All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: Round 3 starts tomorrow...or should I say today new
      #301961 - 03/10/07 10:21 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Thanks! I start the clomid tonight. I hope this round is it!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#301962 - 03/10/07 10:23 AM
Mary_V

Deep down I know I will be fine, but it's still tough. Even another month seems like an eternity. Hopefully the next couple weeks will fly by. Only 12 days until u/s!!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: Epidurals new
      #301993 - 03/11/07 09:06 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Hoho,

I vote a resounding "yes" for epidurals. I've done it both ways. My first birth was a natural Bradley Method birth with a midwife. It was very incredibly painful and scary. I was completely traumatized by this birth and never wanted to have another baby. I also felt like I had trouble bonding at first because I was so freaked out by the experience. It was brutal.

After five years I decided I might try it again, but under very different circumstances. When I got pregnant the second time I chose an OB that I trusted and talked about pain relief from the very first visit. I got the epidural as soon as it was possible to do so in the second labor. It provided complete numbness and I was able to feel like I was present at the birth of my daughter. I actually enjoyed the experience. We were all laughing and joking while I was pushing her out! It did not slow my labor or pushing either. The whole process from beginning to end was only about three hours (of course second labors are usually shorter) Epidurals may not always work that well, but for me it did. I did experience back pain for about 6 weeks or so after the birth, but I found this very manageable. I am glad that my second birth is such a good memory for me and I feel like the epi made that possible.

p.s. I did not notice any difference in my children as newborns. My daughter was just as alert as my son had been. In fact she nursed better right from the start even after an epidural.

Laura

#302034 - 03/11/07 08:29 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Mary! Good luck with round three!

At this point I am so early in the pregnancy, so I wouldn't be feeling a thing if I didn't know I was pregnant. I will be 5 weeks along on Tuesday. The only potential "sympoms" I've noticed are increased desire for RED MEAT, a new longing for COLD water, perma-bloat, and kind of IBS-A symptoms (as opposed to my usual IBS-D). Oh, my boobs are starting to get more sensitive, too.

My understanding is that the real symptoms won't kick in for another week or so.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#302042 - 03/12/07 04:30 AM
Mary_V

Sounds like things will be kicking in soon for you, Christine I've heard that around week 6 is when you usually start to feel stuff/get morning sickness. As much as I'm dreading that (all of the women in my family have all day sickness for a long time), I'm also looking forward to it. I just want to be pg and experience it all!

Today is cd7. I've taken 2 doses of pills so far. 3 to go. I can already tell they are having an effect. Lots of little symptoms. Hopefully that means this dose is working! I'm just waiting for the hot flashes to start. Only a week and a half until my u/s to find out if I have any good follicles/if I've ovulated. I hope the time flies by.

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Christine new
      #302050 - 03/12/07 07:38 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I had the red meat craving as well and found that I could eat it without any problems. I also craved peanut butter, would eat it by the spoonfuls right out of the jar and milk!

My boobs got so sensitive that I had to start sleeping with tank tops on, just the blankets rubbing on them would make them hurt!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Epidurals new
      #302051 - 03/12/07 07:42 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I haven't gotten far enough to actually have had one but I decided that I would! I think its a personal choice but like lj said, I would rather be able to enjoy the experience than to be in so much pain.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Stupid periods new
      #302067 - 03/12/07 10:16 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

My cycles are way out of whack. I woke up this morning to terrible cramping and AF at about 3:15am. Then I was so achy I lost about an hour and a half of sleep. And then when I finally was able to drag myself out of bed to go to work, the period-IBS kicked in. Oi! So now I've spent about an hour of this morning on the can and I can tell I still have more to do in there before the day is out and that's with a dose and a half of Imodium already. And I'm so stinkin' tired my eyeballs feel like they are on fire. My boss is a sweet lady though, and I told her before I went off BC that this might occasionally happen so she is being very accommodating. I do have to be in very early tomorrow (there son is having surgery and I need to be there with their daughter so they can leave on time) so hopefully I can get this in check by then. Otherwise, I'm gonna be wearing those giant adult diapers when I leave tomorrow. LOL.

But on the upside, I get to go down to San Diego at the end of the month and I found a new cheese mix to make Mac 'n' Cheese with. So that's good. The weather is nice, I have a great husband, and a really comfortable bed to climb back in to in a bit.

I've tried about five different BCs and none of them have ever done this to me when I went off of them. How annoying.

Ah, well...when all is said and done it will be worth it.

So, there's my vent. I'll feel better tomorrow.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Stupid periods new
      #302071 - 03/12/07 10:44 AM
Mary_V

Sorry you're feeling so crummy...and that AF showed up. I'm on the tail end...and hoping to be done with her for a while! I've taken 2 doses of clomid so far. And today I can't focus on ANYTHING. My mind is going a mile a minute in all different directions. My work is the last thing I feel like doing/thinking about. At least I only have an hour left.

You have a very good attitude. I too am trying to focus on the positive things/blessings in my life. I'm trying to enjoy my time with DH...we all know that changes when you have kids. So I'm making the most of still being just a couple.

It is supposed to be in the 50's here today...a heat wave in MI Hopefully there is some sun with it (don't know during work b/c there are no windows anywhere close to me).

3 more clomid doses to go. Then time to BD!! Maybe this will be our month Hopefully AF doesn't stay long. Have fun in San Diego.

--------------------
~Mary

Thanks new
      #302085 - 03/12/07 12:42 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm starting to feel a bit better. I think the Imodium kicked in and my stomach is starting to settle down. Just typical period stuff.

It's in the upper 70's here today and lots of sunshine. I don't know if most women experience this but I run a lot warmer when I'm on my period so 70's feels more like 80's to me. Ugh.

Positive energy is so important. Whatever is getting me down, I remind myself of what's good. And it always makes me feel a bit better.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86068

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review