All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Arrgh- major attack while majorly pregnant
      #290482 - 11/18/06 04:24 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hi all... just posting because I've been up all night with a horrible IBS attack and I can't take anything, use a heating pad, or anything because I'm pregnant.

I just have to tough it out. I figure being up with terrible stomach cramps is just practice for labor, right? Except during labor my husband is supposed to keep me company and right now he's soundly asleep as he's been all night. Lucky him.

This is my fault anyway. I changed my routine, ate a huge fancy dinner, added the extra stress of family and travel at 8.5 months pregnant I should have known what I was bringing onto myself.

Anyway, I wanted to whine for a minute and this seemed to be the best place to do it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Arrgh- major attack while majorly pregnant new
      #290483 - 11/18/06 04:54 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

That stinks! I have had a few of those while pregnant. They are not fun! Try to take it easy on your tummy the next couple of days and relax. To be honest labor pains are better because at least you get something wonderful in return for all the pain! Here's hoping your tummy is better today!!

#290484 - 11/18/06 05:14 AM
chinagrl

Thanks Angela. I will definitely be being much more careful about what I eat for the next few days... And yeah... it's too bad we don't get some kind of prize for surviving IBS attacks like we do for labor. At least a sticker or something.

#290492 - 11/18/06 07:37 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I hope you're feeling better today. I've been eating whatever will bring on an attack to try and start labor hehehe. I had pumpkin cheesecake yesterday and we had spicy turkey burgers with cheese in them that Rachel Ray mentioned to possible bring on labor. Today is my nephew's birthday party and they are having pizza, wings and of course cake and ice cream. I am so looking forward to that. My midwife suggested spicy food to cause d, since that can make your uterus contract. Well, spicy food doesn't seem to bother me. Normally I am fine getting past 40 weeks and I get frustated with moms who start complaining at 35 weeeks that they need to have their baby but I am feeling ready and anxious to get this over with. I'm so anxious about labor, the first few weeks of the baby's life and dealing with 4 kids, 2 that I have to drive down the street to catch the bus and pick them up everyday. Yup, winter should be fun bundling up a toddler that is stubborn and newborn. Our lives in general are already in an uproar so let's bring on some more !

#290495 - 11/18/06 08:02 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh, I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I know what you mean about being ready. My first was late. Instead of inducing me at that time, they decided they must have had my due date wrong! Not the thing to tell a lady when she's past due!

Well, I sure hope you're feeling better today. Enjoy the food while you can. I'm finding that I can get away with a little more than usual now, but not much.

Big hugs.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#290522 - 11/18/06 10:47 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

So Heidi am I going to beat you with having the baby by being induced on the 29th?? It's a race to the finish and I am with you about being totally ready. Last night she was kicking me so hard in my ribs while I was trying to sleep. Plus my skin is just so sensitive right now. Especially the area from by chest to the top of my belly. She has really dropped alot in the past week so now her head feels like its right there!!! I can't imagine having 4 little ones. We might have 1 more but if I could be a stay at home mom then I would probably have 4 kids. Oh well I'll be happy with another healthy baby!!!

#290525 - 11/18/06 11:16 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I think you will beat me but maybe they will share the same birthday? I've never gone early and I keep thinking maybe Dec 3rd. I guess we shall see. So far I have only started to thin lol. Good luck with your induction. I can't wait to hear all about your little girl.

#290557 - 11/18/06 07:51 PM
chinagrl

Hmm... I don't know if I would take an IBS attack to get Ollie out. I really hate them so.

I am feeling better today, thanks! Although I do wish I was done being pregnant, I know what you mean about complaining about it before your due date- I want him to be fully cooked!

I have no idea how you are going to manage four kids, my hat is off to you! I'm also thinking two is enough for me! Actually, at this point I'm thinking, why would I ever consider being pregnant again?!?!

#290558 - 11/18/06 07:52 PM
chinagrl

Thanks for the sympathy. I'm pretty sure enjoying the food was a mistake... I'm being much more careful about how much and what I eat today and from now on!

Just curious new
      #290573 - 11/19/06 08:07 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Why can't you use a heating pad while pregnant? It won't burn the baby would it?

Hope you are feeling better soon.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2801

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review