All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: Baby Making new
      #299780 - 02/14/07 07:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sounds like a good plan! I know the waiting is hard, when you are trying, you are always waiting for something! Waiting for AF, waiting to have sex, waiting to ovulate, waiting for appts, over and over! Good luck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: clomid kicking in?? new
      #299781 - 02/14/07 07:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yep, sounds like the clomid! Not too much you can do but take some tylenol and try to relax!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: clomid kicking in?? new
      #299847 - 02/14/07 05:25 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Good luck, Mary! I hope your discomfort is, indeed, from the Clomid working its magic! That drug has done wonders for lots of people, so I hope it does the trick for you!

We're on cycle 2 TTC #1, so we're definitely still doing everything the old-fashioned way. TTC is kind of a vulnerable feeling. There's only so much you can do, and then it's up to your body/nature/God to do the rest! It's hard for me to just let go and have faith that everything will work the way it's supposed to. Here's hoping it happens in the next few months!

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Out of our control new
      #299870 - 02/15/07 04:45 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I totally understand how you feel, Christine. I like to plan everything and be in control of everything. It's hard for me to accept that I'm doing everything I can, but the rest is not up to me. I have made a lot of little changes in my life in the last couple months that I'm hoping will have a big effect on my body's ability to conceive. I started taking medication for hypothyroidism (which can cause infertility), I started taking a mulit-vitamin, I started taking folic acid, and I've changed my diet quite a bit. Since I had surgery in Sept. I am pretty much free of IBS. So I am trying to eat healthy now. All of my GI issues made me lose a lot of weight. I am borderline underweight. So, I've been trying to eat more and gain weight with healthy foods, not junk food. I eat cashews almost every day. I eat a lot of avacados, and I eat natural peanut butter. Those are all good sources of healthy fat. I also add ground flax seeds to my food. I've cut out caffeine. I eat mostly whole grains...very few refined carbs. So far I haven't gained any weight, but at least I'm eating healthy. I snack a lot more than I used to. I have also made a lot of improvement in my mental health. I've been seeing a psychologist for just under a year. So, overall I feel a lot healthier now. Even my hair feels thicker and my nails are nicer. I notice little things like that all the time. I think that God knew I wasn't physically or mentally ready for a baby before. But I feel like I am now. We'll see if God agrees I just tell myself I am doing everything I can to prepare my body. The rest is out of my control, so it's not worth worrying about...I know, easier said than done, but I try. The other hard part for me is that I'm really sick of my job. When I have a baby I'll be a stay-at-home mom. I am REALLY looking forward to that. I know it sounds stereotypical, but I really do love to cook, bake, clean, etc. I love to be at home. And I love children. So, I'm anxious to be done with my job and be at home with a baby. Right now my days just drag on...which makes the waiting even harder.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. It's just nice to talk to someone who understands. Hopefully this will be the month for both of us!!

Today is cd15. 4 days until my u/s. I'm just praying that I will ovluate this month. DH and I are working hard to do our part. Now my ovaries need to do theirs :P

Good luck. Baby dust!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: Out of our control new
      #299928 - 02/15/07 04:41 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

When I have a baby I'll be a stay-at-home mom. I am REALLY looking forward to that. I know it sounds stereotypical, but I really do love to cook, bake, clean, etc. I love to be at home. And I love children. So, I'm anxious to be done with my job and be at home with a baby.

I know exactly how you feel. It's like you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm lucky in that the family I nanny for is just about as excited about hubby and I starting a family as we are. And they are more than happy to have another baby around. And my hours will probably be cut in September when their youngest starts preschool a couple days a week. So I won't have to work a full time job. Basically, I won't have to worry about childcare expenses. My husband and I have decided this is my last job. In a couple years, when this family doesn't need me to be there, I'll be a SAHM.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#299937 - 02/15/07 06:33 PM
ChristineM

Okay, I totally hear you both on the job front! I love my job, but I am suffering from some pretty serious burnout/growing pains right now. The population of our school has changed dramatically in the past few years, and it's requiring me to re-think my teaching methods. I'm kind of at a point where I'd rather just opt out for a while. We're going to have to see how much "opting out" we can afford, though. We live in a pretty pricey part of the country.

--------------------
Christine

#299941 - 02/15/07 06:45 PM
ChristineM

Mary,

I think it's so great that you've done so much to improve yourself. I'm with you on that, too. I did therapy for 1.5 years and would actually like to go back at some point, though I've pretty much decided I'm one of the "lucky" people who'll be on some kind of AD for the rest of my life. I just run a little on the depressed side. Anyway, I've worked on my psychological health, I've started working out, I've always eaten pretty well. The "letting go and letting God" part is just really, really hard for me. I tend to not rely on others in general, so it's an interesting thing to now be in a position where my control is so limited. (I know it's limited everywhere else, too, but here it FEELS limited.)

Anyway, good luck! I hope you ovulate soon!

--------------------
Christine

#299964 - 02/16/07 04:47 AM
Mary_V

I have anxiety and mild depression. I know that I will need to use an AD someday. But I don't want to start one when I want to get pregnant. So, I'm waiting on that for now. But there are some days when I REALLY wish I could take one. I have learned to control my anxiety to a certain degree, but there is some stuff that is just out of my control w/o medication. And I want that to stop.

Being a nanny would be a great job. That's cool that you won't have to worry about child care. I would love to find a part time job that I could do from home. Our income will be cut in half when I stop working. DH and I make close to the same salary...we're both engineers.

TGIF!!! This week has gone by so slowly. Hopefully my work day will fly by. My weekend alwasy goes fast, so I'm not worried about that. Then my u/s is Monday morning. I've definitely been feeling stuff in my ovaries the past couple of days. Kind of like pms. So, hopefully the drugs are working.

Good luck to you both!!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Vent new
      #299968 - 02/16/07 05:55 AM
Mary_V

My morning is starting out really crappy today. My intestines are in knots, my computer is not working (which means I can't do my work), and I have to go to a 2 hour off site meeting for work in about 15 min. I just feel like going back to bed. I'm sure part of how I'm feeling is from the clomid/ovulation. The other part is my anxiety flaring up. And this meeting will double it. I know I'll sit tense the whole time. I just want this day to be over. Sorry, had to get that out.

--------------------
~Mary

It's alright. Let it out! We're here to listen. :) n/t new
      #299998 - 02/16/07 03:41 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86062

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review