All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
more pregnancy questions...
      #286797 - 10/17/06 01:28 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Ladies....it's been a long time....how long do you wait to tell? I'm only at week 7 but I'll have an ultrasound tomorrow. It's killing me to not tell. Besides, being so tired all the time and sooooo hungry...it might help to explain. My poor kids are wondering why I'm going to bed before them!

Also...with the warnings about fish (mercury), what did you eat? I don't want to give up all fish because I get sick of chicken. Did you still eat some? Which did you eat? Tuna? Salmon? How much?

I know Acacia is supposed to be okay. How bout flax? How bout Beano?

Lots of questions. Sorry. First two times around my IBS wasn't like it is now so I didn't have so many limitations.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: more pregnancy questions... new
      #286799 - 10/17/06 01:46 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I read that after you see the heartbeat chances for miscarriage go way down... so that's when we told random people (about 9 weeks). I guess I would probably tell my kids earlier, because if I had a miscarriage I assume I would be sad and they would pick up on it. I'm no expert when it comes to that though.

I don't eat fish, so I can't help you there! I think Acacia, flax, and beano are all ok.

#286802 - 10/17/06 02:27 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

First, congratulations! Now, I couldn't keep a secret so we told almost immediately. I think my 3rd was the only one that we told family and close friends and then just didn't really say anything until people started asking lol. As far as the fish, stay away from tuna for sure. We haven't eaten fish in a while but when we do I eat salmon, haddock and talapia. I think they say stay away from shrimp but I never have. We don't eat it much though since my oldest seems to be allergic to it. If we have it, I make it for dh and myself. I think clams are fine too and as a matter of fact clam chowder sounds so good right now. Make sure you ask your ob when you see him/her next. They all can be so different. Mine didn't want me usuing immodium but others were told it was fine. Also, ask about the fish. I was given a pamplet when I had my first appointment. My goodness, can't believe I'm at the end already.

#286811 - 10/17/06 03:42 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

My doctor said fish every 2 weeks, NO tuna, and shrimp, crab, and lobster are fine whenever.
Not sure about beano and flax---I took benefiber and it was fine.
We waited until about 9 weeks to tell people.....that was about as long as I could wait! I had the same problem---I was having morning sickness and so tired and it was getting to be pretty obvious.
Congrats!

--------------------

Thanks, ladies new
      #286814 - 10/17/06 04:03 PM
Flipada

Thanks. It's funny...it's such a strange feeling to be pregnant again after 7 1/2 years. When I had last son, I thought that was it. Then I was divorced so I was SURE that was it. I even told friends to slap me if I ever started talking about kids again.But then came my DH....ahhh, lucky lady I am. I'm excited.

But yeah, so many questions. I'm sooo tired. And I'm starving to death all the time. I get nauseated if I don't have something in my stomach every couple hours. Ohhhh, I remembered but it's never the same as the real thing, baby!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Re: Wow! new
      #286819 - 10/17/06 04:47 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Congrats to you! I would be the same way with questions! You tend to forget what you did with the last baby and since your last, last, one was 7 1/2 years ago it would be hard to remember. I'm sure it will all come naturally to you though.
Haven't you noticed your IBS is better yet? Mine went completely away for both pregnancies! It was WONDERFUL!

Lots of luck with your pregnancy. Soon you can tell everyone. I can't believe your kids don't know yet. When will you tell them?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#286846 - 10/17/06 07:21 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Congratulations!
Most people like to wait after the first trimester to tell but I guess it's an individual thing and it depends on how comfortable you are in letting others know.

Little Lisa new
      #286867 - 10/18/06 03:04 AM
Flipada

Nope, IBS hasn't gone away. Atleast not yet. Terribly gassy...ugh.

Haven't told the kids because they can't keep a secret. Once they know, it's gotta be okay for the world to know. But they know that we've been "thinking" about it and they're hoping we will. The topic has come up a lot lately. We get our ultrasound today and if all is well, we'll tell the boys tonight!

--------------------
**Lauren**

#286874 - 10/18/06 05:55 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

We told with my son at about 8 weeks. My parents knew earlier because my mom said straight out "are you pregnant?" She just knew! As for this one my parents again knew very early but no one else knew until I was 11weeks. But I also had two miscarriages right before that. It's totally up to you and how you feel. I like seeing the heartbeat first and then telling people. Like some others say the chance of a m/c is low. My doc said to stay away from tuna and bottom feeder fish (lake especially) because of high levels of mercury. But shrimp, lobster, and crab were fine. I take Acacia and usually do about 2 1/1 tablespoons a day. I have needed to up it lately since things are slowing down and I am a bit more C. Also my IBS was bad the first trimester but got better the 2nd and I have been able to eat some no no foods lately. Like ham and apple pie!! But everyone is different. Hopefully you'll get a repreive from your symptoms! Congrats again!!!!

Angela new
      #286976 - 10/18/06 06:45 PM
Flipada

Thanks. We told mom and stepdad and the kids today. Everyone's excited. We felt we could tell since we saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound and the technician said everything looked good. Still a little bit in shock.

--------------------
**Lauren**

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1954 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1455

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review