All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Mary new
      #298721 - 02/02/07 09:51 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

That's great Michele!!! I hope you feel good enough to try again. I know how badly you want children. I can totally feel for you. It is very hard not to get too hopeful. I'm already feeling that again, even though I have to wait a few weeks yet for the u/s. Hopefully I won't be quite as disappointed this time if it doesn't work now that I've been through it once. But I am still hopeful.

No, we haven't checked out DH yet. We haven't even technically tried once yet! Since we know I'm not ovulating, we're starting with that. If we get that started and we still have problems, then we'll look into other possible causes I'm sure.

I start my double dose of clomid on Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to that. But it's worth it if it works!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mary new
      #298740 - 02/02/07 12:10 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sounds like you guys have a good plan!! Just be ready in case the hot flashed hit!! As I said, they don't really hurt but are rather annoying! You might also get a headache and probably some abdominal pain closer to ovulation! Happy Baby Making!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Can some of you IBS mamas out there give me some advice? (No, I am not PG) new
      #298742 - 02/02/07 01:26 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Congrats on your decision to try. May you enjoy every day of your journey there!

I started taking prenatals a few months before trying because of my age (37), it was extra important to get in that folic acid. The vitamins haven't been bad and didn't really make my C worse until the last few weeks (now in 2nd trimester). I'm doing Benefiber like crazy, other IF AND one colace at night and still dealing with it. Ouchy.

BUT, I've found that my tummy can tolerate a lot more right now. I still don't do dairy but with some Beano, I can handle a couple pieces of pizza now and again. Yes!

When you get pg and have your first dr. appt, they'll probably give you a copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" which is a great book. But, a couple months ago a friend bought me "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" and I have to say, I wish I had gotten that book before number one! It's filled with lots of things that no one will tell you about pregnancy...either because it's uncomfortable to talk about or because you just don't think to tell someone about it.

I haven't changed my diet much other than I can tolerate more now. I didn't have IBS with the other two (or not so severe) so I'm on a much better diet (Heather's) now and I think it's helped with my weight gain. When you go to your first doctor's appt after you get pg, they will tell you exactly what you should be eating to have a healthy baby.

They tell you not to start a new exercise routine after you get pg but you can continue what you're doing if you've already been exercising....or if you want, you can get started now. I will tell you though that in your first trimester, you may not want to do ANYTHING. I was sick (nauseated) and very tired. But I'm feeling much better.

I'm excited for you. Big hugs.
hehehehe

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

"The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" new
      #298754 - 02/02/07 04:16 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I have all of the "What to Expect..." books. Hubby and I have a ridiculously overstuffed library and those books are included in it. I'll have to pick up The Girlfriends Guide, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" new
      #298777 - 02/02/07 10:40 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Yes, definitely pick up the Girlfriend's Guide. What To Expect is more traditional/conservative and Girlfriend's Guide is more laid-back and funny. I always liked comparing the two when I had a question.

My advice would be...

1. Don't stress over getting pregnant. The more you obsess over it, the harder it will be. Just relax and let things happen naturally.

2. Buy the body pillow the day you find out you're pregnant. You will NOT regret that purchase! I just got a regular body pillow from Walmart, and it was awesome. You will need something to support your growing belly!

3. Start taking prenatal vitamins now. I took Nutrispire (generic version of NovaNatal). I have not had any problem with them if I take them right before I go to sleep at night. I still take them because regular multi-vitamins are too hard on my stomach.

4. Start exercising now. Don't try doing anything too crazy... just get in the habit of a daily walk, and it will help you later. If you're already used to doing it, it won't be so hard to do it when you are pregnant and just want to lie on the couch.

5. Enjoy the journey! This will probably be the last time in your life that you will be just the two of you. Cherish it and enjoy each other and the process of growing your family. Parenthood is amazing, and I am completely and totally in love with our son, but I do sometimes have a hard time remembering what it was like to just be "us".

Good luck!!

Thanks gals. new
      #298778 - 02/02/07 11:26 PM
hohoyumyum

We're excited about making this decision and moving on together to a new phase of our lives. At the same time, though, we're so nervous and scared. We're leaning much farther toward the excited side, though.

--------------------

Re: Can some of you IBS mamas out there give me some advice? (No, I am not PG) new
      #298823 - 02/03/07 04:45 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Glad to hear you've made the plunge to start thinking about parenthood. I have two little ones that drove me nuts today but really they're lovely! lol Anyhow, vitamins are tough. You'll need to start before getting pregnant (about 3 months) and most made me nauseous or just "repeated." I finally did decent with one called Natachew that was a chewable but if it comes down to it, my doc told me that Flinstones would be fine if I really couldn't tolerate anything else. In retrospect, I should have probably just taken Flinstones b/c I wound up skipping my vitamin a lot on days when I felt awful.

As far as IBS goes, I know some people have worsened symptoms, but I was very lucky. I could eat dairy and pretty much anything I wanted once I was into my second trimester (except things that would cause reflux). I think this was b/c I was IBS-D and the baby's position, vitamins, and hormones made me constipated so it was a nice change and kept my bowels slowed down. Just my theory. I hope you'll be lucky too.

Also,FYI, I don't know if you have IBS anxiety, but I found that I was much more relaxed when I was pregnant b/c I felt like I had an excuse if I had to run to the bathroom or leave somewhere. No one is going to mind a sick pregnant woman! Good luck and keep the questions coming if you have more specifics.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

I second the swimming. When you are "big" it is the only back relief you can get. n/t new
      #298825 - 02/03/07 04:50 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Flintstone Vitamins new
      #298834 - 02/03/07 08:35 PM
hohoyumyum

I've never heard of anyone taking them in place of prenatal vitamins before. Thanks for the tip.

As for anxiety, it's really not a problem. I'm am wondering how my IBS will react but I'm trying not to worry about that for now. I'll figure it out when it gets to that point, I guess. Not much point in worrying about something that I don't even know will be a problem.

Thanks again.

--------------------

#298866 - 02/04/07 11:13 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi there!

Hubby and I are actually just starting this journey ourselves. I have been feeling really poorly the past few days: exhausted, diarrhea, etc., so I thought maybe I was pregnant. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm not, but I won't know until my period shows up--or fails to--on Tuesday.

Anyway, flipada mentioned this in another thread, but don't be too aggressive with trying to conceive. I've been charting my cycles for over a year, so I know just when I ovulate. I guess I became a little too "drill sergeant" like in my attempts to get hubby into bed, and he wouldn't put out for me! Just have lots of sex and enjoy, and don't pout if your husband doesn't feel like it one night! You might not think it's possible to get that reaction, but trust me, my husband is not usually one to turn sex down. If it can happen in our marriage, it can happen to anyone!

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review