Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Yet another stranger update!
      #291050 - 11/23/06 12:34 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Hi all

Wow - looks like I've missed some pretty deep stuff on here?!

Shell - OMG, what you went through was unreal. You are SO tough girl! I would've just fallen apart, I know it. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, every anniversary, and that those a$$hole$ will be released EVER, never mind in 5 years. Stay strong!

Casey - I'm sure you're nor around, but my deepest sympathies. I hope you're doing ok, I can't imagine how you're feeling.

Michele - you continue to amaze! How one person gets lumbered with so much crap is beyond me, particularly such a great person. Life truly does suck sometimes. How you doing so far this week?

Cassandra - I'm sorry about what happened to your foot, and that the idiot at the hospital just sent you home. How you doing today? All the fuss of not getting your foot wet, etc etc, must be driving you crazy! Hope you're feeling ok.

Shannon - look at you girl!! You're looking great! So nice to come on here and find you're doing good, and someone who deserves you is making you happy. Sorry you & K have been poorly this week, but hopefully you're doing a bit better now. Can tell you're happy - your eyes are all sparkly!

Everyone else - hiya! Hope all is well with everyone.

So..............

What's new with me? Not much...

Still working at my new job - OMG just realised I've been there over 6 weeks, it's SO flown by!!! Everyone I work with is lovely, my boss is great, and I enjoy my work. I'm still sharing an office with my boss at the moment, but all that remains to be done in my office is carpet, so hopefully should be in it next week. (Had to rely on my boss to get it done, so it's taken weeks too long...)

I've been doing great tum-wise (until this week) - I've only had an IBS-tum twice in the 6 weeks, and have been feeling great at work. The journey's to and from work (between 40min and 60min, depending on time of day) have almost become 'easy', 'routine', and I'm not panicking about them at all. I've been on a 5hr round trip to London to see a v important customer, and got through it ok - despite sharing a car with my boss, and my tum being somewhat unco-operative... I've been to a tradeshow lasting a couple of days, also in london, and although my tum was TERRIBLE (I had a bug, which of course was bad in itself, and made my IBS play up for the first time in ages) I made it through - even did a good job, sold a lot of product, rekindled some old business relationships & met up with some of my old colleagues, all of whom were miserable at working where I used to work. I felt great by comparison!

Then on Tuesday this week I presented to our sales team and a few others, and despite the tummy bug lingering I made it through and presented my section, though I did have to go home at lunchtime afterwards as I felt SO poorly.

That was this Tuesday, and I'm still off-work - doc thinks it's probably a water infection, as I have a bit of cystitis-like pain too, waiting for the results, but also because my blood pressure was way low & my heartrate too fast he's referring me for blood tests for aneamia, diabetes & thyroid trouble (had all 3 tests before, 18 months ago, but apparently it can change in that relatively short time), as well as an ECG on my heart.

So, other than the fact I've crashed on the sofa and have eaten a bag of chocolates (I felt crap anyway - so thought 'sod it'!!) that have created a rather large buddha-belly, I'm doing pretty good!

Oh, Jamie's cool too, though he's finally had enough of his hidiot boss and is looking for a new job. My nan's are doing slightly better, though one of them is being taken back into hospital this week to feed her up on a drip as she still refuses to eat less than tiny, tiny amounts each day.

Oh, and I've lost a little bit of weight! Only a little, but it's a start. My pedometer tells me I've gone up from around 200/500 steps a day when I was at home every day, to between 2000 and 7000 depending on my day, which probably accounts for the slight weight loss. AND I joined a gym near work last week, and as soon as I'm feeling human again I shall be going for my induction.

Can't wait! Life is, generally, quite good. We have a plumber in working on our new luxury UPSTAIRS (!) bathroom, and it should be done in a couple of weeks (he's off on holiday for 5 days next week, hence the delay) and I can't wait for that either.

Right, I'll shut up now, and go and hog the toilet for a while, for the chocolate-munching fall-out...

Love to all of you, and love to all of your tummys, hope they're doing ok...

Blondie xx (or rather, um, half-Blondie, half-Brownie, considering my new hair colour... )

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yet another stranger update! new
      #291058 - 11/23/06 05:26 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

You sound great, babe! I'm SO glad the tum is easing up a bit. Mine has hardly bothered me lately.

And glad work is good.

By the way, i'm not dating the "guy" right now but we were and are broken up for now to find ourselves outside each other, then to reunite for what I think will be somehting spectacular.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Hey Stranger!! new
      #291059 - 11/23/06 05:31 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Caroline, you sound AWESOME!!! I can't believe you're even the same person from a few months ago who couldn't go out because of your attacks - now almost 6 weeks with a good tum!! WONDERFUL!! I was smiling through your whole post! I can't tell you have happy I am for you and how much you deserve such great progress both with your ibs and your job!! HURRAY!!! I'm hoping whatever bug you do have is just a bug and nothing else the doc is checking for.
And I hope your nan improves too. It's so hard when someone you love is in hospital. My mom isn't well right now and I know I'm a wreck everytime she has a bad spell.

Thanks for the well-wishes about the foot. It is coming along - almost walking on it now! And the incision is healed over again. I'm looking forward to no crutches more than anything else. And driving too - then I can scoot to my mom's and check on her whenever without bugging Thomas.

Again, I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well!!!!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Yet another stranger update! new
      #291390 - 11/27/06 08:35 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey, this is wonderful news!!! Congrats! So glad to hear your new job and everything is going so well!! Happy Dance for Blondie!

I was off-line for the holiday but will post an update a little later today!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Brownie/Blondie new
      #293085 - 12/10/06 01:11 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Caroline
You sound fantastic! This isn't the girl who was too ill to go to the shops, honey you are back! Love the new hair pics on your blog too. Don't be a stranger!

xx

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 337 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1964

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review