All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Thanks Michele. n/t new
      #302878 - 03/22/07 05:04 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

where to find ovulation tests... new
      #302885 - 03/22/07 07:13 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi - I found them at mymonthlycycles.com (I think that's it). It's a website that tries to sell you everything under the sun to help get you pregnant and there were a ton of pop up adds. But they had some neat calander stuff to help you keep track of periods, ovulation dates etc. You could sign up for that free.

Re: Another RE update...some good, some bad, outcome tbd new
      #303082 - 03/25/07 10:04 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Ok, so here's the latest. I had an u/s and a postcoital test yesterday morning. The u/s showed a dominant follicle at 23mm!!! Super exciting. The pct showed that my cm is great! However, when the doc looked at it under the microscope...he didn't see any sperm!?! Not good. There could be a problem with DH too I sure hope not. I've read that the pct is not always accurate...and results can depend on timing. Most things I read said to bd 2-8 hours b/f the test. The RE didn't tell me any specific time...so we fit it in when we could...about 15 1/2 hours b/f the test. And DH wasn't feeling very good on Friday. So I'm hoping it was just bad timing and an off night. I had to do an hCG injection last night to be sure I ovulate. Sure is strange to have DH give me a shot in the butt :P It's sore today. Tomorrow morning DH will give a sample around 8. I have to call around 9:30. If they got a good sample, then I'll come in for IUI at 10. If not then I don't know what's next. The Dr. said we'll have to talk about options. Anyone know what kind of treatments/options there are for male infertility? Anyway, I'm trying to think positively...that things will happen tomorrow and that I will get pg. It's exciting to think I could find out I'm pg in a couple weeks. I'm holding on to that hope. I am very excited that my body seems to be functioning great...finally. My weight is up slightly, I'm eating well, getting lots of vitamins...and I have good follicles, good lining, and good cm. Now we just need DH's swimmers to cooperate So that's the scoop. Keep me in your prayers that things will go well tomorrow. I hope I get to go through with the IUI...and have a real shot at getting pg!!! I will update when I know more.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#303086 - 03/25/07 11:08 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Mary!

Try not to read too much into the absent sperm just yet. Let's wait and see what else the doc has to say.

Good luck! I hope this is it for you!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#303151 - 03/26/07 10:53 AM
Mary_V

Well, here's the latest update. DH dropped off his sample this morning. I called around 9:30, and they told me to come in for IUI. I was pretty excited. However, my appt. didn't go the way I had hoped. When I got there the Dr. said the initial results from DH's analysis weren't very good. He's waiting for the full report b/f he makes any judegments, though. Then he did an u/s. My dominant follicle was only 24 mm today...only 1 mm up from Sat. So he thinks I'm still not responding to the clomid very well. He doesn't even know if I'll O...even with the hCG trigger! So that was disappointing too. He went ahead with the IUI. I might O, and DH's sperm might be sufficient. So there is small chance. But the RE didn't sound very optimistic DH and I go back for a consult on April 5 to discuss what's next. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing FSH injections since I haven't done well with clomid. That should (hopefully) take care of things on my part. Then the results from DH's test will determine the rest. If his stuff is decent, maybe we'll do IUI after a round of injections. If not, I think the Dr. will recommend going straight to IVF. I was really hoping not to have to go that far. But it may be our only option. So for now I just wait some more. Definitely not what I was hoping for today. But I guess there is still a chance. And I'm feeling some weird stuff on my right side right now. I'm praying that it's ovulation. If I don't do that then we have no chance. So, that's where we stand. I'll update if I find out anything else.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#303154 - 03/26/07 11:01 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Did they check your estrogen level?? 23 is a great follicle but, as you said, it only growing 1mm in a couple of days and it still showing in place after your hcg injection isn't the greatest of news. However, remember my story, they told me I couldn't get pregnant the cycle that I did so do not give up hope.

If I remember correctly, didn't you mention that your bil has sperm issues? That could make your hubby more prone to problems. Iui helps mostly when its a cm issues. You are right in thinking they may go right to IVF.

I did many months of the injections, they really aren't too bad. Less painful than the hcg injection. However, the drugs are mighty expensive. Have you checked into your insurance coverage?

I will be hoping that you get lucky this month but if not, try not to let it get you too down. I know how hard it is, believe me but it sounds like they are working through your problems pretty quickly and I am sure you will have a baby before too long! Love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#303167 - 03/26/07 11:35 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm sorry the news wasn't better.

I hope that it'll happen for you this month despite the bad news. If not, well... At least you're getting to the bottom of it. The sooner you find out what's going on, the sooner you'll have a babe in your arms, right?

(((((Hugs))))) in the meantime. We're all here to listen.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#303235 - 03/27/07 04:32 AM
Mary_V

Thanks, Michele. It's encouraging to hear that things can work even when the doctor is uncertain. No they did not check any hormone levels. Last week they did blood work, but it was just to check thyroid...which is now at a normal level b/c of the meds. Yesterday around 2:30 I felt some really sharp pain. I really have no way of knowing, but I think it was ovulation. I don't know what else it could have been. It lasted about an hour. Then everything was done, and I haven't had any more pain. So, I'm hopeful that at least my body is working this month. Things have just felt right this time. I know that doesn't really mean anything, but there is something in me this montht that's saying don't give up hope yet. Other months I haven't felt that way...I just knew things weren't working before. Now, just b/c I feel good doesn't mean DH's swimmers are good. Nothing I can do about that. We don't have any family members that I know of with male fertility problems. The only sibling on either side that has kids is my sister. So, of the 4 brothers (2 of mine, 2 of DH's), none have tried for kids yet. We're the first ones. We're waiting on the final analysis of DH. The Dr. didn't know if it would be kind of bad or really bad. Whichever it is will help make the decision about what to try next. But the Dr. did say the quantity was good, but motility and shape didn't look that great. I'll have to do some research on what the options are for that kind of stuff. I know a lot about female infertility now, but nothing about males. DH is pretty bummed about the whole thing. I know it's an ego thing for a guy. But I try to reassure him I don't think any less of him...how could I when my own body isn't working? At least it makes it feel like we're realy in this together. It's not all on one of us.

I have not looked at insurance much. But I don't think they cover much, if anything. I was hoping finances wouldn't play a role in this. We'll see. We are pretty set financially at the moment. So I would only worry about it if we had to do treatments long term. And I'm pretty sure DH's parents would help out if it came to that.

Do you know if you have to wait a certain number of days b/f testing b/c of the hCG injection? I've read that it can stay in your system and cause a false positive. I'm thinking about testing the morning of April 5...the day we go to the Dr...and DH's birthday! It will be cd31, 12 dp hcg, 10 dp iui. I know it could have skewed results one way or the other, but I'm still going to test...unless AF shows by then already.

For now I just wait. The part I hate.

Thanks all for listening. It's always comforting to get some encouraging words.

--------------------
~Mary

The RE just keeps giving us "great" news new
      #303409 - 03/28/07 04:03 PM
Mary_V

So, I've been pretty positive the last few days. I think I ovulated. And you never know, DH could have some good swimmers. But then when I got home from work today there was a message on the answering machine from the RE...there are major sperm problems. We have to go in for a full consult on what treatment plan we are going to pursue next. How disappointing. I know there is still a small chance things will happen this month...but it's so small. And DH is so upset. He feels so discouraged...as would any guy that was told his sperm is not good. I'm trying to do my best to encourage him even though inside I'm a wreck. It just isn't fair! Both of us have to have major fertility problems??? I'm so sick of my up and down emotions. One minute I feel like things are going to happen, the next I feel like it will never happen. And it doesn't help that all of these drugs and procedures are making me feel awful. Ever since IUI my C has been worse. Today I have major cramps...feels like PMS, but I'm nowhere close to that. And they're worse than I usually have. Is that normal? I'm bloated. My skin looks like I'm 17 years old...major breakout on my face and down my neck and back. I just want to scream. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we have to wait a week to see the Dr. to find out what our options are. I'm just praying that IVF is still a viable option. I so desperately want to have kids of my own. I guess for now all I can do is wait and pray. Thanks for listening.

Hohoyumyum, how are you doing?

--------------------
~Mary

Re: The RE just keeps giving us "great" news new
      #303451 - 03/28/07 09:38 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm sorry things are so discouraging for you.

I'm alright for now. This cycle is about to end and I haven't ovulated, so yea for me . Oh well, I'm just trying to focus on other things.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 352 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86062

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review