All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
How many kids???
      #28994 - 11/25/03 04:02 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I'd like to throw this one out: How many kids do you have or want to have??? I wanted 6 and nature only gave me 2 with a little help from hormonal therapy. I love them with all my heart-but sometimes you want to shake them until their teeth rattle (HEHE) My boys are 15 and 12! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How many kids??? new
      #29000 - 11/25/03 04:58 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Well, right now I have my 3 "boys". They are 22, 23, and 27 yrs old, but sometimes you would swear they were 2 yrs old. LOL

Ultimately, I want 3 kids. 1 boy and 2 girls ideally (although I know I don't get to pick).

--------------------
- Jennifer

#29004 - 11/25/03 05:39 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

I want to have four or five... seriously . They are going to be happy little critters... I am going to shower them with love, affection, attention... and fresh-baked, IBS safe goods... <wink>

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

#29009 - 11/25/03 06:01 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Ultimately, I want 3 kids. 1 boy and 2 girls ideally (although I know I don't get to pick).

Jen - that is EXACTLY what I want. I was thinking that as I was reading the question, and there you go stealing my answer! LOL

I know you can't pick & choose, but I would love to at least have a couple of girls, and I think 3 would be nice.

But (and I KNOW you can't steal this part Jen! ), I would have liked to have started on them at least a year or two ago. Can't wait to get this wedding out of the way and get down to business!

#29036 - 11/26/03 03:04 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Mags you are way too funny!

I have three boys, 9,7 and 6. I wanted to try one more time for a girl, but my husband said no more. Now my husband keeps talking about how nice it would be to have a girl. Funny part about it - my husband got fixed five years ago.

No more kids for us and I am thrilled to have three healthy and active boys. I love my morning hugs and good night kisses. I love to see their giggles after giving them lip stick kisses. I love reading to them every night and now that it is cold we snuggle under covers to read. I love my boys and could go on and on about them, but I wouldn't want to bore you.

#29037 - 11/26/03 04:25 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I was completely 100% satisfied and happy with my 2 boys, having a girl never seemed like a big deal to me. But God saw differently and snuck her in there right before my husband got fixed, ha! So we have 2 boys, ages 5 and 3, and Sarah is almost 18 months. It's busy, exhausting, downright chaotic sometimes, and I wouldn't change it for the world!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#29040 - 11/26/03 04:42 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I have two boys. 13 & 9. I think it's funny because I wanted girls and my sister wanted boys. She has two girls! I think God knew what He was doing though - I love my boys. I can't have any more. I have a bleeding disorder and had two high risk pregnancies - so my dh went and "got fixed" -- but then I ended up losing my uterus anyway as I wouldn't stop bleeding later. He'd still like a girl pretty badly -- but I kind of like being out of the diaper changing-midnight feeding business. Babies are fun to borrow now -- I'm not sure I want one of my own anymore. Selfish?

#29044 - 11/26/03 06:11 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Quote:

Well, right now I have my 3 "boys". They are 22, 23, and 27 yrs old, but sometimes you would swear they were 2 yrs old. LOL

Really? Jen? Well, my gosh girl...you don't look a day over 21? Oil of Olay, twice a day? LOL

Anyways - this is actually a pretty heated topic for me and DH...OK get your mind out of the gutters people...I said Heated TOPIC not HEATED anything else...LOL

I want 3! Because in my family we only had two of us and we always had to tie on end of the skipping rope to garden shed door. 3 Kids and they can all skip together LOL

Here's how we have decided.. If we have a boy and a girl right away we are done...Two boys or two girls right away then we are having one more...Got it? Nah! Neither did hubby - he said we will discuss final numbers when Child #2 comes.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#29053 - 11/26/03 07:53 AM
tnchawk

Loc: New Ken, PA

Right now I have 1 daughter who is almost 4...we think about having more but aren't sure. I think that when we move back home to Pittsburgh, we might try. That way we have some help around if we need it!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#29064 - 11/26/03 08:39 AM
Jennifer Rose

Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

But (and I KNOW you can't steal this part Jen! ), I would have liked to have started on them at least a year or two ago.

Yeaaaaaah.. no. I happily cannot steal that part! LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1542

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review