All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Some decisions made
      #287517 - 10/23/06 07:50 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Will and I have been talking as we agreed that if the rheumy tomorrow suggests the methotrexate like we think she is going to than we are going to do it. I've have been reluctant to try it because its very toxic. You have to have your liver and white blood cell count checked like every 2 weeks for a while than one a month. It is also a category X for pregnancy. That means you cannot even think about getting pregnant, in fact, they all but force you tot take birth control pills. They actually use methotrexate shots to induce abortions. If you do manage not to abort, you will have a severely messed up kid. It is known to cause all sorts of horrible birth defects. If you decide late that you want to get pregnant, you have to be off it for 3-6 months before even trying. I'm 36 years old with a history of infertility and 5 miscarriages. This will pretty much squash any hopes of me ever having my own child. I'm really having a hard time with this. I feel like I'm giving up or something.

The problem is, is that I am no where near healthy enough to care for a child, even if I could someone manage to carry one. Its all I can do to drive to work, sit at my desk and answer the few calls calls everyday. By time I get home, I'm exhausted. I sleep all weekend, every weekend. I hurt all the time. The joint swelling and damage is getting worse and taking its toll on my mental health.

I'm afraid if I don't get this under control before too much longer that I just won't be able to cope anymore. I feel like such a burden to everyone. The pain is wearing me way down.

The methotrexate is a very serious drug with a lot of side effects. As I mentioned, you have to have lots of blood work to monitor your liver and other organs. It makes you very tired, nausea and fatigued. It can make your hair fall out. It causes stomach upset and diarrhea. Apparently most people take one big dose, once a week. Usually on the weekend so they can sleep it off. They also make it in an injection form which is what I would ask for to try and bypass the gi upset. I already have enough problems there.

This is really my last option. I've tried all the other dmards (disease modifying anti rheumatic drugs) and I need to get off the steroids. I'm already on the humira at a higher dose than usual and yet the swelling, pain and damage continue.

I kept telling myself that if the methotrexate works and I get better, maybe we can adopt. I know we can not afford a private adoption at $20,000. However, I know that sometimes if you adopt through social services, its much cheaper. We will unlikely get a white, healthy infant but I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that there are many older children out there that needs home and I can love them just as much with in an already weakened state. As many of you know, I am not a religious woman but I take comfort in knowing that I found Harley just when I needed him and little Oliver just came along under all the right circumstances and I can only hope that maybe, someday a child will come to me as well.

I'm thinking that if I can ever get this flare under control, that I would check into volunteer work at social services, a battered woman's shelter or even join big brothers big sisters. I feel that I have a lot of love to give and if I can't give it to a child of my own, than I need to find someone in need of love.

Whatever you do to take comfort in this world, please do it for me. I'm trying to be strong but I'm feeling awful bruised and battered. I feel like I've been though more than my share of misery in my 36 years and I would really like a little happiness, at least a reprieve from the pain.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Some decisions made new
      #287519 - 10/23/06 08:03 AM
ibsnotme

Reged: 03/07/06

A friend of mine is on methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis in her feet. She is doing very well with it and has minimal side effects. Fortunately, she had her kids before she was diagnosed and in treatment. I think you're making the right decision. Good luck

#287524 - 10/23/06 08:24 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Michelle,

I think you're doing the right thing to realize you need to take care of yourself first and once you feel better, the rest of life will sort itself out. It's no fun to feel miserable and like a burden all the time, and I really hope the new drug helps alleviate that. I'll be thinking about you and hoping that once you feel better other things will fall into place as well. I think volunteering sounds like a great thing to do!

Re: IBSNOTME new
      #287537 - 10/23/06 09:53 AM
michele

I'm glad tohear the mtx is working well for you friend! Lets hope I have as good luck with it, the list of side effects is very scary.

--------------------

Re: Chinagirl new
      #287538 - 10/23/06 09:54 AM
michele

Thanks. I know in my head I'm doing the right thing its just such a difficult decision to make but you are right, I need to get well first and sort the rest out later!

--------------------

#287543 - 10/23/06 10:08 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I think you are doing the right thing. You need to be healthy first before you could try to take care of a child. There are many ways for you to share all that extra love you have and youm mentioned some great ones!! I had one shot of mx when I had an ectopic pregnancy. I couldn't coneceive until 3-4months after i was given it. And that was only a one time shot. It was a better alternative than having to have my tube removed. I don't remember being sick from the shot just from the miscarrying process. But then again like I said I only had one shot of it. I really wish you health and happiness Michele, because you sure do deserve it! I will keep you in prayers! Love ya!

#287551 - 10/23/06 10:32 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I agree with everyone else, you are doing the right thing. Even if you had 3 children and 10 million dollars, you're too sick to enjoy it. You need to take care of yourself and you deserve to feel better. Everything else will fall into place. You've dealt with so much that it is your time for good things to come your way and I believe that you are on the right track to make that happen. Good luck and best wishes. I'm praying for you.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#287552 - 10/23/06 10:33 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm sorry you're having to go down this road, Michele - I'll be thinking of you as you do this.

I don't know what dose of methotrexate you'll be on but I do know it is - or used to be - one of the three drugs used in standard breast cancer chemo. Most of the women who were on this standard treatment were able to keep up with their daily routines with few side-effects. (In fact, weight loss was one of the reported side-effects of this chemo cocktail. Life truly is not fair sometimes.) I hope you have a similarly uneventful experience with it and that it provides the help you so very much need.

I too believe that you will find a place for all the love you have for children. Heaven knows there are lots of children out there who need someone just like you.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#287557 - 10/23/06 11:10 AM
michele

Thanks Sand. I am looking forward to getting off the steroids and hope the mtx will allow me to do that. I've also read weight loss is a side effect and after 6 months of steroids, I sure can use that! It is commonly used to treat various caners. Supposedly the side effects due lessen with time. I really hope my hair doesn't fall out, I wouldn't be pretty bald!

--------------------

#287559 - 10/23/06 11:12 AM
michele

Thanks snowy, lets just hope this drug helps!

--------------------

#287560 - 10/23/06 11:14 AM
michele

Thanks Angela. Yes, they use the mtx a lot to induce miscarriages. Not sure why I never had a shot, always the d&c, hmm...anyways the list of side effects is daunting but at this point, I just need to feel better. The long term effects of steroids are worse than the mtx so I guess its the lesser of two evils.

--------------------

#287567 - 10/23/06 12:16 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

I have been following along with all of health issues you've had over the past year and they are truly heart breaking.

I know that these decisions must have been very hard for you to make but I think you've made the right decision. You have tried a lot of different meds over the past year and nothing has been working for you. My friend has Chrohn's (I think I mentioned this before) and she is taking methotrexate and remicade. She's been on it for just over a year and is doing well.

I really hope that this new medication works for you.
Jenn

#287571 - 10/23/06 12:45 PM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

Dear Michele

My heart is bleeding for you. I'm fairly new to the boards but have been following your painful journey with much admiration. I hope the methotrexate will relieve your symptoms and be gentle on your body. If is so frightening to read the list of possible side effects that one may experience with certain medications and so difficult to make those treatment decisions. I just recently turned down botox injections in my neck (for neck pain) after reading all the patient disclosure papers I had to sign (more like doctor protection papers). I decided to get a second opinion and may still get the treatment but not until I'm convinced that it is the way to go. As with anything you have to weigh the risks and benefits. Sounds like you have done your research and are making a good decision based on experience and knowledge.

By the way, the pics you posted of "the boys" are just adorable. There's a lot of love in those two little fur bundles.

#287575 - 10/23/06 01:20 PM
emelem1

Reged: 09/26/06
Loc: Sunny South, England

I know it won't lessen the pain of not having children but I have quite mild IBS compared to most and having two children under 4 which can be a massive challenge on a daily basis just having the IBS - it gets worse when they start asking to go places and do things and they need to get out of the house to school etc and you have to try and manage it all around the IBS. The guilt makes the IBS worse and its one massive challenge. Forget sleeping, you won't get the chance to sleep during the day and very often not through the night either. I think the others on this board are right - think of your health first then think of children second. On a positive note I have two friends who were told they would not have children with various illnesses and both have gone on to have two children each. Never say never - if you get your health sorted your state of mind may help your fertility. Good luck sounds like you deserve it xx

Re: Thanks Susie new
      #287576 - 10/23/06 01:21 PM
michele

Your right, you have to outweigh the benefits over the possible complications. I'm already on some pretty nasty medications but I need to do whatever possible to feel better. If the complications arise, than at least I know I've tried everything to get well. If the drugs take some time off my life, hopefully at least the quality of my life will have been improved for it.

Thanks for the compliments of my furbabys, Halrey is sitting next to me on my desk as I type and little Oliver is sleeping on my feet!

--------------------

#287578 - 10/23/06 01:23 PM
michele

Thanks Jenn. It does seem to help a lot of people, if you can tolerate it. I'm hoping the rheumy won't have any issues going straight to the injections as I just know my tummy can't handle any more right now.

--------------------

Re: thanks emelem1 new
      #287579 - 10/23/06 01:24 PM
michele

I'm glad to hear your friends were eventually able to have children, its a difficult thing to go though.

--------------------

#287581 - 10/23/06 01:34 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Just wanted to send you a positive word about methotrexate... My mom has had RA since her 20s (she's now in her 50s). She has been taking mtx for years (probably around 15+), and she has never had any bad side effects. It has been such a lifesaver for her! She was even able to run a home daycare for several years. Until the past couple of years, she hasn't had to change her meds, but she now takes a weekly injection of Embril, which works in conjunction with the mtx to help slow down the RA progression.

I realize everyone is different, but mom said she never felt any negative side effects... just the freedom from constant pain and stiffness. She takes 2 pills twice a week, and she said she's never had drowsiness from it either. Oh, and she only has to go in for bloodwork every 4 months. The more frequent checks are just when you're getting started, I think. She also said she has several friends and relatives that take mtx, and she said none of them have complained of side effects from it.

Good luck! Maybe this will be the answer you're looking for! I realize it may be a permanent answer to your struggle to conceive, as well, but that doesn't have to be such a bad thing. There are lots of kids who need loving parents like you! My husband was adopted, and there are 4 other adopted children in his extended family. It doesn't have to cost a fortune, either. Just focus on your health and getting to the point that you're able to care for a child... then you can try to figure out which way you want to go about it.

Oops new
      #287585 - 10/23/06 02:02 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

That line should have said, "weight GAIN was one of the reported side-effects of this chemo cocktail". I guess my "life is not fair" didn't make much sense with the "loss" in there. If methotrexate has weight loss as a symptom then it must be one of the other drugs in the cocktail that causes the weight gain. The real point I was trying to make was that for a lot of people the side effects were so mild they didn't even lose weight.

As for hair, what I was told about the cocktail was that hair would thin but probably not be lost completely. Again, I don't know if that was from the methotrexate or from one of the other drugs. (Although you have a pretty enough face that you could probably get away with being bald. Add some big earrings and necklace and lots of eye makeup - very striking! )

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Thanks Julie new
      #287587 - 10/23/06 02:14 PM
michele

Wow, it sounds like the mtx had really helped your mom, thats wonderful. I have heard of people having really good results with it. I'm trying to be positive and hope it helps me as much! Thanks for sharing your moms story.

You are right, once I am well, than I can concentrate on other aspects of my life. Thank you for the support!

--------------------

Re: Hehe new
      #287590 - 10/23/06 02:21 PM
michele

Mtx is supposed to cause lack of appetite but I'm sure everyone is a bit different. Steroids, which I'm sure are used in chemo cocktails as well cause the weight gain!

Mtx usually doesn't make you go bald, it just makes your hair thinner. Taking b vitamins and folic acid are supposed to help with that and the nausea. I'm still takig my prenatls so that should help!

I have lots of hair but its really fine to begin with. Since my face has a bit of the moon face apperance from the months of steroids, and I have a small head to body ration, bald would not be beautiful of me! Although my hubby shaves his head bald and said we could match and he would still love me! What a sweeetie! Thanks for the compliment though! Its hair, if it falls out, I'll go buy some cute hats, don't think I'd ever be comfortable in a wig!

--------------------

#287591 - 10/23/06 02:25 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh hon, I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I hope this drug works for you. I think you're making the right decisions for you and your husband right now about the child rearing. If it's meant to be, it'll be. But just think, how many little furballs would be without attention if you had babies! You have adorable little doggies that you love and obviously love you back. You're feelin' the love, aren't ya?

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#287623 - 10/23/06 05:21 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Michele, I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this, but maybe this is the answer you've been trying to find. I don't know anything about methotrexate but I truly hope it works for you, you need some relief! And I admire you're openness to adopting older children or children who have "issues" of they're own. I've always wanted to adopt anyway, whether or not I eventually have my own children. There are so many older kids who need a good home & someone to love them. You'd be a wonderful mom, any child would be blessed to have you. As with everyone on the board who's going through difficult times, my heart & thoughts are with you!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

what about a surrogate? new
      #287628 - 10/23/06 06:12 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

if you know someone who loves you a whole bunch and who enjoys being pregnant you can do the surrogate things where your egg and your husbands sperm is implanted in a surrogate womb and carried to term. There are women who do it for desperate couples or friends who do it for friends. The not friend route costs money of course and either way there is the costs of all the doctor stuff of course. Adoption as you said is the other option, you could of course try for a child from a foreign country and that way it is less expensive, but you have a good chance of getting ahealthy child whereas if you want a white, young child you will pay through the nose to those adoptions agencies, they make it not fair for those couples who have so much love to give. Good luck and you deserve to have good things happen to you.

#287636 - 10/23/06 07:08 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Like everyone else, I also think you made the right decision, even if it was a terribly difficult one. Your health needs to come first.

Can you get something stronger than Vicodin for your pain? I think you mentioned before that your rheumy said she didn't want you taking anything stronger for the pain since it can be a clue to symptoms. Maybe you need to tell her that she's played Nancy Drew with your system long enough and you need some serious pain relief.

I really hope that this drug will do the trick for you and that you won't have any side effects. Take care.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#287644 - 10/23/06 09:42 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Michele,

I support you whatever you decide. It sounds like a lot of logic is going into trying this drug, so I hope everything works out!

How much have you looked into adoption? I read an article about it online yesterday just browsing, and it sounded pretty promising:

The Truth about Domestic Adoption

Anyway, just thinking of you and sending gentle hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Adoption new
      #287664 - 10/24/06 06:39 AM
stillnotpoochi

Reged: 08/23/06

Adopting from a foreign country is not always the least expensive option. The waiting period can be longer as well...in general, it takes a minimum of two years to adopt a child from China...third world countries have a shorter wait time but when adding the expenses of travel etc. the price tag goes way up. In many cases, if one does their research, you can find that domestic adoption does not always cost "through the nose".

Re: Have you ever been tested?? new
      #287667 - 10/24/06 07:20 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

Hey Michele,
This is an extreme long shot here, but have you ever been tested for Lymes Disease? My husband has Lymes disease a little while back and suffered a lot of swelling, joint pain and extreme fatigue from it. It took him a while to get diagnosed, too, because lymes disease does not always show up as being positive on a blood test.

adoption site new
      #287681 - 10/24/06 08:29 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Christine -- I browsed through the site you linked to and found this website:

AdoptUsKids

These are all older kids in the foster care system who are available to be adopted. You can search the system and read their bios. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to feel seriously sad. It's heartbreaking to see how many children need homes. It makes me feel guilty to even think about bringing another child into the world.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Hey Pooch.. where have you been hiding?!? -nt- new
      #287700 - 10/24/06 10:36 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Re: Have you ever been tested?? new
      #287702 - 10/24/06 10:45 AM
michele

Thanks for the thought but yes, I've been tested for lymes three times in the last year and it always negative.

--------------------

Re: Thanks for the adaption sites new
      #287707 - 10/24/06 10:59 AM
michele

I know there are many children out there that need good homes. I hope as soon as I am feeling better we will be able to start the process with the home study. I really don't care what race or gender but I don't believe I am capable of handling a mentally challanged child. I hope thats the pc way to put it?

Right now, I need to concentrate on me. The rheumy today said that all hope might not be lost if we can get this under control however, I m not getting my hopes up.

--------------------

#287708 - 10/24/06 11:02 AM
michele

Thanks Jen, we talked about pain control and for now, we are sticking to the vicodin. She is hopeful the mtx will get things under control before too long and I won't need long term pain management. If that turns out not to be the case, I would be on oxyocodone twice a day but she wants to wait to start that as a last resort kind of thing. I'm ok with that as I'd rather not need the pain pills but I've got to get over this flare first!

--------------------

Re: Miso new
      #287709 - 10/24/06 11:05 AM
michele

Surrogates are actually illegal in the state of Michigan. I don't have any friends willing to do that and even so, we wouldn't be able to pay the medical bills and health insurance wouldn't cover the in vitro or prenatal visits.

Out of country adoptions are usually about the same price but you do have a better chance of getting a younger baby. I don't care what gender or race but I would want a healthy child.

--------------------

#287710 - 10/24/06 11:07 AM
michele

Thanks girls. My wrist is very sore today but wanted to let you know I have read all the posts and thank you for the support!

--------------------

Ashley Yamin new
      #287761 - 10/24/06 05:24 PM
stillnotpoochi

Reged: 08/23/06

I have been buried between the kids (football, band, volunteering at school), work, a new business, church and hubby! Work has picked up a bit as well...I peek in every once in a blue moon. I miss you!

#287770 - 10/24/06 06:27 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You've had to make some truly tough decisions regarding your health, and I'm very sorry you have had to at 36.
The actuality of not being able to support a pregnancy is very disheartening. I know, I can't have natural babies either. It is almost like you aren't a real woman. I deeply feel for you, for the empty feeling you must have inside. Even though we had decided not to have children before I found out I can't, I still feel like I'm a let-down. My mom wants more than 1 grandson to spoil. My grandma and papa long for more great-grandkids too. I know what it's like when everyone asks you when you plan to have kids. I get it all the time, especially now that we're legally married. I haven't anything to console you, but I know how you feel.

I hope that if the dr. suggests the methotrexate, that it is the magic wand you so desperately need. And I hope a miracle happens and you have no side affects, only healing.

On adoption: I often think of it myself. Everyday probably. I have two friends who have adopted from overseas - China and Russia. Their children are wonderful, loving, and despite having poor infancies healthwise, are thriving in their adolescence now. I would do it, if Thomas wanted a child. I'm actually, self-admittedly, selfish. As much as I want a child, I don't want a child. But I would do it. I would adopt a child - after all, all a child wants is to be loved.

I wish I knew the right thing to say to comfort you in all of this. As always, I wish you a good, pain free day, one in which you can button your shirt, tie your laces and brush your own hair.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#287791 - 10/24/06 07:35 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

wow sorry, i didn't know it was illegal, oops, i am sorry i suggested it. Overseas is usually the best bet, i have seen it owrk out wonderfully for everyone i have ever met who has done it. I hope you feel better soon, and can get to the fun parts of the rest of your life.

praying for you-(my biggest comfort) -nt new
      #287809 - 10/25/06 04:26 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

Re: Some decisions made PLEASE READ! new
      #287816 - 10/25/06 05:58 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

My heart goes out to you! No one should have to go through live with pain or sadness. Please keep it in your heart that you will find your way! There is something or someone out there that needs you and you will find it. There are kids out there everyday that long for a home and a good women to have in there lives like you! You are in my thougts and prayers. Please don't give up I have seen you on here alot of time for recipes and stuff and at the end you always put ONE DAY AT A TIME! I have found some much strength in that the last few weeks because of you see you have touch someone with out even knowing it. Just keep your head up and look at the stars not the grass there much prettier! Thank you for your support! god bless you! xxx ~Sheila

#287846 - 10/25/06 09:14 AM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

Michele,

I am sorry to hear of all of your pain. Somehow you have managed to survive some very great hurdles. You are an inspirational person for us all. You are a very brave person and taking this step for you will be huge but hopefully all will pay off. I am praying for you.
Taking it a day at a time is a great attitude. Actually, when I was at my worst you inspired me to slow down, take a step back and reevaluate my life with that simple sentence.

#287855 - 10/25/06 09:29 AM
michele

Thank you Sheila, I appreciate the kind words. I hope one day I do find the happiness I have been longing for.

--------------------

#287856 - 10/25/06 09:30 AM
michele

Thanks Sufie, I'm glad I was able to help you as well! One day at a time is a very good way to go when things are tough.

--------------------

#287857 - 10/25/06 09:34 AM
michele

Thanks Cassandra. Do not think of yourself as a let down. I know its hard and that empty feeling does suck but not being able to have children does not make us less of a woman. I do believe it changes who we are and makes us appreciate life and things in general more. I try to find the good in it but some days, its just so very hard. Hugs and love to you!!

--------------------

#287858 - 10/25/06 09:35 AM
michele

Don't worry about it, its a state to state thing, in some states it is legal and believe me I still think about it although its illegal, its just a money thing more than anything.

--------------------

#287867 - 10/25/06 10:21 AM
Sufie

You know what else Michele, I too have reproductive system problems. I lost my left ovary at 19 to a tumor and had endometriosis at 15 with multiple cyst. Not sure if children are a possibility but just know that I'm there with you women---you are strong and you are going to make it out of this tough time... Lots of hugs.

#287993 - 10/26/06 08:10 AM
emmasmom

Your in my thoughts and prayers! rember keep your head up I do know with out a doubt how very very hard it can be! I wish i could tell you how your one little saying has help me in so many ways not just with ibs! "So rember one day at a time" hugs and prayers xxxxx ~ Sheila ~keep me updated!

#288145 - 10/27/06 08:48 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi Michelle, I can totally understand your pain and weariness. I have to tell you that since I have been on the site (only since August), I marvel at the spirit that you have and the wonderful sense of life that comes across in your responses. You are an inspirational person and I thank you for your comments when I post concerns. My personal feeling on our pain and suffering is that one day it will all pass - I am a Christian person and this helps me to cope and handle my days of pain and also to accept things that I cannot do anymore. I also love children and both of my children are grown - I was an Educational Assistant and had to stop due to my health - it really hurt me to leave it - also I had a job for 12 years as our Church secretary and had ato leave due to health reasons - again tore me apart inside. I feel like I am burden to my husband on most days due to the fact that I no longer work outside the home and he is not really accepting of me not brining in some $. Life is not easy but please know that your bright smiling picture and great comments have meant alot to me! Thank you.
P.S. I don't beleive that you have ato have children in order to spread love in the world!

#288150 - 10/27/06 09:56 AM
michele

Thank you, that was very kind. I'm sorry you have had to give up the jobs you loved so much, thats got to be difficult. I hate that money is such a necessary evil in the world. Maybe when you are feeling better, you could go back and at lest volunteer at your church or somewhere else. I'm hoping to do some volunteering at a woman's shelter around the corner from where I work when I'm feeling better. The whole key though, is the feeling better part. I start a drug drug tonight and hoping this will be the missing piece to my health problems.

--------------------

#288167 - 10/27/06 12:26 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Good Luck this weekend, Michele!I hope the mtx is the answer... I will be thinking of you and hope you have a vast improvement in your health...Big happy love vibes wrapped in kindness heading your way!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Re: Ashley Yamin new
      #288170 - 10/27/06 01:05 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

miss you too!! It definitly sounds like you're really busy! It's nice to know you still stop by once in awhile though.

Sorry Michele, for hijacking your thread!! You know how sorry I am for everything you have gone through.. you are in my thoughts!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Lumiere new
      #288172 - 10/27/06 01:34 PM
michele

I can use all the happy, love and kindness vibes I can get! Not sure why I'm so nervous about the shot tonight. I have given myself LOTS of shots, I just keep telling myself, it WILL make me feel better!!!!

--------------------

Re: No problem!! new
      #288173 - 10/27/06 01:37 PM
michele

Hi jack all you want!! I miss both you and Rachel as well! Thanks for the continued good thoughts, keep'em coming!

--------------------

Re: As always, Michele..... new
      #288180 - 10/27/06 02:54 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You have my love, hugs and support. I'm so sorry your body is giving you this much grief! Let's say we trade it in!!!!!!!! Take care of yourself. Just a thought - with all your troubles, do you think you could get off on disability even for a while?????? At least until you can get back on your feet without being in ridiculous amounts of pain.
Hugs and good vibes, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#288392 - 10/29/06 08:09 PM
Sufie

Hi Michele,

How are you doing? I hope things are getting better for you. I was just thinking about you and wanted to say hello and wish you a good week.

Sufie

Oh Michele... new
      #288395 - 10/29/06 08:28 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I hurt for you, i really do. But the hard, cold, completely unfair truth is, this is probably for the best. You've driven yourself crazy with wanting a baby. YOU, my love, NEED to get healthy. Without that, you could never have been a great mother anyhow.

That being said, I still URGE you and Will to consider adoption if your hearts say you are parents and will be parents to living children. Please don't be offended...but you know, there's still a way, baby. I'd carry a baby for you if you wanted. Honest to God I would. You'd just ahve to make sure I'm taken care of:)

I'd love to surrogate. I've talked about it a million times. And yes, I could let that baby go.

Sending all my love.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Oh Michele... new
      #288413 - 10/30/06 06:46 AM
emmasmom

Thats very sweet of you to offer that. I have been talking to michele myself and i think is very sweet of you to offer that to her my heart goes out to you for being so sweet. The world needs more people like you! I have a friend that needs someone like you in her life. God bless ~SHEILA xxx

Re: Oh Michele... new
      #288418 - 10/30/06 08:23 AM
michele

I agree Cookie, very sweet indeed. I'm truly touched. I've briefly looked into it and there is a LOT involved. I would still have to stop the mtx I just started because it affects my eggs and you would have to go through invitro, which costs on average $10-12,000 and no guarantees it would work. I hate to say this but it always seems to come down to money.

At the moment, I'm trying to not think too much about the baby issue. I started my mtx shots this Friday. I was a bit sick Friday night afterwards, laid on the couch and sipped flat vernors. Saturday I managed to go to the grocery store and pick Oliver up from the vet but than just relaxed the rest of the weekend. I don't feel too bad today. Once I get feeling better and things settle down, than I will re-focus. Hugs and love!

--------------------

Re: Thanks sufie new
      #288419 - 10/30/06 08:24 AM
michele

I'm ok. My jaw still really hurts, seeing the specialist tomorrow. My mtx injection went ok. Oliver got fixed Friday so I had to baby him all weekend. Little bugger just pulled his stitches out!! The incision is still closed though so I think it will be ok!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Alicia new
      #288420 - 10/30/06 08:25 AM
michele

A trade in body would be great! Where do I sign up?

--------------------

Re: Thanks sufie new
      #288424 - 10/30/06 08:45 AM
Sufie

Good to know. Have a good day and feel better.

Re: Yeah.. me too! new
      #288458 - 10/30/06 12:57 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Preferably one with a firm butt and abs, and boobs that don't sag....

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Well, it's honest... new
      #288493 - 10/30/06 05:32 PM
_Willow

if I don't get to be a mom to another baby, I'd love to give the gift of life. it's always been in my heart. I mean, since I was 18 years old and knew this was a possibility.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

love you Michele.... new
      #288494 - 10/30/06 05:33 PM
_Willow

if there's anyone I'd do it for...it'd be you. You deserve so much happiness after all the tragedy in your life. you always inspire me.

now, you get better.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: love you Michele.... new
      #288530 - 10/31/06 07:29 AM
michele

Thanks Cookie, you are so sweet, you're making me cry!!! Love and hugs!

--------------------

That's what it's all about... new
      #288631 - 10/31/06 07:30 PM
_Willow

the make Michele cry contest! LOL!. but i am speaking from the heart.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

*HUG* Michelle.. new
      #290283 - 11/16/06 12:36 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

sometimes one has to face hard decisions, but it sounds like you have done this and made what will hopefully be the best choice you could have.. *HUG* I am sure you will find a child and the right one, when the time is right.. and if its in the state of MI, through social services, there aren't many charges at all unless you are looking for a newborn... the state eats the costs to get the kids out of the system..

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: *HUG* Michelle.. new
      #290366 - 11/17/06 07:54 AM
michele

Thanks Amie. I am struggling a bit right now as I was pregnant with my twin girls this time last year, I'm really missing them. However, I know I need to get well before I do anything else. The mtx injections seem to be going relatively ok for now.

--------------------

#290386 - 11/17/06 09:58 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. {{{{hugs}}}}}. And I'm sorry that I've haven't been here for you lately. You have always been there for me. {{{{hugs}}}}}. You've got so much on your "plate" right now. I hope all goes well for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!

Here's my favorite quote. It's helped me get through some difficult times.
"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly." ~Barbara J. Winter

Spread your wings and fly. {{{{hugs}}}}

#290393 - 11/17/06 10:42 AM
khyricat

trust me, I can understand.. I still think about the babies I lost though it was years ago and we made the decision to not try again several years back... it never goes away completely, but it does become less of an issue as the years pass.. a friend who lost a baby 25 years ago told me that this was the first year she didn't mourn him on the day he died as the foremost thought on that day... if her husband hadn't pointed out the date she would have passed it like another day.. so there is hope, though it does take a long time...

And for now- focus on getting better and healthy and then it will be time to re-evaluate and make decisions from another perspective.. think about it this way- would you be able to care for an infant/toddler (or 2!) at this point with everything else going on? in some ways its better because you can heal and learn how to adapt better BEFORE bringing a child into your life..

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#290397 - 11/17/06 10:50 AM
michele

Thanks Nugss! How are you recovering from your surgery?? Are you feeling better?

--------------------

#290398 - 11/17/06 10:52 AM
michele

In my head, I know you are right but my heart still hurts.

--------------------

#290401 - 11/17/06 11:19 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

Yes....I'm feeling sooo much better. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I started feeling good again. The only medication I'm on is an estrogen pill once a day. I am completely off Effexor now. And....I haven't had to take any Imodium for a couple months!!! My IBS is so much better since surgery, too! I can't thank my doc/surgeon enough. I wish there was something I could do to thank him. I've thought about taking some homemade cookies in for his office, but haven't done it yet.

Yesterday was my 9th week since surgery. Time flies. I still have tired days and feel swolen occassionally, but am doing good. {{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Wish you were feeling better. I'll be thinking of you.

#290404 - 11/17/06 11:45 AM
michele

Wow, thats wonderful!!! I'm so glad the surgery went well and everything seems to be looking up for you!!

--------------------

#290786 - 11/21/06 05:50 AM
khyricat

I know.. but give it some time.. and *HUG* hopefuly these treatments will make you feel physically better soon... and we'll get to see each other in person again.. I'll even bring the gliders to give you a smile...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30778

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review