All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP NEED TO HAVE A BM ASAP!
      #292318 - 12/03/06 07:43 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

HI I NEED SOME HELP I HAVEN'T HAD A BM FOR 3 DAYS EVER SINCE I CUT READ MEAT OUT OF MY DIET MY C HAS GOTTEN WORSE. I DN'T TAKE ANY FIBER SUPPLMENT AFRAID OF IT MAKING ME SICKER OR GIVING WORSE GAS THAN I HAVE. PLEASE HOW DO I HAVE A BM AND KEEP ON THE RIGHT PATH? AND IS IT OK TO TAKE THESE FIBER PILLS WITH PRE-NATIALS? PLEASE ITS GETTING OLD AND SOMEWHAT SCARY. THANKS SHEILA ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP NEED TO HAVE A BM ASAP! new
      #292342 - 12/03/06 09:55 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I take Fiber with my pre-natals without a problem. You need to get a fiber supplement. I've found the Acacia or my Benefiber (still the old formula) work better than my fiber pills. I've gone 5 days without so I know what you're feeling. At this point, don't worry so much about your gas, and get some fiber into your diet.

Good luck!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#292344 - 12/03/06 10:19 AM
emmasmom

thanks for replying do you buy the benfiberin the pill or powder? I 'm m not on pre-natals yet but we want to start trying again and i just not sure what to do and afaid that with my stomach being like it is we won't get prego. any advice thanks~ Sheila

Fiber, etc. new
      #292360 - 12/03/06 04:19 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I buy the powder. However, I did read that there are some concerns on the Diet board about the new formula of Benefiber. I haven't paid much attention to what the ingredient is that is giving people trouble. I haven't bought any of that yet. I had bought two big jars of it and still have plenty to go. I put it in my hot tea in the morning. I do really well with it. ***Also, drink as much water as you can. It's terribly hard for me to drink a lot but I find when I do drink more, things pass through easier!

As far as getting pregnant is concerned, I don't think one think has anything to do with the other. If so, I don't think I would have gotten pregnant...and well, I am. The prenatals I've been taking (dunno what they're called) are doing fine by me and I'm taking extra Calcium to supplement what I'm not getting by not eating dairy.

Good luck with the tummy....in every way.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: thank you for being so sweet new
      #292364 - 12/03/06 05:14 PM
emmasmom

thank you for being so sweet and for listening! It means alot to me! your kids are lucky! God bless ~Sheila

#292387 - 12/03/06 08:29 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hi, earlier today I answered your question on the diet board. Good luck.

I had one! NOW WHAT DO I DO???? new
      #292450 - 12/04/06 01:05 PM
emmasmom

I finely had a bm this moring thank god! Ok now that i had a least one, what do i do now to get keep this undercontrol and i don't have to go another 4 days again. Do i start taking some citacel or benfiber or not I have having some horribale gas right now. Thanks for all the help to everyone! xx Sheila

Re: I had one! NOW WHAT DO I DO???? new
      #292452 - 12/04/06 01:25 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Are you following Heather's diet? Not the "Breaking the Cycle" diet, but her regular one that has insoluble fiber in it?

Have you read her newsletters about constipation? They pretty much summarize all the things you need to do.

You can also start reading the "IBS Diet" forum once you read some of Heather's stuff. There's lots of IBS-C people there who can help you with the fine points of things.

--AC (IBS-C, now both regular and stable!)

Drink a Coke or very warm water with lemon! --nt-- new
      #292647 - 12/06/06 05:46 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Drink a Coke or very warm water with lemon! --nt-- new
      #292648 - 12/06/06 06:06 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I found something called Natural Calm Mama that is a mag citrate mix with some extra vitamins tossed in. Works really well to keep you going and it's specially formulated for pregnant moms.

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and my doc has me on Dulcolax. Those work really well, but that's just me.

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1436

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review