All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Uterine Fibroids/Laparoscopy?
      #295150 - 01/03/07 09:22 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Well, I finally have a (hopefully correct) diagnosis for all the pain I've been in the past couple weeks. Uterine fibroids. The ob/gyn says I have to have a laparosopy. It's going to be a "week or two" before they can do the surgery, & I can't work b/c of the pain. I've tried tylenol, IB, & now I'm on vicodin, but it just puts me to sleep. Has anyone else had fibroids or had this operation done? What should I expect? Is there anything you found that helped the pain?

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Uterine Fibroids/Laparoscopy? new
      #295171 - 01/03/07 01:23 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I am glad you have a diagnosis, but sorry to hear more surgery! I know the only thing that helps my pain is plain ol' morphine.
All the best until the surgery!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#295186 - 01/03/07 05:09 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I've never had to deal with uterine fibroids but I wanted to wish you luck on the surgery.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#295208 - 01/03/07 06:19 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

A few weeks back I actually wrote a giant laparoscopy tip post, so maybe you can find some helpful suggestions there.

Vicodin and Percocet both really helped me with pain. They can make you sleepy, but I was usually in enough pain that I never got very tired unless I was already lying down or something. Better to be asleep than in pain anyhow. Right now I take Tramadol for my bad days. It's a synthetic narcotic and doesn't work as well as the real stuff, but it's usually sufficient for my needs. It doesn't make me sleepy at all. A heating pad really helps too.

Good luck with the surgery -- I hope all goes well.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#295227 - 01/04/07 05:18 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Thank you so much! It helps to know the truth about the surgery. My ob/gyn told me I'd be able to go back to work in a week, but I'm going to tell my employer it may be longer than that, just in case. I'm still nervous, but I feel better about it than I did. And thanks to everyone for the well wishes!

(And I did a search for "uterine fibroids" but didn't find much. I didn't think to search "laparoscopy". Sorry 'bout that. )

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1343 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1691

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review