All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: The RE just keeps giving us "great" news new
      #303524 - 03/29/07 01:09 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

The emotions, the ups and downs, the acne, all side effects of the clomid. I see no reason why IVF would not be an option for you. Hang in there sweetie. I have done too much typing today and my hands are done.....love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The RE just keeps giving us "great" news new
      #303540 - 03/29/07 02:29 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Mary:

Obviously that's not good news, but like Michele said, it seems like at the very least IVF will still be a good option for you guys. (((Hugs)))

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: The RE just keeps giving us "great" news...feeling a little better now new
      #303603 - 03/30/07 07:47 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Thanks everyone. I had a major meltdown Wed. evening. I cried for about an hour and a half straight. Poor DH had to sit and listen and try to make me feel better. But I feel better now that I got everything out. I'm trying to focus on other aspects of my life and not have any expectations about next week. I see the RE on Thurs. to talk about options. I'm assuming he'll say injections and IVF...which I would be fine with. But we'll see. Like I said, I'm trying not to jump to conclusions or anticipate what's coming. Just let it happen.

One of my major issues emotionally right now is the desire to be a mother. And these fertility issues are making that difficult. When I talked to DH about it he was so sweet, and what he said really helped. He said, "don't worry, you WILL be a mother." Whether it be biological children, adopted, whatever, we will have kids. That was such a reassuring thing to hear. Even though I would love to have children of my own, I am not in control of that. But I WILL have children! That makes all of this much easier to handle. Neither of us is opposed to adoption, if we can't have kids of our own...or maybe even if we can.

Now I just have to wait 6 days to find out what's next. Michele, do you think that will be too early for the Dr. to do a pg test? I'm feeling lots of different symptoms right now, but I'm assuming they are just from the drugs and rising/changing hormones that my body isn't used to. I've been quite tired...was pretty much asleep for about 20 min. at my desk today...nothing I could do to stop it. Like I said before, I have much worse acne than usual. I've been peeing more frequently/urgently. My boobs feel fuller and a little sensitive (something I've never had). My C has been worse all week. The last few days I had cramps. Now it's just weird twinges periodically on my right side (side I O'd on). And my emotions are way out of whack. Like I said, it's probably just the drugs, but I'm holding on to that tiny bit of hope that I could be pg despite what the Dr. says/the low odds.

One other thing that I'm excited about right now...I don't have to take any drugs this week! No progesterone. No clomid. It's nice. And it's exciting that I probably won't have to take clomid anymore. That stuff is manageable, but not preferable.

I'll let you know what I find out next week.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Latest update new
      #304043 - 04/05/07 06:45 AM
Mary_V

So, I'm in the home stretch now. I see the RE today at 3:30. I'm anxious to hear what he has to say and to see if he does any more tests.

Until then, this is what I know/what's going on. I have had almost every possible pg symptom I can think of. But they could all be from the drugs. The last few days the symptoms have changed. I'm having major hot flashes throughout the day, my mouth feels like cotton even though I drink a ton and pee a ton. Starting yesterday afternoon I've had this unexplained horrible pain in my left hip when I walk. No idea if it's related. But I don't know what could have caused it. I was sitting at my desk at work (being very inactive as I always am at work), then I got up to go to the bathroom and could hardly walk. Very strange. I have also been much more hungry than usual...which is a rare thing for me these days. Then this morning I got up and took a hpt...it was negative, as I expected. But at least I know the hCG injection is out of my system. Before I even got the results of that, though, I looked down and saw blood. I've had spotting this morning...very light and mostly brownish. I'm wondering if it might be implantation bleeding. Or it could be early signs of AF. Only time will tell. It does give me a little hope, though. AF is NEVER early for me. But then again I'm on fertility drugs. So who knows. I'll be sure to tell the RE about it. See what he says.

For now I just wait and sit in suspense every time I go to the bathroom I'll let you know how things go this afternoon.

By the way, I'm 10dpo today (cd31).

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: Latest update new
      #304062 - 04/05/07 08:37 AM
michele

Those do some like promising signs however the spotting is not. The majority of woman never notice any implantation bleeding and I believe that 10 dpo is a bit late for that. I don't want to be discouraging but I don't want you to be more upset if you are not pg. I think its all a good sign though that your body is starting to function as it should! Anymore news on hubby's swimmers?

--------------------

#304071 - 04/05/07 09:11 AM
Mary_V

I know the spotting isn't great...and it's starting to look like AF Seems kind of early. But, hey, it's a step in the right direction, right? It means that I ovulated this month! Haven't done that in at least a year. Although I'm kind of dreading the full force of AF this month since I was on clomid and I know I had a good lining. Should be a fun weekend :P

We find out about DH's results this afternoon at our RE appt. Poor guy, today is his birthday. I'm sure this is the last thing he wanted to do today. I'm just anxious to get started with whatever is next. And since it looks like AF is here, hopefully it will be soon. What cycle day do you usually start injections?

--------------------
~Mary

#304073 - 04/05/07 09:19 AM
michele

Sorry to hear about af! Honestly, mine weren't really that much worse with the fertility drugs, some more cramping but not as awful as I had expected. The heating pad really helps and if you can take alieve or motrin...

Lets see, I think I started the injections either cd 3 or 5, its been a couple of years! They really don't hurt much but they can make ovulating very painful and I was very moody (read bitchy!) while on them!

Poor hubby! Well, you will have to do something special for him today! Let us know what you find out! Maybe start a new thread as well, this one is getting long! Good luck!

--------------------

#304078 - 04/05/07 09:33 AM
Mary_V

Good idea. Will do. I'll probably post this evening.

Scary to think I could be starting injections in a few days!

--------------------
~Mary

#304132 - 04/05/07 04:38 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm sorry about AF, Mary. Like Michele said, though, at least those drugs are doing something!

Keep us posted!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1023 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86022

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review