All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
full bladder feeling
      #293911 - 12/16/06 01:50 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi,

Has anyone experienced that full bladder feeling. I urinate and then have that full feeling that I have to urinate again very soon afterwards. Thanks Debbie IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: full bladder feeling new
      #293913 - 12/16/06 02:32 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I had a paralysis disease as a child so I can't empty my bladder in the normal way (I have bladder retention and have to use the abdominal muscles to empty the bladder). Though I rarely had to go often before I got IBS. The last few years though I have noticed that my bladder is much more sensitive and I often feel like I need to empty the bladder again soon after I've emptied it.

I've read that over sensitive bladder and pain in the genital area during sex or at other times are associated symptoms to IBS.

If the feeling is new to you I do suggest however (even if there is little or no pain associated with the bladder emptying) that you check if you might have a UTI of some sort, just to be on the safe side. Sometimes an ovarian cyst can also lead to a feeling that the bladder fills up quickly since a cyst can take up room near the bladder. So maybe you should have that checked too just to be on the safe side.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#293916 - 12/16/06 03:25 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah, I'd have that checked out. Feeling like you have to go poo after you go is fairly standard with IBS, but I've never read about feeling that with urinating. Sounds to me like a urinary tract infection. But, I'm not a doctor, and YMMV.

#293921 - 12/16/06 06:01 PM
cloudidays

Reged: 12/10/06
Loc: Chicago,ILL

If it's any consolation I had that feeling while I was at work and as soon as I came back from the bathroom I felt I had to go again. No UTI

#293922 - 12/16/06 06:12 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Thank you - I went and had a urine test and apparantly they said no bacteria and they are waiting a day to see if any grows. I did have red cell and white cell and the Dr. believes that I have that from the IBS acting up - he also beleives that my bladder is being irritated by my bowel. I did have this many years ago before my IBS was diagnosed but I prayed that it was long past me. I am feeling very very hopeless at this moment. Debbie IBS-A

#293923 - 12/16/06 06:17 PM
cloudidays

Reged: 12/10/06
Loc: Chicago,ILL

You know it's times like this that we all have to remember that the only thing in life that doesn't have a solution is death (or is it IBS Just Kidding). Look on the bright side at least we won't die because of it. Good luck and hope you feel better.

#294165 - 12/19/06 04:20 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

Hi, I had that problem so bad when my IBS started that I thought there was something wrong with my bladder. I actually went to a urologist b/f seeing a GI! I still have it sometimes but not as much. My symptoms are so twisted there is never telling what I may feel. Luckily I went a few days w/o symptoms but I am right back to symptoms today. Oh well, it's all still new to me so I'm learning.

Good luck.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 746 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1211

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review