All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
does anyone else do this??
      #297167 - 01/18/07 02:37 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

on some days, I can just smell food and I'll have to run to the bathroom..I know I sound nuts saying that lol but has anyone ever heard of that?? I dont want to tell my dr cause i dont want him thinking its all in my head or something.. but just the other day i was walking through a craft store and I smelled those cinnamon things really strong..and five mins later I had to run to the bathroom.. or when i pass a restaurant and smell it really strong..I have to go then too.. I also have fibro so I smell stuff very easily for some reason but the dr said thats normal for fibro lol..but im just wondering has anyone else had this problem??

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I don't think this sounds all that odd. new
      #297185 - 01/18/07 03:39 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

As soon as you smell food, the digestive process starts. You salivate and your body thinks you're going to eat and then it starts up the whole process. Maybe your body thinks it needs to digest something even though you're not actually eating it and that gets your colon moving and before you know it, you need a toilet. Kind of like hearing water and having to pee, even though you didn't have to before you heard the water and you haven't drank anything recently. That happens to me all the time.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: does anyone else do this?? new
      #297186 - 01/18/07 03:41 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hey Rachelle!! Good to see you!

I don't have to go but I get waves of nausea from certain food smells - Chunky Chicken Jumbo soup for example - my assistant's lunches are usually very aromatic and make my stomache just churn. I don't know what you can do for yourself though, sorry. Maybe mention it to the dr. You could have a Pavlov's Dogs thing going on! Except instead of salavating, you have to go!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 904 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 793

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review