All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does anyoneone else get worse as the day goes on?
      #291163 - 11/24/06 06:32 PM
karl

Reged: 11/15/06
Loc: USA

I am usually very good in the morning. I almost always have a bm, I can eat a big breakfast, my stomache hardly ever bothers me...then the day goes on and it steadily gets bad and by evening I usually have trapped gas, pain, bloating etc, then the next morning I'm fine again. Is this unusual? Seems like more people are more sensitive in the morning than in the evening.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyoneone else get worse as the day goes on? new
      #291211 - 11/25/06 08:52 AM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

I am worse starting in the middle of the night through about 9am, just for the sake of survey.

I don't know if it just depends on the person or what.

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#291221 - 11/25/06 09:28 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

I fall into the same pattern as you do in a way - fine in the morning - good BM and then midday I have the trapped gas until early evening (I drink fennel tea to help it) and it usually dissipates by late evening and then I am fine in morning again. Funny that you posted that as I was just thinking that I was odd as most people do say they are worse in morning. Debbie IBS-A

#291227 - 11/25/06 10:12 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I used to be kinda both. Problems settling my stomach in the morning, but usually after breakfast I'd be ok. Then fine the rest of the day but after dinner I would have more problems. As I got stable this didn't happen anymore, I only have symptoms if I'm stressed or eat something bad.

That being said, it could also have to do with what you're eating during the day. I tend to eat more in terms of portion, IF, veggies, fat etc at night, which could cause more symptoms. Breakfasts and lunches are usually smaller and safer meals.

--------------------
Kat

#291539 - 11/27/06 09:16 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

I use to have that problem but as I increased my Acacia dose and introduced a digestive enzyme to my diet the problem has decreased significantly. I am very strict about the IBS diet and that has turned me around BIG TIME. There was a time a few months ago that I was in so much pain that I could barely move.

Also, if you haven't already you may want to be tested for an overgrowth of bad bacteria (small intenstine bacterial overgrowth). Sometimes that plays a role with IBS patients and your doctor may be able to put you on antibiotics that will help to treat that and help with the gas and bloating. I just finished a round of Rifaximin a few weeks ago and much of my gas and bloating has gone down. I may need to take another two doses over the next few months (7 day doses).

Best,

Sufiya

#291556 - 11/28/06 06:06 AM
karl

Reged: 11/15/06

I'm getting much better the more I stabalize. I started chewing fennel seeds which has really helped as well as the probiotics I started taking a few weeks ago.

#291651 - 11/28/06 12:41 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

My trouble times were always after supper. If I ate one thing wrong during the day it would always hit me after supper.

I would always have to stay home during the evenings most times..because it was always the trouble time.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: I'm definitly opposite! new
      #292061 - 11/30/06 04:44 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04

I'm worse in the morning until mid morning. Then I eat lunch and am usually ok then by dinner I"m fine and can eat pretty much anything and not be effected UNTIL.....the morning and the whole process starts back up again. I do take Bentyl approx. 30 minutes before I eat. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Funny thing is, I take it before breakfast and lunch only. I don't have a need for it before dinner. Perhaps you could look into a prescription for Bentyl too so that by the end of the day you are feeling good. It basically slows down the contents in the bowel so that it doesn't come out too soon. That is if you are "D". Sorry, I should have asked that in the beginning!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#292072 - 11/30/06 07:41 PM
celestial7381

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Everett, Washington

I am usually ok in the morning if I get enough sleep. But yes after lunch that is when my symtoms start and usually last for the rest of the day.

celeste

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1823

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review