All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
im new and desperate
      #293073 - 12/10/06 12:43 PM
alexisb

Reged: 12/10/06

Hi, i'm 24 and married for 1 year. My IBS-D came on a few months before i met my husband..one of the hardest parts about it is that he doesnt understand my anxiety or urgency!! i usually just use the front of me being a home-body, but reality is that i hate shopping, movies, restuarants etc because of my ibs! His parents are taking us to Hawaii this march and i am absolutely dreading it..the last time we went to the airport and had to park in long-term and wait for the shuttle to come get us, i got extreme anxiety and there are no bathrooms until you ride the bus for several minutes are it loops around the airport stopping several times to pick up other people!! i barely held it til we made it to the airport! so, needless to say i am terrified to do it again, and want to get help asap!! my dr couldnt get me in until mid-january, the last time i went he prescribed me some muscle relaxer thing that didn't help a bit. i am practically addicted to immodium as a preventative measure when i have to go out. i just ordered the starter kit and this sight makes me think there may be some hope for me!! oh yeah.. another thing, my in laws want to stay in hawaii for 7 days, which means 7 days of eating out (at restaurants that you walk to..) riding bathroom-less boats around in the ocean for hours, taking hikes w/several people around and obviously no bathrooms.. i am not sure what to do about this, if i should say something about my inability to go anywhere without a bathroom, and totally hamper their trip..if i should back out now.. or if there is something i can do..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: im new and desperate new
      #293079 - 12/10/06 12:54 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hello. When you get your kit, read through all the info and follow the diet correctly. You can even start the diet now before receiving your kit. You might also want to try the Hypnosis for IBS that is sold on this site. many people with IBS anxiety issues have had good results with it, and the program can be repeated too.
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

#293088 - 12/10/06 01:28 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Alexis, welcome to the boards.

I'll get the ball rolling but you will probably get more replies if you post this on theDiet Board as it gets more traffic.

Lots of people on this site take wayyy more immodium than is recommended & it has really helped them.

Do a search for travelling for travel tips, there are loads here to help you get through it. Most people find that the more prepared that they are (like by bringing food that they can eat with them, checking out menus in advance etc) the more calm that they are.

As regards your husband, you are going to have to get him to appreciate your condition. There are some great threads already about this which you can find my searching- here's one of them that might help
thread about family

Best of luck

S.

--------------------
S.

#293089 - 12/10/06 01:28 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi welcome to the bored. I think this is one of the hardest things to live with. I have lived with mine about 8 years now and just found this site a few months ago. I second read the info on here and start doing what it says. You may feel better by the time your trip comes around in march and if you decided to go do what you have to do to keep from getting sick try not to be embrassed about it I know its hard but its your body and its better than being sick. Take care and goodluck. ~Sheila

#293160 - 12/11/06 08:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ask your doctor for a script of lomotil, its similar to Imodium but stronger, its a prescription and is working well for me. Be sure to learn the rules of the diet before you go, making better food choices will help.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 445 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1468

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review