All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Newbie with major pain
      #290530 - 11/18/06 01:16 PM
Aussiegirl

Reged: 11/18/06

Hi all, glad to find a message board. I was wondering if any of you have had an episode of IBS that lasted for more than a month and continued to worsen even with a change of diet? I've been to the doctor and his exam showed nothing dangerous but an inflamed colon. He didn't say I had IBS and I've had no tests. The pain has been steadily increasing over more than a month to the point where I'm in agony 24 hours a day and can't sleep. I'm nearly dead. The doctor wants me to take Cipro because he thinks I have some intenstinal bug, but I've been reluctant to try that. However the pain keeps getting worse even though I've followed all these guidelines and other sensible eating for weeks and weeks now. I've had mild bouts of what might be termed IBS but never anything that lasted this long or was this severe. I'd compare the pain to the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life. It seemed to coincide with eating a steak and cheese from a local deli, but also seemed to go along with some post-menopausal bleeding brought on by HRT. I'm thinking that these symptoms are too severe to be IBS, or has anyone else experienced a continued worsening of symptoms regardless of diet changes? Thanks so much.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Newbie with major pain new
      #290537 - 11/18/06 02:59 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Welcome to the boards. Sorry you're in so much pain. If you're eating steak and cheese, that definitely could be the trigger. FHave you looked around the site at all and read about the Eating for IBS diet? Take some time to do that. Try posting again on the Eating for IBS board. This one is pretty slow on the weekends. Hope you find some help.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Newbie with major pain new
      #290612 - 11/19/06 02:42 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Yeah, stay away from the steak and cheese. Try the diet, but also encdourage your doc to do a more complete test for Chrohns or ulcerative colitis, especially if he suspects something's going on in your colon.

Good luck. Been there. It sucks. Take care of yourself. No steak, OK?!

----------------------------

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 326 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 791

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review