All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
How many kids???
      #28994 - 11/25/03 04:02 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I'd like to throw this one out: How many kids do you have or want to have??? I wanted 6 and nature only gave me 2 with a little help from hormonal therapy. I love them with all my heart-but sometimes you want to shake them until their teeth rattle (HEHE) My boys are 15 and 12! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How many kids??? new
      #29000 - 11/25/03 04:58 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Well, right now I have my 3 "boys". They are 22, 23, and 27 yrs old, but sometimes you would swear they were 2 yrs old. LOL

Ultimately, I want 3 kids. 1 boy and 2 girls ideally (although I know I don't get to pick).

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29004 - 11/25/03 05:39 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

I want to have four or five... seriously . They are going to be happy little critters... I am going to shower them with love, affection, attention... and fresh-baked, IBS safe goods... <wink>

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

#29009 - 11/25/03 06:01 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Ultimately, I want 3 kids. 1 boy and 2 girls ideally (although I know I don't get to pick).

Jen - that is EXACTLY what I want. I was thinking that as I was reading the question, and there you go stealing my answer! LOL

I know you can't pick & choose, but I would love to at least have a couple of girls, and I think 3 would be nice.

But (and I KNOW you can't steal this part Jen! ), I would have liked to have started on them at least a year or two ago. Can't wait to get this wedding out of the way and get down to business!

#29036 - 11/26/03 03:04 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Mags you are way too funny!

I have three boys, 9,7 and 6. I wanted to try one more time for a girl, but my husband said no more. Now my husband keeps talking about how nice it would be to have a girl. Funny part about it - my husband got fixed five years ago.

No more kids for us and I am thrilled to have three healthy and active boys. I love my morning hugs and good night kisses. I love to see their giggles after giving them lip stick kisses. I love reading to them every night and now that it is cold we snuggle under covers to read. I love my boys and could go on and on about them, but I wouldn't want to bore you.

#29037 - 11/26/03 04:25 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I was completely 100% satisfied and happy with my 2 boys, having a girl never seemed like a big deal to me. But God saw differently and snuck her in there right before my husband got fixed, ha! So we have 2 boys, ages 5 and 3, and Sarah is almost 18 months. It's busy, exhausting, downright chaotic sometimes, and I wouldn't change it for the world!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#29040 - 11/26/03 04:42 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I have two boys. 13 & 9. I think it's funny because I wanted girls and my sister wanted boys. She has two girls! I think God knew what He was doing though - I love my boys. I can't have any more. I have a bleeding disorder and had two high risk pregnancies - so my dh went and "got fixed" -- but then I ended up losing my uterus anyway as I wouldn't stop bleeding later. He'd still like a girl pretty badly -- but I kind of like being out of the diaper changing-midnight feeding business. Babies are fun to borrow now -- I'm not sure I want one of my own anymore. Selfish?

#29044 - 11/26/03 06:11 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Quote:

Well, right now I have my 3 "boys". They are 22, 23, and 27 yrs old, but sometimes you would swear they were 2 yrs old. LOL

Really? Jen? Well, my gosh girl...you don't look a day over 21? Oil of Olay, twice a day? LOL

Anyways - this is actually a pretty heated topic for me and DH...OK get your mind out of the gutters people...I said Heated TOPIC not HEATED anything else...LOL

I want 3! Because in my family we only had two of us and we always had to tie on end of the skipping rope to garden shed door. 3 Kids and they can all skip together LOL

Here's how we have decided.. If we have a boy and a girl right away we are done...Two boys or two girls right away then we are having one more...Got it? Nah! Neither did hubby - he said we will discuss final numbers when Child #2 comes.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#29053 - 11/26/03 07:53 AM
tnchawk

Loc: New Ken, PA

Right now I have 1 daughter who is almost 4...we think about having more but aren't sure. I think that when we move back home to Pittsburgh, we might try. That way we have some help around if we need it!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#29064 - 11/26/03 08:39 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

But (and I KNOW you can't steal this part Jen! ), I would have liked to have started on them at least a year or two ago.

Yeaaaaaah.. no. I happily cannot steal that part! LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29065 - 11/26/03 08:42 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Really? Jen? Well, my gosh girl...you don't look a day over 21? Oil of Olay, twice a day? LOL

Gotta keep that youthful appearance! LOL Although once when I was dying my hair (before I picked my current auburn color, it was a different color once a week practically), I had a strand that had ended up white and I told my boys that they are already giving me grey hairs!

Quote:

Anyways - this is actually a pretty heated topic for me and DH...OK get your mind out of the gutters people...I said Heated TOPIC not HEATED anything else...LOL

Okay, I have a pretty dirty nasty mind - but even I did not get that one. Must be a Canadian thing.. LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29066 - 11/26/03 08:45 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

We have two girls they will be 4 and 6 in a few months. I would love 4. My husband wants a boy. We have settled on three but

Confession time, we have been trying since July and still not. Well at least I don't think I am. We had no trouble getting pregnant but this time it is not going well and all my friends are pregnant. I guess we will just have the baby, baby of the bunch. I have to go back to the dr. in Jan. if I am not by then. Funny how my IBS started after my last birth and now struggling to get pregnant. Hmmm???

I will let you all know when I am so we can throw a party and celebrate.

#29068 - 11/26/03 08:46 AM
Jennifer Rose

Keeping my fingers crossed, Heidi!!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29074 - 11/26/03 08:51 AM
Lana_Marie

Quote:

Heated = Hot = Passion = Wink Wink! Honestly Jen...come on...keep up! LOL Kidding!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#29092 - 11/26/03 09:33 AM
Jennifer Rose

Oh wow.. I am so not awake. I was concentrating on the "topic" part of that phrase. LOL

Okay, I feel much better that there is a pure speck or two in my mind.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29120 - 11/26/03 10:19 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm stuggling with the question if I want any?? Am I weird?? How do you know?? I'm 33 and hubby is 35 so times a ticking! None of our famiy lives close(2.5 and 4 hours away) and all my friends are single! I haven't been around a lot of babies and haven't the first clue on how to take care of a baby! I'm starting to think I would be missing out on something if we don't but I just don't know!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#29137 - 11/26/03 10:25 AM
Lana_Marie

I know a few couples who chose to never have kids!

It's completely your choice..if you are not comfy with having children running around it's only fair to yourself and the children to not have any.

Sometimes kids don't fit into ones lifestyle and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

It's better you admit that then have children you didn't really want!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#29186 - 11/26/03 02:27 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

If you aren't sure than I wouldn't. They can be stressful and they can get in the way of plans. It is much easier to have a baby when your friends are also having children. It becomes difficult when you are the only one with a baby and you can't just drop everything to go. You may find in a few years you really want to but don't do it unless you are sure. My husband's aunt is 40 and pregnant for the first time. They talked about a child but it didn't fit into their plans. You are still young.

#30111 - 12/04/03 07:55 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Okay, now this is a riot. My guy, he didn't want any kids till he met me. None. Never. No way. Now, he wants three or four! His mother is amazed at the changes I have wrought in her son!

I'd like three. I'm one of three, so's my mom, so's my dad, my mom's siblings each had three of their own--three is the perfect number, IMO.

We actually have three names picked out, so if we have two boys and a girl, we're set.

But no babies for awhile for me...we won't even get married till summer 2005 (probably).

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 325 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1541

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review