All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Epidurals new
      #301857 - 03/08/07 07:10 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

If you've had one, what do you think? What I've heard has been split down the middle. Half say "Get one!!" and the other say "No, it's terrible for weeks afterward." So I'm just curious of your opinions.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Epidurals new
      #301873 - 03/09/07 03:02 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I've had two and I'll get another. The only problem I had was the first time it wore off on one side. So, they had to redo it later. But other than that...it was literally a life-saver!By the time I got mine, I could no longer speak due to the pain. I always have to laugh at the TV shows where the lady in labor is bitchy and yells at her husband. I was in too much pain for that.

Every woman feels pain differently though. So, if you get in there and you're hurting but it's bareable, go without. My pain was not bareable. I couldn't even push anymore. Do what's right for you at the time. But I wouldn't be afraid of it.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Round 3 starts tomorrow new
      #301878 - 03/09/07 04:45 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

So, tomorrow is cd 5...which means the start of my next round of clomid. I'm nervous about side effects, but I'm also ready to get this show on the road. Let's get this round started already! Less than 2 weeks (March 22, cd17) until my u/s to find out if 150 mg works. I'm trying my hardest this week to eat more to see if I can gain a pound or two. So far no luck. I just have to keep forcing stuff down Never thought eating would be such a chore.

Hohoyumyum, are you close to testing day? Are you having any symptoms?

Christine, how is the pg going? Any symptoms yet?

Good luck, ladies.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#301887 - 03/09/07 06:35 AM
karyash

Reged: 04/11/05
Loc: Fargo, ND

I had my first 2 children naturally and for my 3rd one I had an epidural. I would definitely vote for an epidural, no doubt about it! It allowed me to relax and enjoy the experience instead of focusing on my pain.

Kristi

Re: Round 3 starts tomorrow...or should I say today new
      #301893 - 03/09/07 08:15 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I don't know what's going on with my body today. I have been feeling pretty good for the last week or so. Then today my digestion is slowing down, I feel nauseous, I have pain in my abdomen, I'm hot, I'm dizzy, and AF is stronger today than it was yesterday! What's going on?? I thought today would be one last good day before I start clomid. But I feel worse now than ever! It's probably just hormones changing...estrogen production increasing or something (this is kind of how I used to feel every new cycle of bc), but it sure does suck!!!! My last 4 hours of work are going to be LONG! And this definitely doesn't help me gain weight...when I can hardly eat b/c of nausea. Grrr!!

Sorry, just had to get that out. I'm sick of having so many up and down days. And I haven't even started my next round of clomid. I really hope I get pg this month...I don't know how much more of this I can handle

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#301894 - 03/09/07 08:23 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ok me and my husband had heard all these storys about them and I was scared to get one finley the pain was to much to handle and I got one It was the best thing I ever did!!!It didn't hurt (to focus on the contractions lol) and it was wonderful i was a differant person after wards I would say in my opion GET IT!! I will again!! Hope this helps!
Emmasmom
Ibs-c

#301895 - 03/09/07 08:41 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

m

#301936 - 03/09/07 07:51 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

I don't know how much more of this I can handle

We are, as human beings, much more resilient and much stronger than we think. I know that you will get through whatever you have to, and you will come out alright when all is said and done.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#301951 - 03/10/07 07:24 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I think it's a personal choice. I have had one each time with both of my kids. The first time it was good because it really took the pain away. However I was so numb that I could not feel enough to push. I also suffered from tailbone pain for a year afterwards which they said was residual effect of the epidural. This time around I got one and only had it working on the right side. They didn't have enought time to fix it before she was born but I was able to feel when I needed to push. I am also again dealing with some tailbone pain. Everyone has different experiences with them. They do help take the edge off of the pain.

#301954 - 03/10/07 07:31 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hang in there Mary! I am sending some baby dust your way!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 483 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 86063

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review