All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
hilarious. new
      #287592 - 10/23/06 02:28 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

mine is "almost perfect" too other than the annoying clicking noises he makes when he eats...and nearly gagging himself when brushing teeth! What's with that, anyway??

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hilarious. new
      #287598 - 10/23/06 03:00 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I just wonder how we all mangaged to find "almost perfect" spouses! :smirk

My husband is very understanding of my IBS. Very.
It's also a good thing he likes rice, because we ate a lot of it last year especially!

Oh, and from looking over my shoulder, he's convinced that only good-looking people get IBS! He's a keeper.

Re: I read this to my husband, lj and he said new
      #287601 - 10/23/06 03:14 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

So funny. I'll have to ask my husband if that's his reason too!

Re: How "IBS understanding" is your spouse? new
      #287634 - 10/23/06 06:34 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

My husband is wonderfully understanding and supportive. He doesn't complain at all about the changes I've had to make to feel better (low-fat cooking, no red meat, money spent on supplements, etc.). In fact, he's generally very encouraging about it all.
Sometimes he does get a little frustrated, but I think it's mostly because he doesn't like to see me suffering, not because he dislikes the things I have to do to take care of myself.
He's another "almost-perfect".

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

My husband is just the opposite ... new
      #287635 - 10/23/06 06:46 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

... every time I'm in the middle of putting away dishes or groceries or whatever, I turn around with another armful and the cupboard's closed!! When he sees an open cupboard or drawer he shuts it. This drives me crazy because I NEVER leave anything open unless I'm doing something with it right then. You'd think after five years of living together he'd figure that out.

Ah well. We all have our irritating little quirks.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: hilarious. new
      #287643 - 10/23/06 08:48 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Yep, gagging as he brushes his teeth and having a toothbrush looking like a toilet brush! Too funny...

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

I'm glad. - nt - new
      #287645 - 10/23/06 09:44 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#287772 - 10/24/06 06:43 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

My DH is wonderful, most of the time. He gets frustrated when I am having frequent attacks - I think mostly because he is helpless to help me, other than consoling me. He asks through the bathroom door if I'm still alive. He runs out for Gatorade when I'm super dehydrated. He even finds me non-dairy ice-cream when we're shopping. Mostly he gets upset when I can't do my normal stuff - housework, cooking, and going out. But he is great 90% of the time. I really lucked out. He understands why I can't do everything and he doesn't pass judgement because of that. (although he slams the back door on occasion!) I love him, he is my soul mate.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#287818 - 10/25/06 06:02 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ny husband is wonderful I have told him that god couln't of put a better person in my life to understand this! He will eat anything I cook and go on about how good it is. He trys really hard to find me stuff i can eat and doesn't care what it cost. He understands more than any one does my mother on the other hand I think she think some of its in my head (I WISH). When i'm sick hes wonderful! I thank god for him everyday! ~Sheila

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 241 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review