Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Going to see a naturopath today - Nervous, Long Drive
      #290847 - 11/21/06 11:58 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

I know I haven't been posting much, I have been having a really hard time lately with my stomach as well as with really severe anxiety.
I get most nervous about being on transit/in the car, stuck in traffic.
I am going out to see a naturopath that my supervisor at work recommended to me and I am leaving in about half an hour. The appointment is two hours long, so once I am finished it will be heavy traffic. I thought Adrian would be coming with me so we could use the carpool lane which is much faster, but he took a last minute trip to Arizona and is gone all week (which has me even more anxious).
Please send good thoughts my way, my whole body is shaking and I have taken two doses of immodium but am scared to eat anything. My stomach has been so unpredictable lately and immodium seems not to be working as much as I am relying on it so much.
Will update about what the naturopath says also when I get back.
Wish me luck!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to see a naturopath today - Nervous, Long Drive new
      #290849 - 11/21/06 12:16 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Take a few deep breaths and relax!! Good luck and will be looking for the update!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Thanks Michele - Trying to relax now before I head out! -nt- new
      #290850 - 11/21/06 12:20 PM
Stephie

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Going to see a naturopath today - Nervous, Long Drive new
      #290859 - 11/21/06 01:00 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

good luck sweetie..... keep up posted .... Shane & I think of you often!! {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Didn't Even Make It To The Office new
      #290864 - 11/21/06 01:25 PM
Stephie

Hi all,

So I was driving along the highway, flying along and then all of a sudden everything stopped. Not even slowed down - stopped. As we inched along, I gave up the first two opportunities to turn around, determined to get there.. But as it got more and more backed up, and I realised it was probably something that happened on the brige, my building anxiety attack came on full force and I took the next opportunity to turn around and come home. By this time, it was already five minutes until my appointment was due to start. I called and said about the traffic and that I have anxiety, and need to turn around and the woman sounded suprised, but said to call back and she would book another apointment for me, and thanked me for calling. By the time I got turned around, the other side of the highway that I'd been on was backed up for another 4 exits - I must have hit it just after something happened.
I feel like such a failure. I have been waiting weeks for this appointment, and my supervisor at work knows I am going today and will ask me about it.. and my parents.. and my boyfriend. I know they'll all not understand and think I just didn't want to go.
I just couldn't handle the thought of being stuck on the bridge - it's a long bridge!
Thanks for the well wishes Michele and Shell, I wish I had something else to update about.

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Didn't Even Make It To The Office new
      #290901 - 11/21/06 06:41 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Stephie,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to make it to the office today. I totally sympathise with your fear of being stuck in traffic. I have UC and even though I am stable now that is one thing that I still struggle with. Is it possible to get an appointment at the office on your day off and at a time that doesn't involve rush hour traffic. I think a few appointments at a safe traffic time could really help to give you some small successes that could help you to build up your confidence about travelling in traffic.

I hope they're able to accomodate you at the Naturopath's office. I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry about what everyone else thinks. You have to do what's right for you and if you were too sick to make it to the office then your family, Adrian and your boss have to realize that.
Take care of yourself.
Jenn

Re: Didn't Even Make It To The Office new
      #290934 - 11/22/06 07:30 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Please don't feel like a failure. Yo can not control traffic and even someone without extreme anxiety would have been uncomfortable in a situation like that. Let it go and move on. Reschedule your appt and think positively about the future! Love and hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2065 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1515

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review