All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
ovulation tests new
      #302667 - 03/20/07 04:58 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi- I just ordered some of these online. Has anyone used before? They are supposed to tell you when you are ovulating. They were about 20 test and 5 preg tests for 21.00 I thought I'd give it a try. I'm 33, been trying about 8 mos but was on the pill before about 10 years. Also we are not exactly keeping track of dates and we could be trying a little harder at certain times of the month. I'm just hoping the age thing doesn't slow us down.
OK just wondering if these little tests have worked for anyone. Thanks,
Debby

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ovulation tests new
      #302669 - 03/20/07 05:14 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

They were about 20 test and 5 preg tests for 21.00

Where'd you find these ones at?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#302684 - 03/20/07 06:45 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I don't know about the kind you bought, but I bought some at the drug store. We were keeping track of my cycles, but they were irregular. So the fourth month I took the test about every other day around the time I should have been ovulating (I know, it was only four months, but I was impatient). My poor husband was sick when the stick came up saying I was ovulating, but I told him to take one for the team, and lo and behold I was pregnant the end of the month. So they worked for me.

#302686 - 03/20/07 07:03 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi,

We didn't use the sticks, but I had been charting my cycles for over a year, so I knew when ovulation time was. We got pregnant the second month.

If you don't really know your cycles, the sticks can really help. Just be aware that some people never get a full positive even though they ovulate.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#302688 - 03/20/07 07:05 PM
hohoyumyum

It's also possible to not even ovulate, while still menstruating.

--------------------

#302689 - 03/20/07 07:06 PM
ChristineM

True, but if your cycles are regular and 24-35 days, you're most likely ovulating.

--------------------
Christine

Agreed n/t new
      #302693 - 03/20/07 07:15 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Re: Couldn't do it. new
      #302705 - 03/21/07 04:19 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Glad to have you back I hope you can manage the IBS and that you get pg quickly. I don't blame you for wanting to give it another shot. 2 months isn't very long. Hopefully your body will adjust quickly to the changing hormones. I completely understand about being an emotional mess. Wanting a child is very emotional. I have a double wammy with fertility drugs. They really mess you up. But you have a supportive DH. You'll get through it.

I'm going crazy right now waiting. Tomorrow is my u/s to find out if I have some good follicles. I've been having quite a bit of pain, so I'm praying it means the drugs are working. I just need to get through one more day of work. That'll be tough. I can't focus on anything right now. My mind just wanders...thinking about what could be. Anyway, good luck to you. I'll post after my u/s.

What cd are you on? Do you think the bc made any difference this month...or are you still on your regular cycle schedule?

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Good luck, Mary! new
      #302714 - 03/21/07 08:18 AM
ChristineM

I know what you mean about not being able to focus on other things. I find myself unable to grade papers, becaue all I think about is the fact that I'm pregnant!

--------------------
Christine

My cycles are way out of whack. new
      #302779 - 03/21/07 06:28 PM
hohoyumyum

I had three periods in two months and more GI issues than I've collectively had in the last year and a half. The last couple of days I've actually felt fairly stable but I am back to eating the most basic safe foods and taking a multivitamin, as usual, to make up the difference. I'm still not getting what I need in my diet though. I've noticed that I am starting to bruise easily again. Something else that hasn't been an issue for a year and a half. We've started using ovulation tests. Since my schedule is so off I'm not taking the chance of missing the right time. And I am going to start a probiotic this Friday. Hopefully that will help.

Thanks for the support. I've a feeling I'm going to need an awful lot of it in the near future.

Quote:

Tomorrow is my u/s to find out if I have some good follicles.

Good luck tomorrow. I'm thinking good baby thoughts for you.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 353 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86071

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review