All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
top ten hiccup cures
      #295028 - 01/02/07 07:20 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

I've had the hiccups twice today so did a search and there was some umm interesting suggestions lol but some good ones too

1) breath deeply three times- I did this about four times and haven't hiccuped in 10 *hic* ooohhh mannnnn lol only joking I haven't in about 10 minutes

2) "Fill a cup with water, light a match and throw it in the water. Then drink the water". lol anyone who gives this a go let me know !!!:P and good luck to ya

3)"Have someone hold your ears tightly closed (by pushing up your earlobes)..."
hmm could give it a go but well... I don't want a damaged ear drum

4)"Take a lemon wedge and put Tabasco on it. Suck on it, and the hiccups will go away".-- yuckk

5)"The solution is pickles". - ooohh now we're talking I love pickles!! lol they tend to give me a sore tummy though so maybe not

6)"Close your eyes and concentrate on counting your pulse".-
well I haven't tried this one but it seems pretty reasonable

7)"Pour four to six ounces of water in a glass and cover with a paper napkin, hold the napkin tight around the glass and drink the water through the napkin without breathing".
LOL anyone ever drank without breathing? I just tried and it's very hard.... although it is very easy..... yes to choke

8)"One teaspoon of brown sugar". Tammy R.- a teaspoon of sugar makes the medicine go dowwwnn the medicine go down yes a ...EVERYBODY join in now.... lol

9)"Stand on your head for 1 hour". Sherry S. -then be careful you don't fall over when you try to stand up straight lol

10)"Drink 3 raw eggs". Will F.- hmm I think I'd rather have the hiccups thanks

hey look at that I managed to find ten

good luck finding the cure everyone
Love Vicky
xxx
p.s. please do not sue me in case of loss of eyebrows trying the match one or loss of hearing or permanant dizziness from standing on your head for an hour, or throwing up after drinking three raw eggs
But I do hope your hiccups go away

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: top ten hiccup cures new
      #295050 - 01/02/07 11:53 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

my uncle told me to drink 11 swallows of water without breathing. It works. It's the only thing that I ever tried that did.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Yeah, similarly... new
      #295055 - 01/02/07 12:04 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I hold my breath and take a sip or two of water. It always works.

Tabasco on a lemon? Raw eggs?? Eeeek. If those were the only cures, I'd keep the hiccups! Blech!

Stand on my head for one hour? new
      #295092 - 01/02/07 05:54 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I've never even had hiccups last that long. And I'd rather poke myself in the eye than drink even one raw egg. Yuck. I'm going to fall back on the old "have someone jump out and scare the crap out of you" bit as a hiccup cure. LOL.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Stand on my head for one hour? new
      #295131 - 01/03/07 12:05 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Although the scare tactic and the holding your breath can work, they aren't always reliable for me. My best remedy is to get a drink of water and hold it in your mouth. Put your head upside-down and swallow the water. Do this 2-3 times.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1059

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review