All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Re: UPDATE #6 new
      #299078 - 02/06/07 08:33 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Hope the surgery goes well and that things improve for him.

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hugs and prayers for all of you. n/t new
      #299099 - 02/06/07 11:11 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Shell new
      #299157 - 02/06/07 06:52 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad and everything he is going through. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,

--------------------
Janey

UPDATE #7 new
      #299243 - 02/07/07 01:36 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK, I'm not sure what all was in the other updates, so I'll try to keep it short.....

Dad's kidneys are no longer working and he HAD started dialysis with a temp cath in his neck....which he later PULLED OUT (ouch) and then was restrained AGAIN....he had another temp cath put in his chest Tues and also the permeant one in his arm that will take 1-2 month to mature before he can use it...., he had a baby heart attack last Mon and due to long term untreated sleep apnea he has damage to his lungs, he will not use the BI-pap or C-pap machines (he is closterfobic) so, he is not getting enough oxygen. The Dr's said he was too big of a risk to put under for surgery.... they were afraid of him coding on the table and he would end up on a respirator and never come off of it. So......... he had a tracheotomy Tues also...it was/IS very traumatic and they ended up "putting him to sleep" for the night to stop the panic, coughing, & bleeding.... then they also put him on a ventilator, not because he NEEDED IT, but to help him relax for the night and let the clot form around the trach.... I went in to see him last night when he was still struggling to breath and with fear in his eyes (he can't speak for a week) he motioned for me to leave the room... I HATE SEEING HIM LIKE THIS!! A pacemaker was going to be put in on Wed, but they are holding off on that due to everything else he just went through. He also saw a Neurologist and will be seeing a speech therapist.... his words are slurred, but the therapy will not happen for another week since he will not be able to talk for a week after the tracheotomy. His blood sugar is better. His skin is breaking down and he has red rash like spots all over...that are also being treated. As of Tues morning..... since he was admitted on Jan 25th he has lost 44.4 pounds. He has not been out of the bed since last Tues 1/30...other then to be moved to the OR table. He had physical therapy one day for about 20 mins but it took 3 people just to set him on the side of the bed....and it did not last long... he is just too weak...

I will go there tonight and if he still does not want me to see him, then I will talk with Mom for a few and then get her to go home. She went to work last night for the first time (she works nights) and is sleeping now, but I'm sure she will be heading there soon....it is about a 40 min drive for her each way.... but she is off the next two nights.

There is more I'm sure.... but MY brain is all scattered...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: UPDATE #7 new
      #299244 - 02/07/07 01:43 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I keep thinking about you and your dad and hoping for the best. It is aweful when someone you love is so ill and you are helpless to do anything but support them. I'm going through the same with my grandma and mom right now.
I'll keep you and your dad in my prayers.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#299245 - 02/07/07 01:53 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I love you.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#299251 - 02/07/07 02:18 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, more love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#299265 - 02/07/07 03:45 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

*big hugs*, Shell. I'd do it in person if I could.

Thinking of you and your family....

#299295 - 02/07/07 07:05 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm here for you. If you need someone to talk to, shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you my number. hohoyumyum@hotmail.com

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#299311 - 02/08/07 06:26 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Ugh, trachs are nasty but they do their job. My dad had to have a trach when he had his tongue cancer surgery 2 years ago and it was uncomfortable and weird for him. As the person who got to sit with him in the hospital for the first few days, I got to learn how to not freak out when it bleeds (but do call the nurses).

I hope he can learn to put up with it...and that he gets it out real soon!

--AC

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 273 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 76521

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review