All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: Thanks new
      #302303 - 03/15/07 05:04 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

How are things going? Survived the worst of AF? I took my last dose of clomid yesterday. Yesterday evening I actually had some hot flashes!!! I'm excited. That never happened on 50 mg or 100 mg. I'm hoping that means it's working. Only 1 week until my u/s (March 22, cd17) to find out if I have ovulated or am going to ovulate. Are you doing any kind of O tests? Or are you just seeing what happens? Good luck this month! Hoping for some Christmas babies!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#302334 - 03/15/07 02:52 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Post deleted by hohoyumyum

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#302338 - 03/15/07 03:24 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Wow. I really admire you for making that decision! Adoption is a wonderful thing; I have several friends who have gone that route, including one couple that adopted three "older" children from Ethiopia. You are so lucky to have such a supportive and caring husband, too!!

A LOT of what prompted me to start EFI last summer was the thought of getting pregnant in the near future. DH and I definitely want kids, and we're closing in on 30, which is the age at which we decided we'd start trying. I really want to enjoy pregnancy and so being miserable with IBS during that time (or taking a bunch of drugs to combat the pain) is just not an option for me! I'm so very sorry you're having such a rough time; I know that the process you're going through (trying to get pregnant) is supposed to be a happy, exciting one. It's not fair!! But your DH is right - it's also not fair for you to suffer day after day the way you are now.

I hope you get to feeling better soon! Best of luck to both of you.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#302339 - 03/15/07 03:30 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

including one couple that adopted three "older" children from Ethiopia.

We'd like, later on, when the time is right, to adopt a couple of teens. There are so many that end up aging out of the system. And even though we know that they will have to work themselves through things like college, we will be able to give them a safe and loving home to live in.

We've always wanted to adopt. Even if we have our own we'll still adopt. There are so many babies (and to me, that's any child regardless of age) without homes.

--------------------

#302368 - 03/16/07 05:45 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Wow, that's a big decision. But it sounds like it's the right one for you. Sorry to hear about the IBS. That sucks. Stupid hormones!!! Are you going to start bc again already this week? Hopefully it won't take long to get stable again...especially since you know what works well for your body.

Good luck with the CHT. Sounds like it's something you're excited about.

I have less than a week now until my u/s. I am starting to feel stuff...the follicles swelling. This is the worst time for me b/c it makes me have to pee more and makes me a little more C. The follicles just crowd everything else :P But it's all worth it if it works.

Good luck with everything. I'll post an update after my next u/s (March 22).

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

CHT & BC new
      #302415 - 03/16/07 03:37 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

Good luck with the CHT. Sounds like it's something you're excited about.

Thanks. I am excited about it. It's something I've wanted to do for while now. I would love to be able to offer free hypno to people suffering from IBS. It's just so darn expensive to go a CHT.

I started BC again two days ago and already I feel like a normal human being again. Poor hubby felt terrible that I was so miserable. But, like I said, we've always wanted to adopt anyway. And maybe down the road, when I have time to sit around and pooh all day and have debilitating cramps from it, I can go back off of BC.

I was crying on the phone to my mom yesterday and she just says I have to take care of myself and that she understands. And then she got upset because I have IBS and she can't figure out how I got it. It was pretty sweet, really. Moms are good for that kind of stuff.

--------------------

Couldn't do it. new
      #302654 - 03/20/07 03:46 PM
hohoyumyum

Hubby and I went over and over this. Makes best sense - financially, physically, time line wise - to go back on the pill and not have to deal with these insane symptoms. So I went back on the pill and two days later, after crying every time I saw a baby or a pregnant woman or heard a kid laugh (hard to avoid as a nanny) I stopped taking them again.

I'm such a big, fat emotional mess. But I'll deal with it. I'm not really used to being the person who needs support. I'm much more used to being the person who is giving support. So, please bare with me on this one subject. I'm sure that I'll be a complete grump for a while so I apologize in advance.

But I'm getting pregnant, dang it!

Oh, please let it be soon. Stupid IBS.

--------------------

Re: Couldn't do it. new
      #302656 - 03/20/07 04:01 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hey there.

If anything, I was surprised at how easily you gave up on the idea, so I completely understand your change of heart. Just use imodium or whatever to get you through. The hormones will level out eventually.

As for me, I'm having some light brown spotting, so I have a call in to my doctor's office. Supposedly brown is no big deal, but my fear is that it'll turn red. Think good thoughts for me! I'm six weeks along today.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Follow up to this new
      #302657 - 03/20/07 04:07 PM
hohoyumyum

We still plan on adopting as well.

--------------------

Re: Couldn't do it. new
      #302658 - 03/20/07 04:09 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

I'm having some light brown spotting, so I have a call in to my doctor's office. Supposedly brown is no big deal

I've heard the same, shouldn't be anything to worry about.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86069

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review