All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My daughter has Ibs 13 yrs old.... having very strong pains past few days on and off
      #293935 - 12/17/06 09:12 AM
Persie

Reged: 12/17/06

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My daughter has Ibs 13 yrs old.... having very strong pains past few days on and off new
      #293936 - 12/17/06 09:22 AM
Persie

Reged: 12/17/06

She has IBS since she is 11 yrs old. The gyno put her on Loestrin24 Fe to control her heavy periods. She has only been on this new pill for a few days. She has been having very strong abdominal pain. Could it be her system adjusting to the new pill or an intensifing IBS flareup?

Re: My daughter has Ibs 13 yrs old.... having very strong pains past few days on and new
      #293947 - 12/17/06 11:39 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

It could be either one. Often times, people have to try several different pills to find one that works for them. I'd talk it over with her doctor. My heart goes out to you and your daughter. I've had IBS since I was about 12. I'm 27 now. And I've been stable for only a year and a half or so. It was hard being the only teen that had to plan around bathrooms and I had no support at home.

There's always someone here to help. So be sure to ask all the questions you have.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: My daughter has Ibs 13 yrs old.... having very strong pains past few days on and off new
      #293954 - 12/17/06 12:49 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Stomach pain is one of the listed - and possibly serious - side effects for this birth control pill. web page You should call the doctor who prescribed it tomorrow and let him know your daughter is having serious abdominal pain.

Beyond that, the "FE" apparently refers to 4 "reminder" pills that contain an iron supplement. A lot of people with IBS have trouble tolerating any type of iron supplement. I don't know how much of this is in the reminder pills but you should discuss with your daughter's GI doc whether this could be a problem for her. If so - and if her gynecologist agrees - your daughter may want to skip the "reminder" pills to avoid aggravating her IBS more.

HTH. Welcome to the Boards and I hope your daughter feels better soon.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

good luck... new
      #294003 - 12/18/06 04:52 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I've had IBS since I was a teen and have NEVER found a BC pill that I could take (though others here have) without it either causing major issues with my IBS or other issues... which I wont' go into here... good luck! I am sure there is something out there, at this point there have been so many advances and changes in that drug technology since I last tried it...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: My daughter has Ibs 13 yrs old.... having very strong pains past few days on and new
      #294023 - 12/18/06 06:48 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

so far the best pill for me is one of the older ones its called triquilar,but that may be its canadian name, i try orthotricylin an dit gave me spotting and nausea. but i haven't tried any of the new ones.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1032 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1667

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review