All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Jenny(Chinagirl)
      #296362 - 01/13/07 07:32 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

You had to have had that baby by now! I hope everything went smoothly. I don't have your email, otherwise I would have emailed you. If you get a moment, you can email me at gman2527@comcast.net
Would love to hear from ya and how you and baby are doing. Take care!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jenny(Chinagirl) new
      #296366 - 01/13/07 08:24 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yes! Here's hoping to a safe and smooth delivery. Let us know when you can how you are!!

Re: Jenny(Chinagirl) new
      #296613 - 01/15/07 09:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, baby update please!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Ollie is finally here... new
      #296783 - 01/16/07 09:19 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hi guys,

Thanks for asking. It has been a rough time around here. After being in labor for 20 hours, I had an emergency c-section as Ollie's head was turned to the left and he got stuck under my pelvic bone. When he came out he had severe respiratory distress and a highly acidic PH as a result. This damaged all of his organs. So he was rushed to the NICU. He stayed there for a week. I was on a feed him every three hours, pump every two hours schedule, so I have never been more exhausted in my life and I made myself sicker (yay!). My blood pressure just kept going up and up. Luckily, as the neonatal doctor says, all of the organs can heal themselves except for the brain. His liver damage is gone, his heart damage seems minor (and possibly not a result of the acidic state), and we're still not sure about brain damage. He might have a little tiny bit, but it's unclear, and if he does it won't be obvious to the naked observer, he'll just have some small developmental delays. We find out when we get another MRI next week.

After finally giving birth to him, I didn't get to see him for ten hours, which was awful. Then I didn't get to hold him for another 24, which was also awful. I got to start breastfeeding (and hold him!) but then he had a seizure and got taken off food. When he got put back on food it was bottle only for three days. Now we're finally back to breast feeding exclusively. I will never take for granted the ability to hold my baby whenever I want, or to change his diaper, or give him baths, because I had to watch the nurses do that for the first week and get permission to do so myself. Eric didn't get to hold him until he was 4 days old.

Anyway, we're finally home safe and sound (we got home the 12th, so I got an Ollie for my birthday!) and feeling much better. All the glue holding the wires and oxygen to Ollie's face had given him major baby acne, but that is clearing up, and my swelling (which got worse and worse in the hospital) is decreasing as well (I have ankles!).

Oh, and his full name is , and he weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 20.5 inches long at birth. He had to gain weight to get out of the NICU so he's already up some ounces.

Re: Ollie is finally here... new
      #296784 - 01/16/07 09:27 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

He is SO cute, Jenny! He's got quite a bit of hair already!

Wow, what a scare you guys have had. Glad to hear that everything looks like it's calming down and keeping my fingers crossed for you for next week's MRI.

What day was he born on?

--------------------
- Jennifer

#296785 - 01/16/07 09:38 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh Jenny how awful for you guys! I am so glad to hear that he is going to be alright. He is so adorable and what a trooper to go through what he had to. YOu take care of yourself and sleep when he does. Trust me that is the most important. Let whoever wants to help out as well!! Lots of love to your family!

#296791 - 01/16/07 09:51 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Oh wow what an ordeal! I'm sorry you had to go through such a scary experience. He is gorgeous. When was he born?

#296795 - 01/16/07 09:55 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh my, that must have been so scary! I am glad to hear that you are all home and doing pretty well! He really is a super cutie pie and I love the name Oliver!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Ollie was born new
      #296804 - 01/16/07 10:07 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Jan 5th at 5:33 am.

Oh my gosh!! new
      #296811 - 01/16/07 10:30 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Jenny---so sorry you had a rough time! That is quite an ordeal you and Ollie went through..I'm so sorry. My experience was a peice of cake compared to yours. But I'm just glad you and your son are both home and doing ok. I had pelvic bone issues too, which is why I had forceps used on me and Mia. Luckily for us, we didn't have to have a c-section.
I can't check that website from work for some reason, but I can't wait to check the pictures out when we get home.

Good luck with the breastfeeding, I had a really hard time at first but I'm SOO glad I stuck with it. It really is a great thing to do for your child. And pumping at work isn't so bad either!

Happy Belated Birthday! And isn't it funny to see your ankle bones again?? Take care, get some rest, and enjoy your time with Ollie. Like I'm sure you've heard a million times, it really does go by fast!!

Ginger

--------------------

#296830 - 01/16/07 11:51 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow! I'm sorry the delivery was so difficult. How scary! I'm glad Ollie's doing better and that you're all home now. He's a beautiful baby!

#296832 - 01/16/07 12:00 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Well congratulations!! I am glad you are alright after all of that! He is a precious little guy!

All my best to you!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#296844 - 01/16/07 12:53 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

oh, Jen... you guys have been through so much... but he is HERE!! how exciting!! I just love that last pic "good morning mommy"......

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: For heaven's sake! new
      #296877 - 01/16/07 03:49 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Wholly molly what an ordeal. I'm so sorry you went through so much. It's normally not that traumatic. Most important though, everything's ok and he's just beautiful. He looks perfectly healthy too. He looks bigger than I thought he would. He'll be just fine! Definitly looks like a fighter!!!!

I had to leave my first one in the hospital and go home without him for 2 days so I sort of know what you are going through. Mine was just jaundice though. Nothing life threatening. I can't imagine what you must have felt like though not being able to hold him right after he was born.
Well, now you can hold him every second of every minute!

Enjoy him and hope you are feeling rested real soon too!

Thanks so much for the pics and the update. I was gettin worried

Take care!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#296909 - 01/16/07 06:45 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh hon...so sorry you had such a tough time. Ollie is just so precious. I'm glad that with all that you two went through that things turned out well. I can't even imagine what you've been through. I hope for you to have some peace and relaxation soon.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

He's adorable, and I love the hair! --nt new
      #296914 - 01/16/07 08:24 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Wow new
      #296918 - 01/16/07 09:35 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

He is absolutely beautiful. I'm so sorry that the birth experience was so scary! Thank goodness that he's okay!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#297134 - 01/18/07 10:34 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

He is so cute! Sorry you had to go through all that. But I'm glad you're both doing better! Best wishes!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 244 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3983

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review