All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: Back from the RE...part 2 new
      #300488 - 02/22/07 06:57 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Well, I had my 2nd ultrasound...not quite what I was hoping for. The Dr. said a normal follicle grows about 2 mm a day. Mine grew just over that in 3 days...so things aren't growing normally. It was about 18 mm. Which is a normal size, but given the progression it's not that great. I'm already on cd 22. He said there is a slight chance I could get pregnant this month, but it's not likely. It was very depressing/discouraging to hear that. I will be starting a different kind of progesterone pill tomorrow...it isn't harmful in case I do get pregnant. But it will induce a period if I don't get pregnant. If I don't get my period then I have to go in for a pg test on March 10. If I do, then I start 150 mg (another dosage increase) of clomid on the 10th. The Dr. also increased my thyroid Rx dosage. I'm happy about that. That can only lead to good things. But overall it was a very disappointing visit. I wanted to cry when I told my husband how it went. I know I have to be patient, things will happen in God's time. But I just felt like things were working this time. It's hard to feel like I'm making any progress when I still have not ovulated. This is going to be a LONG day at work. I know I won't be able to focus on my work. And DH has class right after work. So I'll be alone all day (he gets home after 9 pm). On to the next month of waiting, I guess...

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hugs new
      #300540 - 02/22/07 06:08 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

there is a slight chance I could get pregnant this month

Even though it is a slight chance, it is still a chance. Put your energy into that chance instead of the likelihood that it won't happen. As long as there is the tiniest chance, anything is possible.

It will happen.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re:Melissa! new
      #300623 - 02/23/07 04:45 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Yo may have better luck taking your temp with a digital thermometer. Basal body temp (take it in bed before you get up) Track it every day...even more reliable than the 4-5 day window of ovulation. There's only a 12-24 hr time frame for that egg to be fertilized. Cjeck out webmd.com for more info...we're trying too--schedules seem to be the biggest obstacle for us! I am married to an ER night shift nurse manager....Argggggh!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Re: Hugs new
      #300641 - 02/24/07 04:21 AM
Mary_V

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just trying not to think about it too much. If I find out I'm pregnant in a couple weeks that would be an amazing surprise...maybe even better than if I thought it would happen. You're right, you never know.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#300691 - 02/25/07 03:43 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear that, I haven't checked in for a few days so I am just now reading this. I UNDERSTAND the disappointment you are going through. I wish I could tell you it gets easier but, honestly, it doesn't.

My fertility journey was one of the hardest things for me to endure. Keep a journal, someplace to write out your feelings, if nothing more than to get them out. Keeping them bottled up just makes it that much harder and sometimes its hard to talk to others about it because unless you have gone through it, its very difficult to understand.

Love and hugs sweetie!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#300693 - 02/25/07 03:59 AM
Mary_V

Thanks Michele. I don't know how something like this ever could get easier. In my mind it only gets harder. Every month/attempt that comes and goes is more disappointing. But I'm so thankful for an amazing DH that is so encouraging. He always helps me to look at the positive things instead of the negative...he reminds me of how much closer I was this time than last time, that things are getting better. I don't know how he stays so strong. I also do keep a journal. I've mentioned before that I see a psychologist. She was starting to wind things down with me. She thought I was doing really well after surgery. But then when I started with this she started having me come more frequently again. And I'm glad. She told me to keep a journal. And to set goals for myself...aside from getting pregnant...other stuff to focus on. It does help, but it's still hard not to think about it constantly. Especially when it seems like everything reminds you of babies. I'm constantly seeing or hearing about someone that is pregnant. And every time it gets harder. I took your advice, Michele, and joined the ivillage board. It'll be nice talking to other people going through the same thing. But I will keep posting about it here as well.

I'm already a few days into my 10 days of progesterone for this month. It's prometrium. I've read about quite a few women that take it to help them get pregnant and to prevent miscarriage. Have you ever tried it?? Maybe it will help me too. You never know. I'll keep you posted when the pg or AF week comes (around March 5).

--------------------
~Mary

#300695 - 02/25/07 04:15 AM
michele

No, I am not familiar with that progesterone. Although it has been over a year since I lost the twins and I haven't kept up on whats new.

Its funny how when you are trying or are in my situation, everything reminds you of babys. I can usually cope but at one of my last doctors appts a couple of weeks ago, there were several little babies and a couple of toddlers in the office and I just couldn't deal. Its funny how it its you some days and some days you seem ok.

I am glad you are seeing a shrink (shrink is easier to type!! ) I haven't been to mine is over 6 months and I really need to start going again. It helped me a lot!!

Hang in there, try to stay busy and things will work out!

--------------------

Hormones!!!!!!!!!! new
      #300777 - 02/26/07 09:42 AM
Mary_V

This prometrium is killing me!!! I have to take it twice a day. It makes me sooooooo tired. I've been nodding off multiple times this morning. And it makes me dizzy for a while. I almost fell over walking to the bathroom at work this morning. Aside from that, it's making my digestion sooo slow. Even with 2 doses of miralax. It's like my intestines just went on vacation and everything is just sitting there. Ugghh! I have such a hard time with pills, and these are bigger than any of my other pills and have a hard coating...my tummy just can't digest that. I'm trying my hardest to gain a few pounds, but when I feel crappy it's so hard to eat. I'm trying to make myself, but each day gets harder. Today is only day 4 out of 10 for this pill. I have to take it until Sunday. I don't know how I'm going to manage the rest of the week. I keep telling myself that maybe some of this is early signs of pg. But I know it's probably not. It's just stupid hormone fluctuations.

On a positive note, DH and I finally decided that we ARE going to Spain!! We're going at the end of May. It's hard to plan a trip like that when you're going through fertility treatments, but I did my best to estimate my schedule. And I'm hoping that by then I won't have to go through this anymore...that I'll be pg! I'm just looking forward to a nice trip.

Until then I'm in my waiting, feeling crappy mode. And to top it off I have to get a cavity filled today and a silver filling replaced. This is going to be another LONG week

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Baby Making new
      #300786 - 02/26/07 10:33 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi! I was out of town all weekend, so I'm just checking in here.

Mary, I have heard of Prometrium but have never used it. I do use a natural progesterone cream from 3-13 DPO because it helps to strengthen my next cycle and to keep spotting away. I hope you get only good news from here on out!

As for me, I'm now 6 DPO and I don't really feel anything so far, so there's not much to obsess about. Unfortunately, I was up with vomiting and diarrhea last night, I think from food poisoning. It's waaay to early to have pregnancy symptoms like that, so I'm not even entertaining the idea. I definitely don't "have a feeling" like I might be PG this month. I just feel...nothing so far.

Anyway, good luck to all the TTCers!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Hormones!!!!!!!!!! new
      #300796 - 02/26/07 02:06 PM
michele

Sorry to hear you are feeling so craaapppyyyyy!!!! I remember feeling awful when I was on the injectables, I would fly off the handle at anything and start crying for no reason at all, what a roller coaster!!!!

You said you are trying to put some weight on, do the doctors think that your weight has something to do with your troubles ovulating?

Congrats on the trip to Spain!! I have never been but hear it is beautiful!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86059

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review