All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Hehe new
      #287590 - 10/23/06 02:21 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Mtx is supposed to cause lack of appetite but I'm sure everyone is a bit different. Steroids, which I'm sure are used in chemo cocktails as well cause the weight gain!

Mtx usually doesn't make you go bald, it just makes your hair thinner. Taking b vitamins and folic acid are supposed to help with that and the nausea. I'm still takig my prenatls so that should help!

I have lots of hair but its really fine to begin with. Since my face has a bit of the moon face apperance from the months of steroids, and I have a small head to body ration, bald would not be beautiful of me! Although my hubby shaves his head bald and said we could match and he would still love me! What a sweeetie! Thanks for the compliment though! Its hair, if it falls out, I'll go buy some cute hats, don't think I'd ever be comfortable in a wig!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Some decisions made new
      #287591 - 10/23/06 02:25 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Oh hon, I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I hope this drug works for you. I think you're making the right decisions for you and your husband right now about the child rearing. If it's meant to be, it'll be. But just think, how many little furballs would be without attention if you had babies! You have adorable little doggies that you love and obviously love you back. You're feelin' the love, aren't ya?

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#287623 - 10/23/06 05:21 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Michele, I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this, but maybe this is the answer you've been trying to find. I don't know anything about methotrexate but I truly hope it works for you, you need some relief! And I admire you're openness to adopting older children or children who have "issues" of they're own. I've always wanted to adopt anyway, whether or not I eventually have my own children. There are so many older kids who need a good home & someone to love them. You'd be a wonderful mom, any child would be blessed to have you. As with everyone on the board who's going through difficult times, my heart & thoughts are with you!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

what about a surrogate? new
      #287628 - 10/23/06 06:12 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

if you know someone who loves you a whole bunch and who enjoys being pregnant you can do the surrogate things where your egg and your husbands sperm is implanted in a surrogate womb and carried to term. There are women who do it for desperate couples or friends who do it for friends. The not friend route costs money of course and either way there is the costs of all the doctor stuff of course. Adoption as you said is the other option, you could of course try for a child from a foreign country and that way it is less expensive, but you have a good chance of getting ahealthy child whereas if you want a white, young child you will pay through the nose to those adoptions agencies, they make it not fair for those couples who have so much love to give. Good luck and you deserve to have good things happen to you.

#287636 - 10/23/06 07:08 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Like everyone else, I also think you made the right decision, even if it was a terribly difficult one. Your health needs to come first.

Can you get something stronger than Vicodin for your pain? I think you mentioned before that your rheumy said she didn't want you taking anything stronger for the pain since it can be a clue to symptoms. Maybe you need to tell her that she's played Nancy Drew with your system long enough and you need some serious pain relief.

I really hope that this drug will do the trick for you and that you won't have any side effects. Take care.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#287644 - 10/23/06 09:42 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Michele,

I support you whatever you decide. It sounds like a lot of logic is going into trying this drug, so I hope everything works out!

How much have you looked into adoption? I read an article about it online yesterday just browsing, and it sounded pretty promising:

The Truth about Domestic Adoption

Anyway, just thinking of you and sending gentle hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Adoption new
      #287664 - 10/24/06 06:39 AM
stillnotpoochi

Reged: 08/23/06

Adopting from a foreign country is not always the least expensive option. The waiting period can be longer as well...in general, it takes a minimum of two years to adopt a child from China...third world countries have a shorter wait time but when adding the expenses of travel etc. the price tag goes way up. In many cases, if one does their research, you can find that domestic adoption does not always cost "through the nose".

Re: Have you ever been tested?? new
      #287667 - 10/24/06 07:20 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

Hey Michele,
This is an extreme long shot here, but have you ever been tested for Lymes Disease? My husband has Lymes disease a little while back and suffered a lot of swelling, joint pain and extreme fatigue from it. It took him a while to get diagnosed, too, because lymes disease does not always show up as being positive on a blood test.

adoption site
      #287681 - 10/24/06 08:29 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Christine -- I browsed through the site you linked to and found this website:

AdoptUsKids

These are all older kids in the foster care system who are available to be adopted. You can search the system and read their bios. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to feel seriously sad. It's heartbreaking to see how many children need homes. It makes me feel guilty to even think about bringing another child into the world.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Hey Pooch.. where have you been hiding?!? -nt-
      #287700 - 10/24/06 10:36 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30908

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review