All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: Hormones!!!!!!!!!! new
      #300810 - 02/26/07 04:21 PM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Yes, I feel like crying all the time. It's tough to stay composed at work. I'm so thankful that I sit in a cube and don't have to socialize with others much. Today my eyes were so red. If someone had stopped by they would have wondered what was going on. I feel sorry for DH. He has to hear about it all the time. He's really good about it, but I still don't like to complain to him too much. No sense in both of us being depressed

None of my doctors have ever said anything about my weight. But I think it might be a factor. In high school I think I was somewhat anorexic...never extreme, but probably wasn't as healthy as I should have been. I lost about 20lbs. from IBS/surgery too. According to my bmi I'm right on the borderline for underweight (18.6). And a lot of stuff I read says under 20 is low weight for getting pregnant. So, my attempt to gain weight is something I have decided. I guess I don't look underweight. Maybe that's why they never say anything. I'm quite petite (5' 3", 105 lb.), but still have a figure...a few curves. Last year when I went for my physical the nurse said my bmi was off the chart (too low to be shown)...seems to me like that should have been a red flag. But she didn't bat an eye. Anyway, no doctor has said so, but I think it plays a part to a certain degree.

Yes, I've heard good things about Spain too. I'm very excited! I did not do the quick passport. Hopefully it will come in time. It shouldn't take more than 3 months I would think. Have fun on your trip. You leave on my bday You'll have to post pics when you get back...make us all jealous

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#300857 - 02/27/07 10:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I remember those hormonal days of crying very well. Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end! Since you are trying to gain weight anyways, go buy yourself a nice, big bag of chocolates!!!! Not the healthiest way to gain weight but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#300861 - 02/27/07 10:54 AM
Mary_V

My weapon of choice is ice cream Since I don't worry about IBS anymore I can eat it and not get sick. I probably eat ice cream or frozen yogurt at least 2 or 3 times a week. So far it hasn't done anything. Maybe I just need to eat more of it Although I do already make pretty large ice cream cones for myself...bigger than my husband eats!

Today I'm doing a lot better than yesterday. I'm really sick of these ups and downs. But I guess it's better than all downs :P

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#300895 - 02/27/07 04:37 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

But I guess it's better than all downs :P

Ain't that the truth? The downs help us appreciate the ups.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

BC and flare-ups new
      #300903 - 02/27/07 05:00 PM
hohoyumyum

I think that going off of BC has caused my IBS to go haywire. Holy Moly! I've gotten so used to not having any issues that this kind of caught me by surprise. I'm going to run through all of my usual tricks to get it back in line, but yowzers!, well...you guys all know how it is.

I told the hubby he better get me pregnant quick (and he's feeling equal to the task)! LOL. I'm hopeful I'll be one of the lucky ladies whose symptoms ease up when they're pregnant.

--------------------

Re: BC and flare-ups new
      #301062 - 03/01/07 04:55 AM
Mary_V

Sorry to hear about the bc problems. I totally understand what it's like to have fluctating hormones...with my progesterone and estrogen pills. I'm on an emotional roller coaster. Today is day 7 out of 10 for my progesterone pills. I think I have adjusted to them now. We'll see how I'm doing when (if) AF shows up on Mon! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't...that I'll be pg. But I seriously doubt it.

Just some words of encouragement, Jules just had her baby on Friday...and her IBS is completely gone! Maybe you'll be lucky like that too.

Maybe this will be the month for both of us...I know both DHs would be very happy about it Good luck!

--------------------
~Mary

Feeling better new
      #301197 - 03/01/07 06:09 PM
hohoyumyum

I've got everything back under control except the gas. It was always my worst symptom. I'll get it, though.

--------------------

#301208 - 03/01/07 08:45 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

You know, my IBS didn't act up too badly when I went off BC. I do flare up around ovulation and right before my period, but it's not too bad overall.

Mary, I'm planning on testing on Tuesday (14 DPO), so I'll be right behind you in finding out if this is the month. I'm not really feeling anything different from normal, but who knows.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#301218 - 03/02/07 04:25 AM
Mary_V

I will probably test on Tuesday as well if no AF. AF should start on Monday. And I know I won't be able to wait more than 1 day if it doesn't Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

--------------------
~Mary

Fingers are crossed for you both!! n/t new
      #301261 - 03/02/07 02:07 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 565 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86065

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review