All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Have you ever been tested?? new
      #287702 - 10/24/06 10:45 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks for the thought but yes, I've been tested for lymes three times in the last year and it always negative.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks for the adaption sites new
      #287707 - 10/24/06 10:59 AM
michele

I know there are many children out there that need good homes. I hope as soon as I am feeling better we will be able to start the process with the home study. I really don't care what race or gender but I don't believe I am capable of handling a mentally challanged child. I hope thats the pc way to put it?

Right now, I need to concentrate on me. The rheumy today said that all hope might not be lost if we can get this under control however, I m not getting my hopes up.

--------------------

Re: Some decisions made new
      #287708 - 10/24/06 11:02 AM
michele

Thanks Jen, we talked about pain control and for now, we are sticking to the vicodin. She is hopeful the mtx will get things under control before too long and I won't need long term pain management. If that turns out not to be the case, I would be on oxyocodone twice a day but she wants to wait to start that as a last resort kind of thing. I'm ok with that as I'd rather not need the pain pills but I've got to get over this flare first!

--------------------

Re: Miso new
      #287709 - 10/24/06 11:05 AM
michele

Surrogates are actually illegal in the state of Michigan. I don't have any friends willing to do that and even so, we wouldn't be able to pay the medical bills and health insurance wouldn't cover the in vitro or prenatal visits.

Out of country adoptions are usually about the same price but you do have a better chance of getting a younger baby. I don't care what gender or race but I would want a healthy child.

--------------------

#287710 - 10/24/06 11:07 AM
michele

Thanks girls. My wrist is very sore today but wanted to let you know I have read all the posts and thank you for the support!

--------------------

Ashley Yamin new
      #287761 - 10/24/06 05:24 PM
stillnotpoochi

Reged: 08/23/06

I have been buried between the kids (football, band, volunteering at school), work, a new business, church and hubby! Work has picked up a bit as well...I peek in every once in a blue moon. I miss you!

#287770 - 10/24/06 06:27 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You've had to make some truly tough decisions regarding your health, and I'm very sorry you have had to at 36.
The actuality of not being able to support a pregnancy is very disheartening. I know, I can't have natural babies either. It is almost like you aren't a real woman. I deeply feel for you, for the empty feeling you must have inside. Even though we had decided not to have children before I found out I can't, I still feel like I'm a let-down. My mom wants more than 1 grandson to spoil. My grandma and papa long for more great-grandkids too. I know what it's like when everyone asks you when you plan to have kids. I get it all the time, especially now that we're legally married. I haven't anything to console you, but I know how you feel.

I hope that if the dr. suggests the methotrexate, that it is the magic wand you so desperately need. And I hope a miracle happens and you have no side affects, only healing.

On adoption: I often think of it myself. Everyday probably. I have two friends who have adopted from overseas - China and Russia. Their children are wonderful, loving, and despite having poor infancies healthwise, are thriving in their adolescence now. I would do it, if Thomas wanted a child. I'm actually, self-admittedly, selfish. As much as I want a child, I don't want a child. But I would do it. I would adopt a child - after all, all a child wants is to be loved.

I wish I knew the right thing to say to comfort you in all of this. As always, I wish you a good, pain free day, one in which you can button your shirt, tie your laces and brush your own hair.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Miso new
      #287791 - 10/24/06 07:35 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

wow sorry, i didn't know it was illegal, oops, i am sorry i suggested it. Overseas is usually the best bet, i have seen it owrk out wonderfully for everyone i have ever met who has done it. I hope you feel better soon, and can get to the fun parts of the rest of your life.

praying for you-(my biggest comfort) -nt
      #287809 - 10/25/06 04:26 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

Re: Some decisions made PLEASE READ!
      #287816 - 10/25/06 05:58 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

My heart goes out to you! No one should have to go through live with pain or sadness. Please keep it in your heart that you will find your way! There is something or someone out there that needs you and you will find it. There are kids out there everyday that long for a home and a good women to have in there lives like you! You are in my thougts and prayers. Please don't give up I have seen you on here alot of time for recipes and stuff and at the end you always put ONE DAY AT A TIME! I have found some much strength in that the last few weeks because of you see you have touch someone with out even knowing it. Just keep your head up and look at the stars not the grass there much prettier! Thank you for your support! god bless you! xxx ~Sheila

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30908

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review