All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
endometriosis?
      #294328 - 12/21/06 05:20 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I'm waiting on the results of my CT scan. My GI doesn't think the pain in my abdomen is a GI issue, she thinks it's an ovarian cyst or endometriosis & wants my ob/gyn to do an ultrasound. I asked my ob/gyn about that a few mths ago, but he said he wouldn't do the ultrasound b/c endo usually causes diarrhea (I'm A-more towards C) & doesn't affect women on Depo Provera. Is there anyone out there who has had ovarian cysts or endo while on Depo? Not knowing is really stressing me out.

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: endometriosis? new
      #294367 - 12/22/06 06:49 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I've never been on Depo, but I have endo and just wanted to throw in a couple tidbits...

Endo does not cause D, and endo does not show up on a CT Scan or ultrasound. If it is endo, the only way to know is via surgery.

I also don't buy that women on Depo don't get endo - but I can't confirm that...

Just wanted to let you know these few things - your Gyno doesn't sound that great.....

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Endo new
      #294412 - 12/22/06 03:40 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I started Depo Provera to treat my endo. Depo's been a lifesaver for me, without it I'd lose about 6 days a month where I'd be doubled over with ripping endo pains. Tho I'd have a light period where I'd pass clumps of tissue (no real blood like i've heard it's supposed to be ), the pain was so intense I'd sequester myself in bed or on the toilet (it was hell for my D too).

I now take the SubQ (subcutaneous) shot every 3 months and get no endo, no periods. I cannot take estrogen because it makes my periods last all month and gives me migraines. I've been one one form of contraception or another since I was 14 to control the endo, and re: bc pills, I have tried all the Orthos, plus the mini-pill and a few others not available in the US (I was treated in France), but anything with estrogen gave me those side effects.

Other people have had the exact opposite problem: they can't take progesterone but can take estrogen. Welcome to the wonderful world of medicinal treatment through trial and error!

I have saved 72 days a year from the ripping endo pain that would otherwise have had me bedridden. I owe a lot to this particular drug. That's basically my story. Try a search with no time limits for some great pro and con posts from people who have tried it here. Best,

~nelly~

#294436 - 12/22/06 08:36 PM
Mystify

Reged: 12/20/06
Loc: Ontario Canada

Never heard of Endo just causing D as I suffer IBS C and D class. Endo causes D when it has attacked the bowels with its lesions. And everytime they put me on Depo I ended up with very large lesions. Depo Provera is a synthetic progestin and progestin's can cause ovarian cysts as well as cause a thickening of the endometrial lining. Raspberry Tea works wonders for the endo pain as well as the Vitamin B group and there is also a Bio Identical Progesterone called prometrium which benefits endo and ovarian cysts unlike the synthetics Progestins

#294540 - 12/24/06 06:41 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Thanks for the information! I'm going to look for the raspberry tea next time I go shopping. My ob/gyn never called me back Friday, so I'm looking for a new one now. Hopefully someone will be able to see me soon & get this straightened out. Happy holidays!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1153

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review