All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Can some of you IBS mamas out there give me some advice? (No, I am not PG)
      #298690 - 02/01/07 09:40 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

My husband and I have, however, decided to start trying for our first. We've been putting it off for so long, waiting to see how things are going to go and where we would be. We have decided on spending the rest of our days in the Sacramento area to be near to family and because we feel like we're at home here. I have a wonderful job that I can bring a child along to and my husband has a steady job with excellent insurance. We make just enough and we don't want to wait anymore.

So, to the advice part. I've been reading all kinds of material on how you should do things before you get pregnant (diet, exercise, vitamins...) but what I am hoping is that some of you can give me some insight on what worked/works for you regarding IBS and pregnancy symptoms and just general "things-I-wish-I-would-have-known" type stuff that isn't related to IBS. Thanks all.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can some of you IBS mamas out there give me some advice? (No, I am not PG) new
      #298691 - 02/01/07 10:07 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Congrats on making the leap! Let's see... with my IBS I avoided prenatals with iron in them because they cause constipation. Little did I know I became slightly anemic. I guess you can't win. I also had even more gas than normal (awesome, huh?). Other than that, I didn't find that pregnancy made my IBS better (which I guess it does for some people), but it didn't make it worse either. I did get really terrible reflux, even worse than normal. There was nothing to do for that other than to sleep sitting up.

What did I wish I knew about pregnancy in general? Well, I had a pretty tough pregnancy. I was physically ok, but the hormones caused me to experience some pretty major depression. I actually hated being pregnant, and I feel much better now that I'm not. I worried that because I hated pregnancy so much I was going to be a bad mom and not love my son, but that ended up being ridiculous. I loved him intensely right away (well, I didn't get to see him for the first 10 hours of his life, but I still loved him).

I also wish I knew that it's possible to be eating very well and exercising and gain a ton of weight. My body just conserved every single calorie, which was frustrating. They tried putting me on various diets, but no matter what I ate I still gained a LOT. I wasn't prepared for that.

I wish I had stuck with an OB/GYN. I switched to a midwife run birthing center because I didn't like my first OB/GYN but that ended up being a disaster. In retrospect I should have found an OB/GYN and hospital that supported natural childbirth but had the medical facilities at hand in case an emergency arose. That's a personal choice though.

Oh, and I bought a huge body pillow (HUGE- it's horseshoe shaped and surrounds you entirely). I wish I had bought that earlier. And gone swimming frequently. I went swimming the last week of my pregnancy and it was awesome. I wish I'd done it throughout.

No matter what I tell you though, really the most important thing is that everyone's pregnancy is different. There's no way to predict what you might experience. That's similar to labor, where you can make plans but it's a total crap shoot you have NO control over. Realizing that what I wanted and what my body would do were two separate things was really hard for me but it's the truth.

Good luck!!

Re: Can some of you IBS mamas out there give me some advice? (No, I am not PG) new
      #298692 - 02/02/07 05:22 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Congrats on trying! My experience is different from chinagirl. I loved being pregnant because my IBS was better in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I could eat things that normally I couldn't like my mom's apple pie, real milk chocolate, pork, corn and some other things. I took my prenatals faithfully and I didn't really experience any more constipation than normal. I still took Acacia and that helped alot. Because I still didn't venture too far off the diet my weight gain was not that bad. With my first I gained 30 and with this one I gained 24. I also lost it all fairly soon afterwards. Breastfeeding has kept my stomach stable but now that I am not doing it anymore my stomach is back to it's yucky self! The first trimester was the worse for me and I had 3 weeks of D and then C. Gas wasn't too bad but I did have more. I just blamed it on the baby!! Overall I enjoyed being pregnant and like chinagirl said everyone is different!! Good luck!

No personal experience, but... new
      #298694 - 02/02/07 06:32 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Hi there!

I want to start trying soon too, but I am in the middle of tests for my sphincter issues so it will have to wait till I know what happens with that. Plus I currently have an iron deficiency so I am trying to figure out how to get the iron level back up without messing with the bowels too much.

Anyway, from what I've heard from my PhD supervisor who is currently pregnant with her 3rd child the only thing you can do is really to do the general stuff to prepare like prenatals and stuff and then take the plunge trying not to expect anything really. Because not only does it vary from one woman to the next but also from one pregnancy to the next in the same woman. It can be completely different every time.

Good luck!

/Ulrika, IBS-D

No advice but I can relate... new
      #298699 - 02/02/07 06:47 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I wish there weren't so many variables in pregnancy! I think the unknown is what scares me the most. I am at that point in my life where it's time to make a decision about kids. I think I've decided that I'm going to give myself the summer to relax and try to get in shape and then start trying to conceive. Maybe we can go through this together! Sometimes it scares the crap out of me and other times I find myself trolling websites for nursery ideas. I'm not generally an indecisive person so this is all a little new to me.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: No advice but I can relate... new
      #298701 - 02/02/07 06:53 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I too am trying for #1. Unfortunately DH and I are already on the fertility treatment path. My focus right now is not on the details of pregnancy, but on making myself as healthy as possible. I figure that's the best thing I can do for me and for a baby. I am taking a chewable multi-vitamin. I don't tolerate vitamins very well, but I think since it's chewable my tummy is ok with it. And I take extra folic acid. That is very important. Other than that just eat a healthy diet, try to maintain a healthy weight, and try not to stress. There is also lots of good info on the web. I've looked through a lot :P

I start my 2nd round of fertility drugs on Tuesday. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll work this time.

One last thing...there can be a lot of waiting involved, so try to have stuff to keep you occupied and not think about it. Good luck.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#298703 - 02/02/07 06:56 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I wish you and your hubby success in your fertility treatments. Both my sister and cousin have gotten pregnant via IVF this year. I hope it doesn't run in the family. My cousin's took on the second try and she just gave birth to a healthy, beautiful little girl. My sister's worked on the first try and she's due in early September.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#298714 - 02/02/07 09:16 AM
Mary_V

Thanks! We're not up to IVF yet. I'm just taking clomid to make me ovulate. Last month it didn't. This month I'll be taking a double dose. So we'll see!! I get an ultrasound on the 19th to see if I'm o'ing. If so, then we can give it a go!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: Mary new
      #298717 - 02/02/07 09:39 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Good luck with the clomid this month!! Have you guys talked any more about having hubby checked??

I have decided to stop the mtx injections. It takes at least 60 days to clear your system. We are talking about trying again this spring. I am trying not to get my hopes up, for us, getting pregnant is only a small part of the battle!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#298720 - 02/02/07 09:50 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi I loved being prego my ibs was not any differant the first trimester but the 2 and 3 was wonderful i could eat almost anything like pork and pizza and i craved coclate milkshakes and had one about 2 times a week. I say go for it me and my husband talking about trying for baby #2 The only thing I was I wish I would if done differant was worring! I worried so much but thats just me. I say just jump in and do it its better than in 10 or 15 years from now regretting it and wishing you would of! Good luck! Emmasmom

#298721 - 02/02/07 09:51 AM
Mary_V

That's great Michele!!! I hope you feel good enough to try again. I know how badly you want children. I can totally feel for you. It is very hard not to get too hopeful. I'm already feeling that again, even though I have to wait a few weeks yet for the u/s. Hopefully I won't be quite as disappointed this time if it doesn't work now that I've been through it once. But I am still hopeful.

No, we haven't checked out DH yet. We haven't even technically tried once yet! Since we know I'm not ovulating, we're starting with that. If we get that started and we still have problems, then we'll look into other possible causes I'm sure.

I start my double dose of clomid on Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to that. But it's worth it if it works!

--------------------
~Mary

#298740 - 02/02/07 12:10 PM
michele

Sounds like you guys have a good plan!! Just be ready in case the hot flashed hit!! As I said, they don't really hurt but are rather annoying! You might also get a headache and probably some abdominal pain closer to ovulation! Happy Baby Making!!

--------------------

#298742 - 02/02/07 01:26 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Congrats on your decision to try. May you enjoy every day of your journey there!

I started taking prenatals a few months before trying because of my age (37), it was extra important to get in that folic acid. The vitamins haven't been bad and didn't really make my C worse until the last few weeks (now in 2nd trimester). I'm doing Benefiber like crazy, other IF AND one colace at night and still dealing with it. Ouchy.

BUT, I've found that my tummy can tolerate a lot more right now. I still don't do dairy but with some Beano, I can handle a couple pieces of pizza now and again. Yes!

When you get pg and have your first dr. appt, they'll probably give you a copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" which is a great book. But, a couple months ago a friend bought me "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" and I have to say, I wish I had gotten that book before number one! It's filled with lots of things that no one will tell you about pregnancy...either because it's uncomfortable to talk about or because you just don't think to tell someone about it.

I haven't changed my diet much other than I can tolerate more now. I didn't have IBS with the other two (or not so severe) so I'm on a much better diet (Heather's) now and I think it's helped with my weight gain. When you go to your first doctor's appt after you get pg, they will tell you exactly what you should be eating to have a healthy baby.

They tell you not to start a new exercise routine after you get pg but you can continue what you're doing if you've already been exercising....or if you want, you can get started now. I will tell you though that in your first trimester, you may not want to do ANYTHING. I was sick (nauseated) and very tired. But I'm feeling much better.

I'm excited for you. Big hugs.
hehehehe

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

"The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" new
      #298754 - 02/02/07 04:16 PM
hohoyumyum

I have all of the "What to Expect..." books. Hubby and I have a ridiculously overstuffed library and those books are included in it. I'll have to pick up The Girlfriends Guide, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

--------------------

Re: "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" new
      #298777 - 02/02/07 10:40 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Yes, definitely pick up the Girlfriend's Guide. What To Expect is more traditional/conservative and Girlfriend's Guide is more laid-back and funny. I always liked comparing the two when I had a question.

My advice would be...

1. Don't stress over getting pregnant. The more you obsess over it, the harder it will be. Just relax and let things happen naturally.

2. Buy the body pillow the day you find out you're pregnant. You will NOT regret that purchase! I just got a regular body pillow from Walmart, and it was awesome. You will need something to support your growing belly!

3. Start taking prenatal vitamins now. I took Nutrispire (generic version of NovaNatal). I have not had any problem with them if I take them right before I go to sleep at night. I still take them because regular multi-vitamins are too hard on my stomach.

4. Start exercising now. Don't try doing anything too crazy... just get in the habit of a daily walk, and it will help you later. If you're already used to doing it, it won't be so hard to do it when you are pregnant and just want to lie on the couch.

5. Enjoy the journey! This will probably be the last time in your life that you will be just the two of you. Cherish it and enjoy each other and the process of growing your family. Parenthood is amazing, and I am completely and totally in love with our son, but I do sometimes have a hard time remembering what it was like to just be "us".

Good luck!!

Thanks gals. new
      #298778 - 02/02/07 11:26 PM
hohoyumyum

We're excited about making this decision and moving on together to a new phase of our lives. At the same time, though, we're so nervous and scared. We're leaning much farther toward the excited side, though.

--------------------

#298823 - 02/03/07 04:45 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Glad to hear you've made the plunge to start thinking about parenthood. I have two little ones that drove me nuts today but really they're lovely! lol Anyhow, vitamins are tough. You'll need to start before getting pregnant (about 3 months) and most made me nauseous or just "repeated." I finally did decent with one called Natachew that was a chewable but if it comes down to it, my doc told me that Flinstones would be fine if I really couldn't tolerate anything else. In retrospect, I should have probably just taken Flinstones b/c I wound up skipping my vitamin a lot on days when I felt awful.

As far as IBS goes, I know some people have worsened symptoms, but I was very lucky. I could eat dairy and pretty much anything I wanted once I was into my second trimester (except things that would cause reflux). I think this was b/c I was IBS-D and the baby's position, vitamins, and hormones made me constipated so it was a nice change and kept my bowels slowed down. Just my theory. I hope you'll be lucky too.

Also,FYI, I don't know if you have IBS anxiety, but I found that I was much more relaxed when I was pregnant b/c I felt like I had an excuse if I had to run to the bathroom or leave somewhere. No one is going to mind a sick pregnant woman! Good luck and keep the questions coming if you have more specifics.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

I second the swimming. When you are "big" it is the only back relief you can get. n/t new
      #298825 - 02/03/07 04:50 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Flintstone Vitamins new
      #298834 - 02/03/07 08:35 PM
hohoyumyum

I've never heard of anyone taking them in place of prenatal vitamins before. Thanks for the tip.

As for anxiety, it's really not a problem. I'm am wondering how my IBS will react but I'm trying not to worry about that for now. I'll figure it out when it gets to that point, I guess. Not much point in worrying about something that I don't even know will be a problem.

Thanks again.

--------------------

#298866 - 02/04/07 11:13 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi there!

Hubby and I are actually just starting this journey ourselves. I have been feeling really poorly the past few days: exhausted, diarrhea, etc., so I thought maybe I was pregnant. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm not, but I won't know until my period shows up--or fails to--on Tuesday.

Anyway, flipada mentioned this in another thread, but don't be too aggressive with trying to conceive. I've been charting my cycles for over a year, so I know just when I ovulate. I guess I became a little too "drill sergeant" like in my attempts to get hubby into bed, and he wouldn't put out for me! Just have lots of sex and enjoy, and don't pout if your husband doesn't feel like it one night! You might not think it's possible to get that reaction, but trust me, my husband is not usually one to turn sex down. If it can happen in our marriage, it can happen to anyone!

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

ChristineM new
      #298895 - 02/04/07 04:26 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

Just have lots of sex and enjoy

That's so funny. That's how we're handling it to begin with. I don't want to start off with all the planning and timing and such. Seems to stressful. In another 3, 6 months or so if we're not pregnant then we'll start with all the planning.

I noticed you're in southern Ca. I lived down there for years. Whereabouts are ya?

--------------------

Re: ChristineM new
      #298903 - 02/04/07 06:27 PM
ChristineM

Yes, I learned my lesson this month. I will be taking as laid-back approach as one can when one knows which day ovulation occurs. Statistically, 85% of couples get pregnant within a year, so I'm kind of taking the long view. It should hopefully happen sometime in 2007.

We're in Whittier, best known for the Whittier earthquake of 1987 and for being home to President Nixon's alma mater, Whittier College. It's kind of in south-east LA County, about 20 miles outside of downtown LA.

Where did you live?

--------------------
Christine

husbands and putting out... new
      #298905 - 02/04/07 07:06 PM
chinagrl

hah hah... this reminds me that I figured out I was ovulating one month and made my poor husband put out, even though he had a terrible cold/flu. But wouldn't you know, that's the month I got pregnant!

Re: ChristineM new
      #298910 - 02/04/07 08:33 PM
hohoyumyum

I lived in several cities in Riverside and Orange counties. I didn't spend too much time in or around LA county.

I miss the beaches down there. And the smell of ocean when I lived in Orange County. Just not the same at the coast up here.

--------------------

Re: husbands and putting out... new
      #298911 - 02/04/07 08:35 PM
hohoyumyum

Quote:

hah hah... this reminds me that I figured out I was ovulating one month and made my poor husband put out, even though he had a terrible cold/flu. But wouldn't you know, that's the month I got pregnant!

LOL, that's great! Good thing he worked through that cold.

--------------------

Re: husbands and putting out... new
      #298929 - 02/05/07 07:08 AM
Flipada

So seriously....they can all act studly and talk about how they would never turn it down but if you get all crazy about scheduling, it's pretty funny to see how many are ready for it to be over!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Not my husband.... new
      #298955 - 02/05/07 09:52 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

He has never ever turned down an opportunity for "alone time". EVER! The two months we spent actively trying to get pregnant were probably the best days of his life! (Every day and twice on weekends!)

--------------------

Re: Flintstone Vitamins new
      #298959 - 02/05/07 10:07 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thats funny my doctor just told me to take 2 flintstone vitamins instead if my vitmins started bothering me! I was a little worried about it but after reading this I might anyone else have anymore insite on this? thanks! EMMASMOM

Sheesh! new
      #298969 - 02/05/07 10:33 AM
Flipada

That's even more than my hub and me. We were told to go for every other day. So we did. But golly....I never thought that my hub would ever say HE was tired but...he did. Funny!

--------------------
**Lauren**

#298978 - 02/05/07 12:48 PM
michele

If you are worried about your vitamin level, your doc can write you a script for just folic acid, which is the important one and it doesn't have any side effects like the regular vitamins!! I am currently taking 3mg of folic acid on top of my prenatals!

--------------------

Re: Not my husband.... new
      #298994 - 02/05/07 02:06 PM
ChristineM

You know, it was the pressure that got to my hubby. He didn't like knowing that he HAD to do it, I guess.

--------------------
Christine

Re: A little bit late but... new
      #299007 - 02/05/07 03:52 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Folic acid for 3 months if possible before trying. Prenatal vitamins (check with Doc for good ones for IBS), and just focus on being happy and healthy. The rest will take care of itself.
As for those early nasty pregnancy symptoms, refer to Linz's pregnancy info on the EFI board. I put a lot of input through experience in that. Also, the what to eat when you can't eat anything is something to post on your fridge. Invest in a big box of soda crackers - with salt.
Good luck!
XO, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

You gals are too funny! n/t new
      #299015 - 02/05/07 05:08 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Thank you. new
      #299101 - 02/06/07 11:13 AM
hohoyumyum

You're such a sweetheart. With so many things going on you still take the time to think of other people.

--------------------

Re: A little bit late but...Yoda new
      #299139 - 02/06/07 03:32 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Yoda - How are you doing? I have kept you in my prayers - are you feeling better -Debbie IBS-C

#299272 - 02/07/07 04:13 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I'm taking the Flinstones for now and am currently trying to get pregnant. I think I might try to graduate to prenatal though because I think I am not quite getting enough if I am pregnant. I'm also taking a Folic Acid supplement with the Flinstones and Tums for the Calcium. I have a hard time swallowing big chalky pills so I will have to see what else is out there and if I can tolerate them.

Re: Thanks to you both... I'm hanging in... worst is yet to come. -nt- new
      #299318 - 02/08/07 07:59 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

ChristineM and teaching new
      #299324 - 02/08/07 09:01 AM
StephInSD

Reged: 02/08/07
Loc: Southern California

ChristineM, I noticed that you are a teacher. How does that work for you? I am a teacher too. High school. So it is not so easy to run to the bathroom if needed. Yesterday I let my last period go a few minutes early just so I could run (literally) to the bathroom.

P.S. My husband and I are going to try for a baby in May. Trying to schedule it to line up right against summer break. Crazy and unlikely, I know.

--------------------
Teaching, living and hanging out in San Diego!

baby making...new round new
      #299332 - 02/08/07 10:13 AM
Mary_V

Sounds like there are quite a few of us trying to have a baby or planning to start trying soon. Hopefully things go smoothly (and quickly) for everyone.

Today is day 3 of fertility drugs for me. No major side effects so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. DH and I really want to start a family, but things don't always go the way you plan.

I'm always willing to be a 'waiting' buddy for anyone. These 2 week waits are killer I never thought my life would revolve around AF and Ovulation.

--------------------
~Mary

Re: baby making...new round new
      #299383 - 02/08/07 05:19 PM
hohoyumyum

I didn't realize so many people on here were TTC, either. Though, it's really not something you generally want to shout out to the world like you would if you actually were pregnant. Still though, it's nice to have each other to talk to, especially for those of you who have been trying for a while.

--------------------

#299387 - 02/08/07 06:24 PM
ChristineM

Hey, Mary:

I hope these drugs help you! When are you going to O? I'm still about two weeks away myself. This is only our second month trying, so I'm trying not to get too obsessive about it...

--------------------
Christine

#299397 - 02/09/07 12:20 AM
hohoyumyum

We've been talking about how we want to do so many different things and what types of products we want to use. I don't want to have to sweat over little things later on so we've been making little decisions now for whenever we need to have them.

Among those are that we've decided, for economical and environmental reasons, to go the cloth diaper route. Anyone out there have a preference on brand and style? I've read reviews on all kinds of things but it would be nice to hear from a real person who has some hands-on experience.

I've been in childcare for so long that I have pretty strong preferences on most baby type products. But there are a few things that I haven't tried out. Cloth diapers are among them.

--------------------

#299404 - 02/09/07 07:20 AM
michele

A lot of you guys are relatively new. Back when I was going through the fertility treatments and stuff, there were also several others trying. We would title the thread Baby Making so those that weren't interested or possibility offended could just skip it! Although I can't imagine anyone being offended!! Good luck girls!! Its looking like it may be mid-summer or so before we really start trying. I guess it depends on what the docs say next week and how I feel!

--------------------

we're cloth diapering new
      #299409 - 02/09/07 08:16 AM
chinagrl

Right now we're using a diaper service. It's great not to worry about the laundry (there's enough of it anyway, and the house is a wreck). It's not more expensive than disposables either. I know a lot of people who use Fuzzibunz, but the all in ones tend to be too big for newborns. We might switch when he's a bit older. G diapers are brand new, so I don't know too much about them, but they might be worth checking out. For wipes we cut up an old soft flannel queen sized sheet into squares. We fill up an insulated coffee carafe with hot water in the morning and wet the squares as needed over a piece of tupperware. It's super cheap, better for the environment, and it's actually better for the child not to put chemicals or soap on his/her bum. Dries 'em out and gives them diaper rash more often. They reccomend olive oil to clean off the first meconium poos, but we didn't see those because he was in the NICU at that point. If you want to talk products though, I'd be happy to discuss what we bought (we're extensive researchers ourselves), what has worked and what hasn't.

We did all of our shopping spread out through the ten months. I have expensive tastes, so once I identified what I wanted we'd wait for sales, or eBay, or resale shops and get it for less.

Oh good Michele new
      #299410 - 02/09/07 08:21 AM
chinagrl

I'm so glad you haven't given up. I'll really cross my fingers and hope hard that the next time you try will be the one.

Re: Oh good Michele new
      #299412 - 02/09/07 10:21 AM
michele

Thanks chinagirl. I see both the neuro and the rheumy next week. I have already stopped several medications and after I see the doctors next week, hope to taper off a few more. I am still not physically real well but I think I am as good as I will ever get and my biological clock is ticking. No one seems to know why my hands and feet swell so bad. The lycria is helping a bit with the pain but I will have to stop that before trying to get pregnant. I am just going to have to tough it out and deal with the physical pain if I want a baby.

I am hoping to start some water physical therapy next week and start getting my body back in shape a bit first. It would be great if I could manage to lose a few pounds first as well!

If all goes as planned, I hope to see the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) maybe in May and get a plan together. I figure we will give it one more go around. We both agreed that we wouldn't go as far as the fertility injections and such but I know I will need to be on blood thinners and a few other things to help the baby survive my hostile body.

We would just go the adoption route right now if it wasn't so cost prohibitive. It makes me so sad and angry to know that so many children need good homes and yet they make it so difficult. I checked with the local social services and they said it was nearly impossible to get a healthy baby through them as the waiting list is so long and there aren't that many healthy baby's, most are crack baby's or have something serious wrong with them. I don't care what ethnic group they are but I do want a relatively healthy baby.

If I want to adopt an older child, that would be a different story and if things don't work out in the next year or two, we may decide to go that route.

A patient at my office waited two years and spent $30 THOUSAND dollars to adopt a little Korean boy. The baby is precious but I can't afford 30 grand.

--------------------

G-Diapers new
      #299431 - 02/09/07 02:10 PM
hohoyumyum

These are the one earth friendly diaper I've used and I really didn't care for them. They have a flushable insert inside of a vinyl type lining. You have to rip open the insert, flush the filling while you stir it in circles in the loo, then wait for the tank to refill and flush the outer part of the insert, and stir that too. Extremely time consuming and not low flow friendly. I noticed they seemed to cause a lot of rashes on the little girl I used them with and the insert just bunches up and doesn't do much. So she always had wet vinyl on her tushy. Though last I heard they were working on improving them.

I've read good reviews on the bumGenius 2.0 One size diapers. They're supposed to fit 8-35 pounds. But I always wonder about reviews, like how many of those reviewers work for the company.

I've heard the same things about Fuzzibunz, too big for newborns, great for older babies. I would love to able to find something that is great for newborn on up.

--------------------

Adoption new
      #299433 - 02/09/07 02:16 PM
hohoyumyum

A few years ago Dan and I initially were talking about whether we wanted to have our own or adopt. We decided against adoption for the time being because it's so expensive. I feel the same way, so many babies without homes and homes with out babies. And it doesn't make sense that it's so hard to put them together.

I wish you all the luck in the world, Michele. I hope that you are able to have your own someday. I can't imagine what it must be like for you. You're an exceptional woman to have been through all you have and still just be standing, let alone still fighting for and planning on the future. I don't know how many could do that.

--------------------

#320575 - 12/13/07 07:26 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

AngelaE,

I am so glad to here your pregnancy went smooth as we are going to start trying again for our first. What prenatals did you take?

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#320634 - 12/13/07 06:15 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I had to do a double take with this post because I wasn't sure if it was new or not! I took Prenate GT prenatal vitamins. They had a lot of iron in them but they also had a stool softner. I also took 2 additional colace at night to help. I took my prenatal at night since it seemed easier on my tummy. I started taking them way before we got pregnant to get use to them. HTH!!

Re:For Angela new
      #320662 - 12/14/07 06:35 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Thank you So much for responding. I realize now that the whole post came up and could be confusing. sorry

Were you C while preggo? You mentioned taking them at night so was this after dinner? or hours later before bed time? I have Gerd which has been alot better lately. But I was concerned if it repeats on me or bothers my belly it will bother my sleeping.

I want to start taking them this weekend. My doc gave me Prima Care with stool softner.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18943

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review