, I've heard the Raspberry Tea just strengthens the muscles of the uterus and makes labor easier, not that it starts it. It doesn't taste bad, so you don't lose anything by trying.

Re: Me too... new
      #300380 - 02/21/07 06:42 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I have to chime in here...

I'm 38w3d pg and ready to POP!!

The jury is out on most herbal teas during pregnany because they haven't been tested enough. But, many midwives recommend the red raspberry leaf tea (2-3 cups/day) after 36 weeks to tone your uterus for labor. I've been drinking it since 36 weeks. "They" say it could cause miscarriage, so that's the theory behind staying away until the baby is full-term.

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (02/21/07 06:45 AM)

#300383 - 02/21/07 07:06 AM
Mary_V

That sucks! I hate it when you have to wait forever for a Dr. appt...especially when you're in pain. I know waiting is not easy. Hope you can keep yourself busy enough that next month flies by! Right now just waiting until tomorrow seems like forever to me. I wish we could spend more of our lives 'doing' instead of waiting. I'll be praying for you.

--------------------
~Mary

Teas?? new
      #300385 - 02/21/07 07:08 AM
Mary_V

Does anyone know what herbal teas are bad for pregnancy? I drink a lot of tea...I can only handle so much plain water. But I don't want to be drinking anything risky. Is peppermint ok? Is chamomile ok? Those are the two that I've heard to be questionable...but I do drink the right now. What have you been told?

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Teas?? new
      #300400 - 02/21/07 09:56 AM
chinagrl

I was told to stay away from jasmine and the cohoshs until you're full term, but that was it.

Re: Teas?? new
      #300410 - 02/21/07 12:19 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

I was told to stay away from peppermint tea in the early parts of pregnancy because it could relax the uterine walls and cause an early miscarriage.

Re: Back from the RE...part 2 new
      #300488 - 02/22/07 06:57 AM
Mary_V

Well, I had my 2nd ultrasound...not quite what I was hoping for. The Dr. said a normal follicle grows about 2 mm a day. Mine grew just over that in 3 days...so things aren't growing normally. It was about 18 mm. Which is a normal size, but given the progression it's not that great. I'm already on cd 22. He said there is a slight chance I could get pregnant this month, but it's not likely. It was very depressing/discouraging to hear that. I will be starting a different kind of progesterone pill tomorrow...it isn't harmful in case I do get pregnant. But it will induce a period if I don't get pregnant. If I don't get my period then I have to go in for a pg test on March 10. If I do, then I start 150 mg (another dosage increase) of clomid on the 10th. The Dr. also increased my thyroid Rx dosage. I'm happy about that. That can only lead to good things. But overall it was a very disappointing visit. I wanted to cry when I told my husband how it went. I know I have to be patient, things will happen in God's time. But I just felt like things were working this time. It's hard to feel like I'm making any progress when I still have not ovulated. This is going to be a LONG day at work. I know I won't be able to focus on my work. And DH has class right after work. So I'll be alone all day (he gets home after 9 pm). On to the next month of waiting, I guess...

--------------------
~Mary

Hugs new
      #300540 - 02/22/07 06:08 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

there is a slight chance I could get pregnant this month

Even though it is a slight chance, it is still a chance. Put your energy into that chance instead of the likelihood that it won't happen. As long as there is the tiniest chance, anything is possible.

It will happen.

--------------------

Re:Melissa! new
      #300623 - 02/23/07 04:45 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Yo may have better luck taking your temp with a digital thermometer. Basal body temp (take it in bed before you get up) Track it every day...even more reliable than the 4-5 day window of ovulation. There's only a 12-24 hr time frame for that egg to be fertilized. Cjeck out webmd.com for more info...we're trying too--schedules seem to be the biggest obstacle for us! I am married to an ER night shift nurse manager....Argggggh!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Re: Hugs new
      #300641 - 02/24/07 04:21 AM
Mary_V

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just trying not to think about it too much. If I find out I'm pregnant in a couple weeks that would be an amazing surprise...maybe even better than if I thought it would happen. You're right, you never know.

--------------------
~Mary

#300691 - 02/25/07 03:43 AM
michele

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear that, I haven't checked in for a few days so I am just now reading this. I UNDERSTAND the disappointment you are going through. I wish I could tell you it gets easier but, honestly, it doesn't.

My fertility journey was one of the hardest things for me to endure. Keep a journal, someplace to write out your feelings, if nothing more than to get them out. Keeping them bottled up just makes it that much harder and sometimes its hard to talk to others about it because unless you have gone through it, its very difficult to understand.

Love and hugs sweetie!!!!

--------------------

#300693 - 02/25/07 03:59 AM
Mary_V

Thanks Michele. I don't know how something like this ever could get easier. In my mind it only gets harder. Every month/attempt that comes and goes is more disappointing. But I'm so thankful for an amazing DH that is so encouraging. He always helps me to look at the positive things instead of the negative...he reminds me of how much closer I was this time than last time, that things are getting better. I don't know how he stays so strong. I also do keep a journal. I've mentioned before that I see a psychologist. She was starting to wind things down with me. She thought I was doing really well after surgery. But then when I started with this she started having me come more frequently again. And I'm glad. She told me to keep a journal. And to set goals for myself...aside from getting pregnant...other stuff to focus on. It does help, but it's still hard not to think about it constantly. Especially when it seems like everything reminds you of babies. I'm constantly seeing or hearing about someone that is pregnant. And every time it gets harder. I took your advice, Michele, and joined the ivillage board. It'll be nice talking to other people going through the same thing. But I will keep posting about it here as well.

I'm already a few days into my 10 days of progesterone for this month. It's prometrium. I've read about quite a few women that take it to help them get pregnant and to prevent miscarriage. Have you ever tried it?? Maybe it will help me too. You never know. I'll keep you posted when the pg or AF week comes (around March 5).

--------------------
~Mary

#300695 - 02/25/07 04:15 AM
michele

No, I am not familiar with that progesterone. Although it has been over a year since I lost the twins and I haven't kept up on whats new.

Its funny how when you are trying or are in my situation, everything reminds you of babys. I can usually cope but at one of my last doctors appts a couple of weeks ago, there were several little babies and a couple of toddlers in the office and I just couldn't deal. Its funny how it its you some days and some days you seem ok.

I am glad you are seeing a shrink (shrink is easier to type!! ) I haven't been to mine is over 6 months and I really need to start going again. It helped me a lot!!

Hang in there, try to stay busy and things will work out!

--------------------

Hormones!!!!!!!!!! new
      #300777 - 02/26/07 09:42 AM
Mary_V

This prometrium is killing me!!! I have to take it twice a day. It makes me sooooooo tired. I've been nodding off multiple times this morning. And it makes me dizzy for a while. I almost fell over walking to the bathroom at work this morning. Aside from that, it's making my digestion sooo slow. Even with 2 doses of miralax. It's like my intestines just went on vacation and everything is just sitting there. Ugghh! I have such a hard time with pills, and these are bigger than any of my other pills and have a hard coating...my tummy just can't digest that. I'm trying my hardest to gain a few pounds, but when I feel crappy it's so hard to eat. I'm trying to make myself, but each day gets harder. Today is only day 4 out of 10 for this pill. I have to take it until Sunday. I don't know how I'm going to manage the rest of the week. I keep telling myself that maybe some of this is early signs of pg. But I know it's probably not. It's just stupid hormone fluctuations.

On a positive note, DH and I finally decided that we ARE going to Spain!! We're going at the end of May. It's hard to plan a trip like that when you're going through fertility treatments, but I did my best to estimate my schedule. And I'm hoping that by then I won't have to go through this anymore...that I'll be pg! I'm just looking forward to a nice trip.

Until then I'm in my waiting, feeling crappy mode. And to top it off I have to get a cavity filled today and a silver filling replaced. This is going to be another LONG week

--------------------
~Mary

#300786 - 02/26/07 10:33 AM
ChristineM

Hi! I was out of town all weekend, so I'm just checking in here.

Mary, I have heard of Prometrium but have never used it. I do use a natural progesterone cream from 3-13 DPO because it helps to strengthen my next cycle and to keep spotting away. I hope you get only good news from here on out!

As for me, I'm now 6 DPO and I don't really feel anything so far, so there's not much to obsess about. Unfortunately, I was up with vomiting and diarrhea last night, I think from food poisoning. It's waaay to early to have pregnancy symptoms like that, so I'm not even entertaining the idea. I definitely don't "have a feeling" like I might be PG this month. I just feel...nothing so far.

Anyway, good luck to all the TTCers!

--------------------
Christine

Re: Hormones!!!!!!!!!! new
      #300796 - 02/26/07 02:06 PM
michele

Sorry to hear you are feeling so craaapppyyyyy!!!! I remember feeling awful when I was on the injectables, I would fly off the handle at anything and start crying for no reason at all, what a roller coaster!!!!

You said you are trying to put some weight on, do the doctors think that your weight has something to do with your troubles ovulating?

Congrats on the trip to Spain!! I have never been but hear it is beautiful!!

--------------------

#300810 - 02/26/07 04:21 PM
Mary_V

Yes, I feel like crying all the time. It's tough to stay composed at work. I'm so thankful that I sit in a cube and don't have to socialize with others much. Today my eyes were so red. If someone had stopped by they would have wondered what was going on. I feel sorry for DH. He has to hear about it all the time. He's really good about it, but I still don't like to complain to him too much. No sense in both of us being depressed

None of my doctors have ever said anything about my weight. But I think it might be a factor. In high school I think I was somewhat anorexic...never extreme, but probably wasn't as healthy as I should have been. I lost about 20lbs. from IBS/surgery too. According to my bmi I'm right on the borderline for underweight (18.6). And a lot of stuff I read says under 20 is low weight for getting pregnant. So, my attempt to gain weight is something I have decided. I guess I don't look underweight. Maybe that's why they never say anything. I'm quite petite (5' 3", 105 lb.), but still have a figure...a few curves. Last year when I went for my physical the nurse said my bmi was off the chart (too low to be shown)...seems to me like that should have been a red flag. But she didn't bat an eye. Anyway, no doctor has said so, but I think it plays a part to a certain degree.

Yes, I've heard good things about Spain too. I'm very excited! I did not do the quick passport. Hopefully it will come in time. It shouldn't take more than 3 months I would think. Have fun on your trip. You leave on my bday You'll have to post pics when you get back...make us all jealous

--------------------
~Mary

#300857 - 02/27/07 10:22 AM
michele

I remember those hormonal days of crying very well. Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end! Since you are trying to gain weight anyways, go buy yourself a nice, big bag of chocolates!!!! Not the healthiest way to gain weight but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

--------------------

#300861 - 02/27/07 10:54 AM
Mary_V

My weapon of choice is ice cream Since I don't worry about IBS anymore I can eat it and not get sick. I probably eat ice cream or frozen yogurt at least 2 or 3 times a week. So far it hasn't done anything. Maybe I just need to eat more of it Although I do already make pretty large ice cream cones for myself...bigger than my husband eats!

Today I'm doing a lot better than yesterday. I'm really sick of these ups and downs. But I guess it's better than all downs :P

--------------------
~Mary

#300895 - 02/27/07 04:37 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

But I guess it's better than all downs :P

Ain't that the truth? The downs help us appreciate the ups.

--------------------

BC and flare-ups new
      #300903 - 02/27/07 05:00 PM
hohoyumyum

I think that going off of BC has caused my IBS to go haywire. Holy Moly! I've gotten so used to not having any issues that this kind of caught me by surprise. I'm going to run through all of my usual tricks to get it back in line, but yowzers!, well...you guys all know how it is.

I told the hubby he better get me pregnant quick (and he's feeling equal to the task)! LOL. I'm hopeful I'll be one of the lucky ladies whose symptoms ease up when they're pregnant.

--------------------

Re: BC and flare-ups new
      #301062 - 03/01/07 04:55 AM
Mary_V

Sorry to hear about the bc problems. I totally understand what it's like to have fluctating hormones...with my progesterone and estrogen pills. I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Today is day 7 out of 10 for my progesterone pills. I think I have adjusted to them now. We'll see how I'm doing when (if) AF shows up on Mon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't...that I'll be pg. But I seriously doubt it.

Just some words of encouragement, Jules just had her baby on Friday...and her IBS is completely gone! Maybe you'll be lucky like that too.

Maybe this will be the month for both of us...I know both DHs would be very happy about it Good luck!

--------------------
~Mary

Feeling better new
      #301197 - 03/01/07 06:09 PM
hohoyumyum

I've got everything back under control except the gas. It was always my worst symptom. I'll get it, though.

--------------------

#301208 - 03/01/07 08:45 PM
ChristineM

You know, my IBS didn't act up too badly when I went off BC. I do flare up around ovulation and right before my period, but it's not too bad overall.

Mary, I'm planning on testing on Tuesday (14 DPO), so I'll be right behind you in finding out if this is the month. I'm not really feeling anything different from normal, but who knows.

--------------------
Christine

#301218 - 03/02/07 04:25 AM
Mary_V

I will probably test on Tuesday as well if no AF. AF should start on Monday. And I know I won't be able to wait more than 1 day if it doesn't Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

--------------------
~Mary

Fingers are crossed for you both!! n/t new
      #301261 - 03/02/07 02:07 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Feeling much better new
      #301323 - 03/03/07 07:37 PM
hohoyumyum

I increased my fiber and made BeanO a standard before all meals and that seems to have, at least for now, taken care of pretty much all of the IBS stuff.

--------------------

Re: Feeling much better new
      #301351 - 03/04/07 03:39 AM
Mary_V

Good to hear. Hopefully it will pass soon and you'll be back to stable. One more day until AF is supposed to show up for me. We'll see...

--------------------
~Mary

#301398 - 03/04/07 03:22 PM
hohoyumyum

I'm on CD #15. I've always been pretty regular with 28 day cycles whether on or off BC. So yesterday should have been the day. I had those familiar mild cramps and general menstrual feelings for a short time, so I'm thinking it was. So I put the hubby "to work." Cross those fingers.

--------------------

#301428 - 03/05/07 04:25 AM
Mary_V

Good luck!!!

--------------------
~Mary

Next round... new
      #301429 - 03/05/07 04:28 AM
Mary_V

Well, AF showed up this morning I figured it would happen, but I had that little bit of hope that I was pg. On to the next round I guess. I start 150 mg of clomid on Saturday. Can't wait to see how bad the side effects are at this dose I'm praying that this dose will do the trick...that I will ovulate and have a real chance of getting pregnant!! Now I have to wait until March 22 to find out...so far away!

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Next round... new
      #301459 - 03/05/07 12:50 PM
michele

Aw, so sorry sweetie!!!

--------------------

#301485 - 03/05/07 03:26 PM
hohoyumyum

I'm sorry.
I'm sending you all the baby vibes I can. Hang in there.

--------------------

#301506 - 03/05/07 07:30 PM
ChristineM

I'm sorry, Mary. I hope 150 mg will be your magic dose!

I'm 13 DPO. I really don't think I am PG, but I will be testing in the morning to confirm so I can stop my natural progesterone. I'll be sure to update with the insignificant news.

--------------------
Christine

Re: Next round...thanks new
      #301518 - 03/06/07 04:10 AM
Mary_V

Thank you, ladies, for your well wishes and encouragement. It was a bummer, but no sense dwelling on it. Time to move on to the next round and do what I can to make it happen this time. I'm still struggling to gain a few pounds. I've started drinking Ensure to get in some extra calories, fat, and vitamins. Hopefully that will help. I really think the 150 mg will work since I was so close with 100. And I feel like I'm getting healthier and recovering from surgery more every month. Right now I have to suffer through a bad AF. Clomid makes it much worse than usual. I normally hardly have pms at all (but maybe that's b/c I wasn't ovulating :P). So this seems pretty yucky. But the worst should be over in a couple days. I start clomid on Sat. Can't wait!:p Good luck to you all. Let us know what you find out, Christine!

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Boost new
      #301538 - 03/06/07 08:15 AM
michele

Try the chocolate boost with benefiber!! I liked the taste better than the ensure! When my gastritis was so bad a while back, it was all I can get down!

--------------------

#301544 - 03/06/07 09:11 AM
Mary_V

Thanks for the recommendation. I had some Carnation instant breakfast PLUS left from my stay in the hospital. That was soooo sweet...sickening, especially the vanilla. The Ensure isn't too bad, but it is still pretty sweet. I got the kind with extra fiber Maybe I'll try the boost next. I saw that Ensure comes in powder form...so you can mix it at home. Seems like that would be much cheaper. Do you know if Boost comes as a powder?

--------------------
~Mary

#301561 - 03/06/07 12:05 PM
michele

I am not sure about the powder. I happen to like the carnation breakfast mixes, I drink them a lot when I need to take my pills and don't have time for breakfast!

--------------------

#301563 - 03/06/07 12:23 PM
Mary_V

Maybe it's just the PLUS kind that's really sweet...they have to do something to it to give it 375 calories in about 8 oz...sugar!! The second ingredient is corn syrup solids. Doesn't sound very healthy. And this was the canned stuff, not a mix/powder. Maybe I'll have to see what kind of powders are available.

--------------------
~Mary

Here we go... new
      #301587 - 03/06/07 04:27 PM
ChristineM

I'M PREGNANT!

I must admit that I have spent most of the day in complete shock and disbelief, but two dollar store tests and a clearblue easy digital can't all be lying. I'm pregnant!!!

I have to say that I just did not feel much of anything the past two weeks. All along my instincts have been saying "no," but the tests prove me wrong!

Everyone, please think good thoughts for me for a healthy pregnancy! I'm just so excited!

Mary and Hohoyumyum, I'll still be checking in with you and hoping your journeys are nice and short!

--------------------
Christine

Re: Here we go... new
      #301596 - 03/06/07 05:26 PM
Angela E.

Yeah Christine!!! I haven't posted on this thread but have been reading about you guys trying and wishing good things for you!! Here is sending good positive thoughts your way and lots of sticky baby dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! n/t new
      #301609 - 03/06/07 05:43 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Yay! Congrats! -nt- new
      #301616 - 03/06/07 06:14 PM
chinagrl

woo hooo for you! new
      #301617 - 03/06/07 06:28 PM
Flipada

I'm so excited for you!! Congrats.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: Here we go... new
      #301637 - 03/07/07 04:16 AM
Mary_V

Congrats!! Good luck with the pregnancy.

Today is cd2 for me...starting over. Hopefully it will work this time.

--------------------
~Mary

Re: woo hooo for you! new
      #301689 - 03/07/07 10:10 AM
michele

Congrats!!!!

--------------------

Epidurals new
      #301857 - 03/08/07 07:10 PM
hohoyumyum

If you've had one, what do you think? What I've heard has been split down the middle. Half say "Get one!!" and the other say "No, it's terrible for weeks afterward." So I'm just curious of your opinions.

--------------------

Re: Epidurals new
      #301873 - 03/09/07 03:02 AM
Flipada

I've had two and I'll get another. The only problem I had was the first time it wore off on one side. So, they had to redo it later. But other than that...it was literally a life-saver!By the time I got mine, I could no longer speak due to the pain. I always have to laugh at the TV shows where the lady in labor is bitchy and yells at her husband. I was in too much pain for that.

Every woman feels pain differently though. So, if you get in there and you're hurting but it's bareable, go without. My pain was not bareable. I couldn't even push anymore. Do what's right for you at the time. But I wouldn't be afraid of it.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Round 3 starts tomorrow new
      #301878 - 03/09/07 04:45 AM
Mary_V

So, tomorrow is cd 5...which means the start of my next round of clomid. I'm nervous about side effects, but I'm also ready to get this show on the road. Let's get this round started already! Less than 2 weeks (March 22, cd17) until my u/s to find out if 150 mg works. I'm trying my hardest this week to eat more to see if I can gain a pound or two. So far no luck. I just have to keep forcing stuff down Never thought eating would be such a chore.

Hohoyumyum, are you close to testing day? Are you having any symptoms?

Christine, how is the pg going? Any symptoms yet?

Good luck, ladies.

--------------------
~Mary

#301887 - 03/09/07 06:35 AM
karyash

Reged: 04/11/05
Loc: Fargo, ND

I had my first 2 children naturally and for my 3rd one I had an epidural. I would definitely vote for an epidural, no doubt about it! It allowed me to relax and enjoy the experience instead of focusing on my pain.

Kristi

Re: Round 3 starts tomorrow...or should I say today new
      #301893 - 03/09/07 08:15 AM
Mary_V

I don't know what's going on with my body today. I have been feeling pretty good for the last week or so. Then today my digestion is slowing down, I feel nauseous, I have pain in my abdomen, I'm hot, I'm dizzy, and AF is stronger today than it was yesterday! What's going on?? I thought today would be one last good day before I start clomid. But I feel worse now than ever! It's probably just hormones changing...estrogen production increasing or something (this is kind of how I used to feel every new cycle of bc), but it sure does suck!!!! My last 4 hours of work are going to be LONG! And this definitely doesn't help me gain weight...when I can hardly eat b/c of nausea. Grrr!!

Sorry, just had to get that out. I'm sick of having so many up and down days. And I haven't even started my next round of clomid. I really hope I get pg this month...I don't know how much more of this I can handle

--------------------
~Mary

#301894 - 03/09/07 08:23 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ok me and my husband had heard all these storys about them and I was scared to get one finley the pain was to much to handle and I got one It was the best thing I ever did!!!It didn't hurt (to focus on the contractions lol) and it was wonderful i was a differant person after wards I would say in my opion GET IT!! I will again!! Hope this helps!
Emmasmom
Ibs-c

#301895 - 03/09/07 08:41 AM
chinagrl

m

#301936 - 03/09/07 07:51 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

I don't know how much more of this I can handle

We are, as human beings, much more resilient and much stronger than we think. I know that you will get through whatever you have to, and you will come out alright when all is said and done.

--------------------

#301951 - 03/10/07 07:24 AM
Angela E.

I think it's a personal choice. I have had one each time with both of my kids. The first time it was good because it really took the pain away. However I was so numb that I could not feel enough to push. I also suffered from tailbone pain for a year afterwards which they said was residual effect of the epidural. This time around I got one and only had it working on the right side. They didn't have enought time to fix it before she was born but I was able to feel when I needed to push. I am also again dealing with some tailbone pain. Everyone has different experiences with them. They do help take the edge off of the pain.

#301954 - 03/10/07 07:31 AM
Angela E.

Hang in there Mary! I am sending some baby dust your way!!!

#301961 - 03/10/07 10:21 AM
Mary_V

Thanks! I start the clomid tonight. I hope this round is it!

--------------------
~Mary

#301962 - 03/10/07 10:23 AM
Mary_V

Deep down I know I will be fine, but it's still tough. Even another month seems like an eternity. Hopefully the next couple weeks will fly by. Only 12 days until u/s!!

--------------------
~Mary

#301993 - 03/11/07 09:06 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Hoho,

I vote a resounding "yes" for epidurals. I've done it both ways. My first birth was a natural Bradley Method birth with a midwife. It was very incredibly painful and scary. I was completely traumatized by this birth and never wanted to have another baby. I also felt like I had trouble bonding at first because I was so freaked out by the experience. It was brutal.

After five years I decided I might try it again, but under very different circumstances. When I got pregnant the second time I chose an OB that I trusted and talked about pain relief from the very first visit. I got the epidural as soon as it was possible to do so in the second labor. It provided complete numbness and I was able to feel like I was present at the birth of my daughter. I actually enjoyed the experience. We were all laughing and joking while I was pushing her out! It did not slow my labor or pushing either. The whole process from beginning to end was only about three hours (of course second labors are usually shorter) Epidurals may not always work that well, but for me it did. I did experience back pain for about 6 weeks or so after the birth, but I found this very manageable. I am glad that my second birth is such a good memory for me and I feel like the epi made that possible.

p.s. I did not notice any difference in my children as newborns. My daughter was just as alert as my son had been. In fact she nursed better right from the start even after an epidural.

Laura

#302034 - 03/11/07 08:29 PM
ChristineM

Hi, Mary! Good luck with round three!

At this point I am so early in the pregnancy, so I wouldn't be feeling a thing if I didn't know I was pregnant. I will be 5 weeks along on Tuesday. The only potential "sympoms" I've noticed are increased desire for RED MEAT, a new longing for COLD water, perma-bloat, and kind of IBS-A symptoms (as opposed to my usual IBS-D). Oh, my boobs are starting to get more sensitive, too.

My understanding is that the real symptoms won't kick in for another week or so.

--------------------
Christine

#302042 - 03/12/07 04:30 AM
Mary_V

Sounds like things will be kicking in soon for you, Christine I've heard that around week 6 is when you usually start to feel stuff/get morning sickness. As much as I'm dreading that (all of the women in my family have all day sickness for a long time), I'm also looking forward to it. I just want to be pg and experience it all!

Today is cd7. I've taken 2 doses of pills so far. 3 to go. I can already tell they are having an effect. Lots of little symptoms. Hopefully that means this dose is working! I'm just waiting for the hot flashes to start. Only a week and a half until my u/s to find out if I have any good follicles/if I've ovulated. I hope the time flies by.

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Christine new
      #302050 - 03/12/07 07:38 AM
michele

I had the red meat craving as well and found that I could eat it without any problems. I also craved peanut butter, would eat it by the spoonfuls right out of the jar and milk!

My boobs got so sensitive that I had to start sleeping with tank tops on, just the blankets rubbing on them would make them hurt!!

--------------------

#302051 - 03/12/07 07:42 AM
michele

I haven't gotten far enough to actually have had one but I decided that I would! I think its a personal choice but like lj said, I would rather be able to enjoy the experience than to be in so much pain.

--------------------

Stupid periods new
      #302067 - 03/12/07 10:16 AM
hohoyumyum

My cycles are way out of whack. I woke up this morning to terrible cramping and AF at about 3:15am. Then I was so achy I lost about an hour and a half of sleep. And then when I finally was able to drag myself out of bed to go to work, the period-IBS kicked in. Oi! So now I've spent about an hour of this morning on the can and I can tell I still have more to do in there before the day is out and that's with a dose and a half of Imodium already. And I'm so stinkin' tired my eyeballs feel like they are on fire. My boss is a sweet lady though, and I told her before I went off BC that this might occasionally happen so she is being very accommodating. I do have to be in very early tomorrow (there son is having surgery and I need to be there with their daughter so they can leave on time) so hopefully I can get this in check by then. Otherwise, I'm gonna be wearing those giant adult diapers when I leave tomorrow. LOL.

But on the upside, I get to go down to San Diego at the end of the month and I found a new cheese mix to make Mac 'n' Cheese with. So that's good. The weather is nice, I have a great husband, and a really comfortable bed to climb back in to in a bit.

I've tried about five different BCs and none of them have ever done this to me when I went off of them. How annoying.

Ah, well...when all is said and done it will be worth it.

So, there's my vent. I'll feel better tomorrow.

--------------------

Re: Stupid periods new
      #302071 - 03/12/07 10:44 AM
Mary_V

Sorry you're feeling so crummy...and that AF showed up. I'm on the tail end...and hoping to be done with her for a while! I've taken 2 doses of clomid so far. And today I can't focus on ANYTHING. My mind is going a mile a minute in all different directions. My work is the last thing I feel like doing/thinking about. At least I only have an hour left.

You have a very good attitude. I too am trying to focus on the positive things/blessings in my life. I'm trying to enjoy my time with DH...we all know that changes when you have kids. So I'm making the most of still being just a couple.

It is supposed to be in the 50's here today...a heat wave in MI Hopefully there is some sun with it (don't know during work b/c there are no windows anywhere close to me).

3 more clomid doses to go. Then time to BD!! Maybe this will be our month Hopefully AF doesn't stay long. Have fun in San Diego.

--------------------
~Mary

Thanks new
      #302085 - 03/12/07 12:42 PM
hohoyumyum

I'm starting to feel a bit better. I think the Imodium kicked in and my stomach is starting to settle down. Just typical period stuff.

It's in the upper 70's here today and lots of sunshine. I don't know if most women experience this but I run a lot warmer when I'm on my period so 70's feels more like 80's to me. Ugh.

Positive energy is so important. Whatever is getting me down, I remind myself of what's good. And it always makes me feel a bit better.

--------------------

Re: Thanks new
      #302303 - 03/15/07 05:04 AM
Mary_V

How are things going? Survived the worst of AF? I took my last dose of clomid yesterday. Yesterday evening I actually had some hot flashes!!! I'm excited. That never happened on 50 mg or 100 mg. I'm hoping that means it's working. Only 1 week until my u/s (March 22, cd17) to find out if I have ovulated or am going to ovulate. Are you doing any kind of O tests? Or are you just seeing what happens? Good luck this month! Hoping for some Christmas babies!

--------------------
~Mary

#302334 - 03/15/07 02:52 PM
hohoyumyum

Post deleted by hohoyumyum

--------------------

#302338 - 03/15/07 03:24 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Wow. I really admire you for making that decision! Adoption is a wonderful thing; I have several friends who have gone that route, including one couple that adopted three "older" children from Ethiopia. You are so lucky to have such a supportive and caring husband, too!!

A LOT of what prompted me to start EFI last summer was the thought of getting pregnant in the near future. DH and I definitely want kids, and we're closing in on 30, which is the age at which we decided we'd start trying. I really want to enjoy pregnancy and so being miserable with IBS during that time (or taking a bunch of drugs to combat the pain) is just not an option for me! I'm so very sorry you're having such a rough time; I know that the process you're going through (trying to get pregnant) is supposed to be a happy, exciting one. It's not fair!! But your DH is right - it's also not fair for you to suffer day after day the way you are now.

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Best of luck to both of you.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#302339 - 03/15/07 03:30 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

including one couple that adopted three "older" children from Ethiopia.

We'd like, later on, when the time is right, to adopt a couple of teens. There are so many that end up aging out of the system. And even though we know that they will have to work themselves through things like college, we will be able to give them a safe and loving home to live in.

We've always wanted to adopt. Even if we have our own we'll still adopt. There are so many babies (and to me, that's any child regardless of age) without homes.

--------------------

#302368 - 03/16/07 05:45 AM
Mary_V

Wow, that's a big decision. But it sounds like it's the right one for you. Sorry to hear about the IBS. That sucks. Stupid hormones!!! Are you going to start bc again already this week? Hopefully it won't take long to get stable again...especially since you know what works well for your body.

Good luck with the CHT. Sounds like it's something you're excited about.

I have less than a week now until my u/s. I am starting to feel stuff...the follicles swelling. This is the worst time for me b/c it makes me have to pee more and makes me a little more C. The follicles just crowd everything else :P But it's all worth it if it works.

Good luck with everything. I'll post an update after my next u/s (March 22).

--------------------
~Mary

CHT & BC new
      #302415 - 03/16/07 03:37 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

Good luck with the CHT. Sounds like it's something you're excited about.

Thanks. I am excited about it. It's something I've wanted to do for while now. I would love to be able to offer free hypno to people suffering from IBS. It's just so darn expensive to go a CHT.

I started BC again two days ago and already I feel like a normal human being again. Poor hubby felt terrible that I was so miserable. But, like I said, we've always wanted to adopt anyway. And maybe down the road, when I have time to sit around and pooh all day and have debilitating cramps from it, I can go back off of BC.

I was crying on the phone to my mom yesterday and she just says I have to take care of myself and that she understands. And then she got upset because I have IBS and she can't figure out how I got it. It was pretty sweet, really. Moms are good for that kind of stuff.

--------------------

Couldn't do it. new
      #302654 - 03/20/07 03:46 PM
hohoyumyum

Hubby and I went over and over this. Makes best sense - financially, physically, time line wise - to go back on the pill and not have to deal with these insane symptoms. So I went back on the pill and two days later, after crying every time I saw a baby or a pregnant woman or heard a kid laugh (hard to avoid as a nanny) I stopped taking them again.

I'm such a big, fat emotional mess. But I'll deal with it. I'm not really used to being the person who needs support. I'm much more used to being the person who is giving support. So, please bare with me on this one subject. I'm sure that I'll be a complete grump for a while so I apologize in advance.

But I'm getting pregnant, dang it!

Oh, please let it be soon. Stupid IBS.

--------------------

Re: Couldn't do it. new
      #302656 - 03/20/07 04:01 PM
ChristineM

Hey there.

If anything, I was surprised at how easily you gave up on the idea, so I completely understand your change of heart. Just use imodium or whatever to get you through. The hormones will level out eventually.

As for me, I'm having some light brown spotting, so I have a call in to my doctor's office. Supposedly brown is no big deal, but my fear is that it'll turn red. Think good thoughts for me! I'm six weeks along today.

--------------------
Christine

Follow up to this new
      #302657 - 03/20/07 04:07 PM
hohoyumyum

We still plan on adopting as well.

--------------------

#302658 - 03/20/07 04:09 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

I'm having some light brown spotting, so I have a call in to my doctor's office. Supposedly brown is no big deal

I've heard the same, shouldn't be anything to worry about.

--------------------

ovulation tests new
      #302667 - 03/20/07 04:58 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi- I just ordered some of these online. Has anyone used before? They are supposed to tell you when you are ovulating. They were about 20 test and 5 preg tests for 21.00 I thought I'd give it a try. I'm 33, been trying about 8 mos but was on the pill before about 10 years. Also we are not exactly keeping track of dates and we could be trying a little harder at certain times of the month. I'm just hoping the age thing doesn't slow us down.
OK just wondering if these little tests have worked for anyone. Thanks,
Debby

Re: ovulation tests new
      #302669 - 03/20/07 05:14 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

They were about 20 test and 5 preg tests for 21.00

Where'd you find these ones at?

--------------------

#302684 - 03/20/07 06:45 PM
chinagrl

I don't know about the kind you bought, but I bought some at the drug store. We were keeping track of my cycles, but they were irregular. So the fourth month I took the test about every other day around the time I should have been ovulating (I know, it was only four months, but I was impatient). My poor husband was sick when the stick came up saying I was ovulating, but I told him to take one for the team, and lo and behold I was pregnant the end of the month. So they worked for me.

#302686 - 03/20/07 07:03 PM
ChristineM

Hi,

We didn't use the sticks, but I had been charting my cycles for over a year, so I knew when ovulation time was. We got pregnant the second month.

If you don't really know your cycles, the sticks can really help. Just be aware that some people never get a full positive even though they ovulate.

--------------------
Christine

#302688 - 03/20/07 07:05 PM
hohoyumyum

It's also possible to not even ovulate, while still menstruating.

--------------------

#302689 - 03/20/07 07:06 PM
ChristineM

True, but if your cycles are regular and 24-35 days, you're most likely ovulating.

--------------------
Christine

Agreed n/t new
      #302693 - 03/20/07 07:15 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

#302705 - 03/21/07 04:19 AM
Mary_V

Glad to have you back I hope you can manage the IBS and that you get pg quickly. I don't blame you for wanting to give it another shot. 2 months isn't very long. Hopefully your body will adjust quickly to the changing hormones. I completely understand about being an emotional mess. Wanting a child is very emotional. I have a double wammy with fertility drugs. They really mess you up. But you have a supportive DH. You'll get through it.

I'm going crazy right now waiting. Tomorrow is my u/s to find out if I have some good follicles. I've been having quite a bit of pain, so I'm praying it means the drugs are working. I just need to get through one more day of work. That'll be tough. I can't focus on anything right now. My mind just wanders...thinking about what could be. Anyway, good luck to you. I'll post after my u/s.

What cd are you on? Do you think the bc made any difference this month...or are you still on your regular cycle schedule?

--------------------
~Mary

Good luck, Mary! new
      #302714 - 03/21/07 08:18 AM
ChristineM

I know what you mean about not being able to focus on other things. I find myself unable to grade papers, becaue all I think about is the fact that I'm pregnant!

--------------------
Christine

My cycles are way out of whack. new
      #302779 - 03/21/07 06:28 PM
hohoyumyum

I had three periods in two months and more GI issues than I've collectively had in the last year and a half. The last couple of days I've actually felt fairly stable but I am back to eating the most basic safe foods and taking a multivitamin, as usual, to make up the difference. I'm still not getting what I need in my diet though. I've noticed that I am starting to bruise easily again. Something else that hasn't been an issue for a year and a half. We've started using ovulation tests. Since my schedule is so off I'm not taking the chance of missing the right time. And I am going to start a probiotic this Friday. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks for the support. I've a feeling I'm going to need an awful lot of it in the near future.

Quote:

Tomorrow is my u/s to find out if I have some good follicles.

Good luck tomorrow. I'm thinking good baby thoughts for you.

--------------------

Another RE update...better than last time... new
      #302798 - 03/22/07 07:20 AM
Mary_V

So, I had my u/s this morning. I have two good follicles on my right side. Both about 17 mm right now. And my lining looks really good. The Dr. said that can be a problem for a lot of women on high doses of clomid. So, that's encouraging. I also had blood drawn. I'll get the results on Sat. I'm assuming he's testing hormone levels. I have to go back on Sat. for more testing. He'll check the follicles, my cm, and see if there is sperm swimming around. If things look REALLY good he'll let nature take it's course. Otherwise he'll probably get a sample from DH and do IUI on Monday. So either way it sounds like we have a real chance this month. I'm so excited! I hope the follies keep growing and produce good eggs. I knew there had to be something in there with the way I've been feeling. My digestion is slowing way down, which is tough. I'm having a hard timing eating as much as I should. But a good visit today gives me motivation. I'm trying to ignore the pain/bloating/etc. as much as possible and just tell myself it's all worth it.

Michele, did you ever do IUI? Do you know anything about it?

Keep me in your prayers. I need them right now.

--------------------
~Mary

Not Michelle... new
      #302805 - 03/22/07 08:28 AM
stillnotpoochi

Reged: 08/23/06

my name is Rachel and I am rarely on the boards anymore...two teenagers, a job, a small business and a husband keep me busy!

My husband and I almost did IUI years ago. Putting it in laymans terms it is the "turkey baster" procedure where the Dr. will take hubby's sperm, put it in a syringe or something and then send them in the directions of the eggs. You lay there for a predetermined time and pray that there is a "connection" between a sperm and egg. Then the waiting begins.

We were at the point you are when we learned that there were more obstacles. We opted to "see what happened" and have ended up adopting two children and planning to adopt more. I love being an adoptive mom...it works for me. We went through much before going that route and both of us were at peace and think that adoption is the next best thing to sliced bread!

My prayer for you is that God will bless you with a pregnancy. I don't feel like I have missed much other than feeling a baby kick within me but I consider it a small price to pay for having my precious little ones. However, I was not of that mindset when we first began trying!

Wishing you much, Rachel

Re: Not Michelle... new
      #302806 - 03/22/07 08:57 AM
Mary_V

Thanks for your encouraging words. DH and I would definitely consider adopting if we couldn't have children on our own. But we have a ways to go before we go that route. I'm praying that IUI is as far as we have to go. I REALLY want to have children. I would go as far as IVF if need be. In all of this I know God is in control...we'll see what He has in store.

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Another RE update...better than last time... new
      #302807 - 03/22/07 09:21 AM
ChristineM

Mary,

It sounds like you had a great appointment today! I'm very excited for you! I'm hoping this is it for you!

Hohoyumyum, the ovulation sticks are a good way to go, because they can save you a lot of "Do we HAVE to do it" kind of stress. Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Re: YAY for Mary and opk's! new
      #302844 - 03/22/07 01:20 PM
michele

Mary, that's just wonderful!!!! I never did do an iui but as Rachel said, its just basically taking hubbys sperm and having the doctor insert them so they don't have to swim as far!! It will help if his swimmers have issues or you have cm problems, that sort of thing.

Two, 17mm follicles are great though and yes, I would assume they are checking your estrogen level, for two good follicles, you would hope it to be in the 600 or higher range.

I used to use the opk's all the time. They worked well for me but some woman do complain that they don't get good readings with them or that they had a hard time telling when it was positive so don't get frustrated and I suggest just using them as an added tool, not the only tool in predicting ovulation!

--------------------

#302845 - 03/22/07 01:22 PM
michele

I disagree, I have known many woman through my fertility chat boards and such that had regular periods and never ovulated.

--------------------

#302846 - 03/22/07 01:24 PM
michele

This is where I ordered all my baby making stuff from
http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/index.html

--------------------

Oh! I've never heard that! -nt- new
      #302855 - 03/22/07 02:24 PM
ChristineM

--------------------
Christine

Re: YAY for Mary and opk's! new
      #302868 - 03/22/07 03:45 PM
Mary_V

Thanks. I did a little searching on IUI. Looks pretty simple. Kind of like a pap. Not that I'm a fan of speculums :P but at least it's nothing major...and it's quick. I know DH is not excited about the thought of having to give a sample. But I don't expect to hear too much complaining...that's ALL he has to do for this whole process. No fair. I have to go through all the treatments...on top of my ongoing recovery from surgery.

I am excited about having two good follicles. I've been feeling a lot on my right side for the past week or so. So I was expecting there to be something. I still feel stuff. Must be growing Too bad it feels like everything is very crowded down there. Not sure if that's actually the case, but that's what it feels like. It probably has more to do with the rising estrogen. It's making my digestion slow down...which in turns causes extra bloating/cramps. Grrrr. But it's worth it. I'm anxious for Saturday now. I want to know what's next!

It'll be a tough weekend. Sat. morning I have to get the u/s and a post-coital test (more fun with a speculum ). Then my in laws are coming to our house (from out of town) in the afternoon. They'll be having dinner with us and spending the night at our house. Sunday they'll go to church with us. In the afternoon we have to go to Lansing for our SIL's recital (singing - MSU grad school). The recital is in the afternoon...right when I usually spend some time on the treadmill and in the bathroom :P So my day will be all messed up (as if my system isn't having enough problems). Hopefully we'll be home by dinner time. And hopefully I feel ok. The hardest part is that NOBODY KNOWS we're ttc or going through fertility treatments. So, all of the discomfort, mood swings, hot flashes, etc. that I'm going through I have to hide or come up with another excuse for. Not fun. And if we have to do IUI on Monday I'll be thinking about that all weekend...but won't be able to say anything, and I'll probably have a hard time focusing on other stuff. Basically not the best timing. At least the in laws won't be here when we have to bd That would be really bad. For now I try to blame everything on my recovery from surgery...which is partly true, but not completely. I'll just be glad when this is over.

Thanks again for all of your good advice and knowledge, Michele. I hope you get some answers to your problems soon. Sounds like your new Dr. has a lot of stuff to try. Hopefully it works!

--------------------
~Mary

I hadn't heard that either, but I'm not all that surprised. new
      #302877 - 03/22/07 05:00 PM
hohoyumyum

Sometimes it just goes that way.

--------------------

Thanks Michele. n/t new
      #302878 - 03/22/07 05:04 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

where to find ovulation tests... new
      #302885 - 03/22/07 07:13 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi - I found them at mymonthlycycles.com (I think that's it). It's a website that tries to sell you everything under the sun to help get you pregnant and there were a ton of pop up adds. But they had some neat calander stuff to help you keep track of periods, ovulation dates etc. You could sign up for that free.

Re: Another RE update...some good, some bad, outcome tbd new
      #303082 - 03/25/07 10:04 AM
Mary_V

Ok, so here's the latest. I had an u/s and a postcoital test yesterday morning. The u/s showed a dominant follicle at 23mm!!! Super exciting. The pct showed that my cm is great! However, when the doc looked at it under the microscope...he didn't see any sperm!?! Not good. There could be a problem with DH too I sure hope not. I've read that the pct is not always accurate...and results can depend on timing. Most things I read said to bd 2-8 hours b/f the test. The RE didn't tell me any specific time...so we fit it in when we could...about 15 1/2 hours b/f the test. And DH wasn't feeling very good on Friday. So I'm hoping it was just bad timing and an off night. I had to do an hCG injection last night to be sure I ovulate. Sure is strange to have DH give me a shot in the butt :P It's sore today. Tomorrow morning DH will give a sample around 8. I have to call around 9:30. If they got a good sample, then I'll come in for IUI at 10. If not then I don't know what's next. The Dr. said we'll have to talk about options. Anyone know what kind of treatments/options there are for male infertility? Anyway, I'm trying to think positively...that things will happen tomorrow and that I will get pg. It's exciting to think I could find out I'm pg in a couple weeks. I'm holding on to that hope. I am very excited that my body seems to be functioning great...finally. My weight is up slightly, I'm eating well, getting lots of vitamins...and I have good follicles, good lining, and good cm. Now we just need DH's swimmers to cooperate So that's the scoop. Keep me in your prayers that things will go well tomorrow. I hope I get to go through with the IUI...and have a real shot at getting pg!!! I will update when I know more.

--------------------
~Mary

#303086 - 03/25/07 11:08 AM
ChristineM

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Mary!

Try not to read too much into the absent sperm just yet. Let's wait and see what else the doc has to say.

Good luck! I hope this is it for you!

--------------------
Christine

#303151 - 03/26/07 10:53 AM
Mary_V

Well, here's the latest update. DH dropped off his sample this morning. I called around 9:30, and they told me to come in for IUI. I was pretty excited. However, my appt. didn't go the way I had hoped. When I got there the Dr. said the initial results from DH's analysis weren't very good. He's waiting for the full report b/f he makes any judegments, though. Then he did an u/s. My dominant follicle was only 24 mm today...only 1 mm up from Sat. So he thinks I'm still not responding to the clomid very well. He doesn't even know if I'll O...even with the hCG trigger! So that was disappointing too. He went ahead with the IUI. I might O, and DH's sperm might be sufficient. So there is small chance. But the RE didn't sound very optimistic DH and I go back for a consult on April 5 to discuss what's next. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing FSH injections since I haven't done well with clomid. That should (hopefully) take care of things on my part. Then the results from DH's test will determine the rest. If his stuff is decent, maybe we'll do IUI after a round of injections. If not, I think the Dr. will recommend going straight to IVF. I was really hoping not to have to go that far. But it may be our only option. So for now I just wait some more. Definitely not what I was hoping for today. But I guess there is still a chance. And I'm feeling some weird stuff on my right side right now. I'm praying that it's ovulation. If I don't do that then we have no chance. So, that's where we stand. I'll update if I find out anything else.

--------------------
~Mary

#303154 - 03/26/07 11:01 AM
michele

Did they check your estrogen level?? 23 is a great follicle but, as you said, it only growing 1mm in a couple of days and it still showing in place after your hcg injection isn't the greatest of news. However, remember my story, they told me I couldn't get pregnant the cycle that I did so do not give up hope.

If I remember correctly, didn't you mention that your bil has sperm issues? That could make your hubby more prone to problems. Iui helps mostly when its a cm issues. You are right in thinking they may go right to IVF.

I did many months of the injections, they really aren't too bad. Less painful than the hcg injection. However, the drugs are mighty expensive. Have you checked into your insurance coverage?

I will be hoping that you get lucky this month but if not, try not to let it get you too down. I know how hard it is, believe me but it sounds like they are working through your problems pretty quickly and I am sure you will have a baby before too long! Love and hugs

--------------------

#303167 - 03/26/07 11:35 AM
ChristineM

I'm sorry the news wasn't better.

I hope that it'll happen for you this month despite the bad news. If not, well... At least you're getting to the bottom of it. The sooner you find out what's going on, the sooner you'll have a babe in your arms, right?

(((((Hugs))))) in the meantime. We're all here to listen.

--------------------
Christine

#303235 - 03/27/07 04:32 AM
Mary_V

Thanks, Michele. It's encouraging to hear that things can work even when the doctor is uncertain. No they did not check any hormone levels. Last week they did blood work, but it was just to check thyroid...which is now at a normal level b/c of the meds. Yesterday around 2:30 I felt some really sharp pain. I really have no way of knowing, but I think it was ovulation. I don't know what else it could have been. It lasted about an hour. Then everything was done, and I haven't had any more pain. So, I'm hopeful that at least my body is working this month. Things have just felt right this time. I know that doesn't really mean anything, but there is something in me this montht that's saying don't give up hope yet. Other months I haven't felt that way...I just knew things weren't working before. Now, just b/c I feel good doesn't mean DH's swimmers are good. Nothing I can do about that. We don't have any family members that I know of with male fertility problems. The only sibling on either side that has kids is my sister. So, of the 4 brothers (2 of mine, 2 of DH's), none have tried for kids yet. We're the first ones. We're waiting on the final analysis of DH. The Dr. didn't know if it would be kind of bad or really bad. Whichever it is will help make the decision about what to try next. But the Dr. did say the quantity was good, but motility and shape didn't look that great. I'll have to do some research on what the options are for that kind of stuff. I know a lot about female infertility now, but nothing about males. DH is pretty bummed about the whole thing. I know it's an ego thing for a guy. But I try to reassure him I don't think any less of him...how could I when my own body isn't working? At least it makes it feel like we're realy in this together. It's not all on one of us.

I have not looked at insurance much. But I don't think they cover much, if anything. I was hoping finances wouldn't play a role in this. We'll see. We are pretty set financially at the moment. So I would only worry about it if we had to do treatments long term. And I'm pretty sure DH's parents would help out if it came to that.

Do you know if you have to wait a certain number of days b/f testing b/c of the hCG injection? I've read that it can stay in your system and cause a false positive. I'm thinking about testing the morning of April 5...the day we go to the Dr...and DH's birthday! It will be cd31, 12 dp hcg, 10 dp iui. I know it could have skewed results one way or the other, but I'm still going to test...unless AF shows by then already.

For now I just wait. The part I hate.

Thanks all for listening. It's always comforting to get some encouraging words.

--------------------
~Mary

The RE just keeps giving us "great" news new
      #303409 - 03/28/07 04:03 PM
Mary_V

So, I've been pretty positive the last few days. I think I ovulated. And you never know, DH could have some good swimmers. But then when I got home from work today there was a message on the answering machine from the RE...there are major sperm problems. We have to go in for a full consult on what treatment plan we are going to pursue next. How disappointing. I know there is still a small chance things will happen this month...but it's so small. And DH is so upset. He feels so discouraged...as would any guy that was told his sperm is not good. I'm trying to do my best to encourage him even though inside I'm a wreck. It just isn't fair! Both of us have to have major fertility problems??? I'm so sick of my up and down emotions. One minute I feel like things are going to happen, the next I feel like it will never happen. And it doesn't help that all of these drugs and procedures are making me feel awful. Ever since IUI my C has been worse. Today I have major cramps...feels like PMS, but I'm nowhere close to that. And they're worse than I usually have. Is that normal? I'm bloated. My skin looks like I'm 17 years old...major breakout on my face and down my neck and back. I just want to scream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we have to wait a week to see the Dr. to find out what our options are. I'm just praying that IVF is still a viable option. I so desperately want to have kids of my own. I guess for now all I can do is wait and pray. Thanks for listening.

Hohoyumyum, how are you doing?

--------------------
~Mary

Re: The RE just keeps giving us "great" news new
      #303451 - 03/28/07 09:38 PM
hohoyumyum

I'm sorry things are so discouraging for you.

I'm alright for now. This cycle is about to end and I haven't ovulated, so yea for me . Oh well, I'm just trying to focus on other things.

--------------------

#303524 - 03/29/07 01:09 PM
michele

The emotions, the ups and downs, the acne, all side effects of the clomid. I see no reason why IVF would not be an option for you. Hang in there sweetie. I have done too much typing today and my hands are done.....love and hugs

--------------------

#303540 - 03/29/07 02:29 PM
ChristineM

Hi, Mary:

Obviously that's not good news, but like Michele said, it seems like at the very least IVF will still be a good option for you guys. (((Hugs)))

--------------------
Christine

Re: The RE just keeps giving us "great" news...feeling a little better now new
      #303603 - 03/30/07 07:47 AM
Mary_V

Thanks everyone. I had a major meltdown Wed. evening. I cried for about an hour and a half straight. Poor DH had to sit and listen and try to make me feel better. But I feel better now that I got everything out. I'm trying to focus on other aspects of my life and not have any expectations about next week. I see the RE on Thurs. to talk about options. I'm assuming he'll say injections and IVF...which I would be fine with. But we'll see. Like I said, I'm trying not to jump to conclusions or anticipate what's coming. Just let it happen.

One of my major issues emotionally right now is the desire to be a mother. And these fertility issues are making that difficult. When I talked to DH about it he was so sweet, and what he said really helped. He said, "don't worry, you WILL be a mother." Whether it be biological children, adopted, whatever, we will have kids. That was such a reassuring thing to hear. Even though I would love to have children of my own, I am not in control of that. But I WILL have children! That makes all of this much easier to handle. Neither of us is opposed to adoption, if we can't have kids of our own...or maybe even if we can.

Now I just have to wait 6 days to find out what's next. Michele, do you think that will be too early for the Dr. to do a pg test? I'm feeling lots of different symptoms right now, but I'm assuming they are just from the drugs and rising/changing hormones that my body isn't used to. I've been quite tired...was pretty much asleep for about 20 min. at my desk today...nothing I could do to stop it. Like I said before, I have much worse acne than usual. I've been peeing more frequently/urgently. My boobs feel fuller and a little sensitive (something I've never had). My C has been worse all week. The last few days I had cramps. Now it's just weird twinges periodically on my right side (side I O'd on). And my emotions are way out of whack. Like I said, it's probably just the drugs, but I'm holding on to that tiny bit of hope that I could be pg despite what the Dr. says/the low odds.

One other thing that I'm excited about right now...I don't have to take any drugs this week! No progesterone. No clomid. It's nice. And it's exciting that I probably won't have to take clomid anymore. That stuff is manageable, but not preferable.

I'll let you know what I find out next week.

--------------------
~Mary

Latest update new
      #304043 - 04/05/07 06:45 AM
Mary_V

So, I'm in the home stretch now. I see the RE today at 3:30. I'm anxious to hear what he has to say and to see if he does any more tests.

Until then, this is what I know/what's going on. I have had almost every possible pg symptom I can think of. But they could all be from the drugs. The last few days the symptoms have changed. I'm having major hot flashes throughout the day, my mouth feels like cotton even though I drink a ton and pee a ton. Starting yesterday afternoon I've had this unexplained horrible pain in my left hip when I walk. No idea if it's related. But I don't know what could have caused it. I was sitting at my desk at work (being very inactive as I always am at work), then I got up to go to the bathroom and could hardly walk. Very strange. I have also been much more hungry than usual...which is a rare thing for me these days. Then this morning I got up and took a hpt...it was negative, as I expected. But at least I know the hCG injection is out of my system. Before I even got the results of that, though, I looked down and saw blood. I've had spotting this morning...very light and mostly brownish. I'm wondering if it might be implantation bleeding. Or it could be early signs of AF. Only time will tell. It does give me a little hope, though. AF is NEVER early for me. But then again I'm on fertility drugs. So who knows. I'll be sure to tell the RE about it. See what he says.

For now I just wait and sit in suspense every time I go to the bathroom I'll let you know how things go this afternoon.

By the way, I'm 10dpo today (cd31).

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Latest update new
      #304062 - 04/05/07 08:37 AM
michele

Those do some like promising signs however the spotting is not. The majority of woman never notice any implantation bleeding and I believe that 10 dpo is a bit late for that. I don't want to be discouraging but I don't want you to be more upset if you are not pg. I think its all a good sign though that your body is starting to function as it should! Anymore news on hubby's swimmers?

--------------------

#304071 - 04/05/07 09:11 AM
Mary_V

I know the spotting isn't great...and it's starting to look like AF Seems kind of early. But, hey, it's a step in the right direction, right? It means that I ovulated this month! Haven't done that in at least a year. Although I'm kind of dreading the full force of AF this month since I was on clomid and I know I had a good lining. Should be a fun weekend :P

We find out about DH's results this afternoon at our RE appt. Poor guy, today is his birthday. I'm sure this is the last thing he wanted to do today. I'm just anxious to get started with whatever is next. And since it looks like AF is here, hopefully it will be soon. What cycle day do you usually start injections?

--------------------
~Mary

#304073 - 04/05/07 09:19 AM
michele

Sorry to hear about af! Honestly, mine weren't really that much worse with the fertility drugs, some more cramping but not as awful as I had expected. The heating pad really helps and if you can take alieve or motrin...

Lets see, I think I started the injections either cd 3 or 5, its been a couple of years! They really don't hurt much but they can make ovulating very painful and I was very moody (read bitchy!) while on them!

Poor hubby! Well, you will have to do something special for him today! Let us know what you find out! Maybe start a new thread as well, this one is getting long! Good luck!

--------------------

#304078 - 04/05/07 09:33 AM
Mary_V

Good idea. Will do. I'll probably post this evening.

Scary to think I could be starting injections in a few days!

--------------------
~Mary

#304132 - 04/05/07 04:38 PM
ChristineM

I'm sorry about AF, Mary. Like Michele said, though, at least those drugs are doing something!

Keep us posted!

--------------------
Christine

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 149 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 85166

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review