All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo
      #286679 - 10/16/06 02:17 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Where is everyone?? Its spooky quiet....My office has been slow, my friends have been scarce, I feel like the world is going into hibernation for the winter!!

Everyone just type in a quick hello and let us know what you have been up to!!

Not much new for me. Just diagnosed with hormonal migraines last week. Ack. The doctor gave me Relpax and that helped but I started my bc pills again this weekend and the migraines have gone. My RA flare is starting to get under control. Still on a pretty high dose of steroids at the moment but the swelling is going down. I see the rheumy next Tuesday.

The dogs have been good. Oliver is pretty much fully potty trained. Harley has his cool, new Halloween bow in, I'll have to take a picture because it really is too cute! Saw another flea on the kitty this weekend, so we bombed the whole house, AGAIN. All the critters got flea baths, AGAIN and more frontline. I don't think the dogs had them because they were just at the groomer this past Friday and she would have said something but better to be safe than sorry. Little buggers are hard to get rid of!

I haven't gone anywhere or done anything because of this stupid flare. I'm hoping to have some energy this weekend as Will is going to be out of town. I really want to got through my closet and put away my summer stuff and figure out what I have for winter. Not real exciting but thats all I've got!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo new
      #286681 - 10/16/06 02:39 PM
cos1997

Reged: 09/05/06

It has been very quiet on the board today...I keep checking back every so often and find little has changed.

Thanks Michele, btw, for the good advice last week...

cos1997

#286698 - 10/16/06 04:52 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm here, but I went back to work today - boy do I miss my sick time already!! I'm very tired and sore, but it wasn't too bad a day.

My foot is still healing, the incision is almost closed up now. I am still covering it with these healing bandages I picked up - supposed to minimize the scar and heal it quicker - we'll see.

My tum has been good!! HURRAY!!! We even went out for dinner last night - DH's 35th b-day. I had garlic shrimp, baked potato and salad bar and had no problems!! HURRAY!!! The hypno is continuing to do it's thing!

Suffering from insomnia again - went through it in university. Won't be able to sleep more than an hour or two each night for 5 or so nights, then crash for 1 good night of sleep, repeat, repeat, repeat. I'm so exhausted today because last night was the start of my sleepless cycle. I stopped at the pharm. and picked up some sleepy time pills. Gotta sleep, I can't function at work without sleep!!

Halloween's is coming!! My fav. "holiday"!! I haven't had a chance to decorate yet - can't be on my foot long enough! (And I can't get it in a shoe to be outside!) Hopefully this week / weekend....

Glad to hear you are making it through another week too Michele. One step at a time!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#286700 - 10/16/06 05:06 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hey Michele,

Decided to take a min. to drop by the boards. As you know I have been so busy with my new job that I hardly have time to get on the computer anymore. Just come home from work, eat, read the paper, watch a bit of tv and off to bed with me. What an exciting life.

It is getting cold here so it is easy to just hang in the house now.

I went to the Rheumy doc on Thurs. which was really pretty much of a big waste of time. He put me on a new anti-inflamtory which causes my tummy to feel sick so I don't think I will be taking it anymore. I am also going to start Plaquenil next month. He still feels I have inflammatory OA.

I am going to try to get on the boards this weekend and play a little catch up. I feel so out of touch with everyone these days. I miss being home!

--------------------
Janey

#286701 - 10/16/06 05:29 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Well... I'm boring. All I do is try to work and fall asleep. I wish there was something more interesting going on around here. Now that we've gotten almost every single thing ready for our Ollie, we're just killing time.

#286707 - 10/16/06 06:46 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hey there!

Things are well around here, except that I just came down with a cold.

Hubby and I are looking forward to a vacation to the Virgin Islands next month. We also recently bought a travel trailer, so we've started to make use of that. Gotta have lots of fun before baby time! We got the trailer knowing that the big vacations were going to have to go away for a while, particularly because I'd like to take some time off work when a baby comes...

Speaking of which... NO, I'M NOT PREGNANT. Just about everyone in my life has been in the last year or two, but we are finally going to start trying sometime next year. I'm still having spotting issues, but a recent progesterone test came back normal and better than the one I had in January. I'm trying to think positively, but the spotting does make me nervous.

Umm... Work has been really good. I'm having a good year so far in the sense that I'm enjoying myself, I like my kids, etc. The past couple of years have been rough, so this is a welcome change! I think it has more to do with me being done with grad school than anything else, but it's still nice.

I've also been working out, which feels great! I have more energy, my clothes are fitting better... DH and I are taking a PE class which is kind of like personal training, so I'm actually doing weights for the first time ever. They make me pretty sore, but my butt is really starting to change. Yay!

So, yeah, things are well around here! I'd love to hear everyone else's updates!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

I'm here, too new
      #286710 - 10/16/06 06:48 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

We're just trying to hold on and scrape our way through to hubby actually finding a permanent job. He's had so much trouble the last year with work.

It is awfully quiet here lately. I'm gonna post some good laughs for those who are still hanging around.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Jenny new
      #286716 - 10/16/06 06:59 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Wow, you're only a couple months away! Okay, I bet to you it doesn't feel like "only". So how do you feel about having a Christmas-time baby? My nephew was born Christmas Eve and my sister complains that everyone forgets his birthday. (He isn't old enough yet to realize/care.)

You should post another belly picture! What about nursery pictures? I love baby nurseries -- first-time babies usually have the nicest ones.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#286718 - 10/16/06 07:26 PM
jen1013

Yeah, I just posted the other day about how dead it is here! It seems like a lot of people are gone or only post infrequently ... but there really aren't many new people to compensate.

Michele -- I've had migraines since I was 14 and they are evil! I take Cafergot (ergotamine) for mine -- I've tried other stuff but nothing's worked as well. I'm glad that your flare seems to be getting under control. Hopefully you can start tapering down on the steroids soon.

I'm still recovering from having my gallbladder taken out -- nearly two weeks ago now. I'm in a lot of pain and I still can only eat small amounts of food at a time, but at least the pain that prompted the surgery is gone. Hopefully I'll continue to improve.

I saw my rheumy today -- I had a sleep study six weeks ago and from that I was diagnosed with RLS (restless legs syndrome). I'm supposed to start taking Requip for it but the side effects are scary and I'm pretty nervous about it. He also said that I have breathing problems, but not from sleep apnea. He's doing some bloodwork to check for anemia and stuff like that. I also had an abnormal cardiopulmonary stress test a few months back because it didn't look like I was getting enough oxygen to my muscles, so maybe it's tied together -- I've been having shortness of breath for awhile but the pulmonary tests have otherwise all been normal.

I also have a rash that the rheumy said was petechiae -- he's doing some bloodwork for that, too, to see if I have a problem with my platelets or something. It's all over my toes and when it showed up and was really bad my toes were also really swollen, but since he didn't see it he doesn't know if it was joint swelling (which would be another autoimmune sign) or if it was edema (which he said might mean a kidney problem). So if it happens again I'm supposed to rush back in so he can look at my toes. My pasty, puffy, red-spotted toes. Ew.

(Why couldn't I have some kind of glamorous illness ... like where my only visible symptom was enough weight loss to leave me with really good cheekbones. And maybe some kind of interesting pallor that would make my skin appear as alabaster ... but I won't get greedy. The cheekbones would be enough.)

I also have a bum shoulder -- he couldn't feel anything wrong with it, so I'm supposed to check back in a week if it's still as bad and get an ultrasound done. Obviously the rheumy is concerned with making sure I have to go to the hospital at least every two weeks.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#286720 - 10/16/06 07:43 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

have you tried magnesium citrate for the restless leg instead of the med, i have seen so many people relieve restless leg using natural calm which is magnesium citrate or magnesium gluconate

magnesium citrate new
      #286721 - 10/16/06 07:55 PM
jen1013

Thanks for the suggestion, Miso, but I don't think it's really an option for me. I'm having a lot of problems with D and I can just imagine what magnesium citrate would do to me. I think most people balance out magnesium with calcium, but I don't tolerate calcium very well.

I'll spend some time tomorrow researching Requip before I take it -- I also wonder if maybe an ordinary sleep med like Lunesta or Ambien might help just as well. Right now I take Unisom on bad days, but it often doesn't help and I feel completely wiped out all the next day. I really hate taking prescription drugs, but I'm getting pretty desperate to be able to get some decent sleep and maybe get some energy back.

--------------------
jen

Re: Jenny new
      #286729 - 10/16/06 09:25 PM
chinagrl

Well, my birthday is January 13th. Which is far enough away from Christmas that it isn't really acceptable to be given combo gifts, but close enough that everyone's always broke and never gives me gifts anyway (except family, they're good about it). So I guess since it's not a huge deal to me, hopefully it won't be for Ollie. I'm thinking we can do things like throw him unbirthday parties when he's in school so he still gets some fun. Plus, my grandfather's birthday was Christmas eve, so some people are kinda hoping his will be too.

And yeah, I know it's not that long, but it feels like eternity.

And no, no more pictures of me(I'm huge. Just imagine me huge). But here are some of his nursery. I envisioned a very complicated scheme of polka dots, which my father-in-law a graphic designer planned out for us. It was on a foot by foot grid, so there was quite a bit of measuring, stenciling, and painting involved. It took us a while to finish, but we like it.

Thanks for asking!

What's new with me? new
      #286737 - 10/17/06 03:01 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

First off, that nursery looks amazing. Wow. I'm in awe! Very cool.

Secondly, not much going on here other than, I'm pregnant! I was going to wait a little longer to tell but you're my online friends and well, you're not going to tell anyone. Only my best friend and of course, husband know. I've been busy sleeping!! I'm pooped and starving all the time.

This is week 7 so I'm not that far along. I had a little bleeding 2 weekends ago so, tomorrow, I'm getting an ultrasound. Doctor said he's not too worried cuz it was so light and there was no cramping but that this was a good excuse to get an ultrasound so, I'm excited!

This is number 3 for me but sorta feels like number one since it's been so long. Tanner is 11 and Logan is 7 1/2. Haven't told them yet. They've been begging us for a little brother/sister! Go figure. They'll change their minds later.

BTW, I've been hovering here and checking everyday. Just too tired to post. I do miss you guys, though!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#286741 - 10/17/06 06:01 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Flipada, congrats!

Michele, sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope things calm down for you soon.

Chinagrl, love the nursury! It looks great.

Hoho, job hunting bites! Here's to Mr. Hohoyumyum finding a good job SOON!

What Snorkie has been up to: Well, we moved on Oct. 7, so I've been busy unpacking. We moved to a bigger house, so not only have we been unpacking, we've been looking at furniture because we actually do need some more. And area rugs. We are not wall-to-wall carpeting hardwood floors. Uh-uh! One thing at a time, though. It always takes about a year to get completely settled in anyway. Love the new house though. LOVE it.

This Thursday, I have a job interview. I will be interviewing to become executive director. I've been interim director since July. We'll see how that goes. I'm kind of nervous, especially since I think I've got some stiff competition. If I don't get it, I will still have my job as museum educator at least.

Congrats! new
      #286743 - 10/17/06 06:05 AM
chinagrl

That's such great news! And I completely understand about the sleeping... you couldn't drag me out of bed my first trimester.

And thanks for the nursery compliment.

Re: magnesium citrate new
      #286744 - 10/17/06 06:31 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

mag citrate only gives you D when you take more than your body needs, at that dose you back down to the previous dose, it doesn't automatically make you go to the bathroom, i would try it before the med, but understand if you are reluctant. Good luck either way.

Re: Toady new
      #286750 - 10/17/06 07:17 AM
michele

Sorry to hear about the insomnia, I have that too and not even Ambien is helping. Its hard enough to go to work everyday but add to that not feeling well and not sleeping well and it makes for a rough day!

I hope your foot continues to heal well. Happy birthday to your hubby! Sounds like you guys had a nice dinner, good when tummy behaves!

--------------------

Re: Hey Janey new
      #286751 - 10/17/06 07:22 AM
michele

Sorry the rheumy didn't have anything better to offer. Which anti inflammatory did he have you try? I still haven't found one that I can take, thus the steroids but you don't want to go that route unless its absolutely necessary! Hopefully the placquenil will help. I really can't say if its doing anything for me or not.

I really need to get out and cut my flower beds down for the winter but with this flare, that's not going to happen. I can barely brush my hair let alone use garden choppers or rake! Aw well, I guess it will be there to clean up in the spring! I wonder how many mice and bunnies we will have nesting in the dead foliage by than?? With Sissy gone, we don't have anyone to keep the critters away!

--------------------

Re: Chinagirl new
      #286752 - 10/17/06 07:23 AM
michele

Its great you have Ollies room all set!! I don't remember seeing any pictures posted though?? Get your sleep now while you still can!

--------------------

Re: Chinagirl new
      #286753 - 10/17/06 07:25 AM
chinagrl

They're two posts down.

Re: Christine new
      #286754 - 10/17/06 07:27 AM
michele

Wow, sounds like things are really going well, except for the cold! A trip to the Virgin islands sounds wonderful!! I need a vacation but Wills business has been slow and money has been tight......

That's good your progesterone came back good. Do they have any idea's about whats causing the spotting?

Congrats on working out!! I'm hopping once this flare settles down and I'm able to move and get some energy back, I hope to start working out on my elliptical again! These steroids are wrecking havoc on my body!

--------------------

Re hohoyumyum new
      #286755 - 10/17/06 07:28 AM
michele

Sorry to hear about hubbys job issues, the economy sucks right now, I can only imgine how difficult it must be to find a new job. Wishing you guys luck!

--------------------

Re: Jen new
      #286756 - 10/17/06 07:36 AM
michele

"Why couldn't I have some kind of glamorous illness ... like where my only visible symptom was enough weight loss to leave me with really good cheekbones. And maybe some kind of interesting pallor that would make my skin appear as alabaster ... but I won't get greedy. The cheekbones would be enough.)"

Too funny!!! I understand! I actually started taking pictures of my various swollen body parts and my bright red eyes when they flare. Makes for a nice photo array! NOT! At least it gets the point across to the doctor that although I may look ok that particular day I'm there to see her, I more than make up for it on other days! I'm also thinking that if I ever have to apply for disability, it will be a good record of how the illness has progressed.

I get shortness of breath but all my cardiac stuff comes back fine. They say its from inflammation in my chest that causes my chest not to expand fully. I don't get how I can be how such a high dose of steroids and still have so much inflammation!!

I hope you continue to improve after having your gallbladder out. It took me a few weeks to get back to "normal."

Have you thought about physical therapy to hep with your shoulder? I've been through three separate rounds of pt this year alone but it does help.

--------------------

Re: Flipada new
      #286757 - 10/17/06 07:40 AM
michele

CONGRATS!!!!! Pregnant, wow, that's big news!! Be sure to update us with the ultrasound report tomorrow!!!! I was exhausted early on in my pregnancies also, rest, rest and rest!!

--------------------

Re: chinagirl new
      #286758 - 10/17/06 07:40 AM
michele

Oh, the nursery is so cute and fun!!!! Great job!!!

--------------------

Re: ok, way too much typing new
      #286759 - 10/17/06 07:45 AM
michele

Ack, my hands are screaming!!!! I went down to 16mg prednisone and from the time I woke up less than three hours ago until now, my hands have doubled in size. I wish I had my camera with me today, its just insane!!! All I did was get dressed, I showered last night, pulled my hair back and made myself a bagel for breakfast than drove to work. This is crazy, I can't live like this, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, when is it going to end??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ok, sorry, had to get that out...off to the restaurant next door to see if I can get a bag of ice for my sausage fingers......

--------------------

Congrats!!! new
      #286760 - 10/17/06 08:09 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Flipada congrats to you on your pregnancy! I remember the exhaustion from the beginning!! Now I have it towards the end again. I was so bone tired yesterday.

As far as me I am busy at work getting things together for my leave. We have our new flooring coming tomorrow for the kitchen. Yesterday was my doc appointment and everything is going well. He did say that I can be induced Nov. 29 as long as my cervix is doing what it needs to do. He did feel the baby when he was measuring me and said "You know you are one of those women who can hide the baby well. She's going to be a good size!" I said "How big?" He said "we'll just wait and see in these next few weeks but she is at least 4 pounds right now!" Holy crap I still have 6 weeks left!! Girls are suppose to be petite right!!??

Chinagirl- love the nursey! It is very cute!

Michele- Sorry that you fingers are killing you today. Does your insurance pay for massage therapy?? Have you thought about doing that to help with some of your pain and swelling. Just a thought.

#286762 - 10/17/06 08:47 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

It has been quiet around here. I have been lurking but too busy to post much.

DH and I are so busy with building this house. We're 2 weeks from moving in which is unbelievably exciting. We have generaled the project ourselves and done 75% of the work ourselves so it has been an extremely busy and trying time. We're working on all of the finish work right now so it is so fun to watch everything come together. And, it definitely seems like a hugely exaggerated Christmas right now with all of the new stuff.

My tummy has been okay. Unfortunately I have always dealt with back & shoulders issues which have flared terribly in the last couple of months. It is not unusual for me to see a chiropractor twice a week. I think I need to start massage therapy to work out some of the kinks in my shoulder area. Does anyone have experience with that?

Work is busy. I work for a restaurant franchise that is booming right now. We had 9 restaurants when I started 4 years ago and currently have 40. By the end of 2007 we expect to have 75 and by the end of 2008 it should be 100+. I am the Opening Coordinator so obviously the more we open the busier I am. It's good though, I love to be busy.

Other than that, the weather here in Iowa sucks. Cold & rainy. Sickness seems to be hitting early so I'm wondering if winter is coming early this year.

It's great to hear from all of you. Maybe the boards will pick-up some this winter. Everyone seems so busy!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

So awesome! new
      #286764 - 10/17/06 09:44 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Congratulations, Flipada! That didn't take long, did it? I'm excited for you!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#286768 - 10/17/06 10:26 AM
freeda

Reged: 05/08/05
Loc: SW Michigan

Haven't been here in ages - I had it pretty well under control. Last week was a bad week though, so I'm back. Hope everyone's doing well!

--------------------
Knowledge is power.

#286771 - 10/17/06 10:44 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Michele, my thoughts are with you. Not much going on here, just had a root canal today, still numb & tingly, keep biting my cheek. eh, it'll pass soon. Hello to everyone, hope you're all doing okay!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Congratulations! How exciting! --nt-- new
      #286793 - 10/17/06 12:44 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re:Jenny...Frogs,Fish and Bubbles! new
      #286818 - 10/17/06 04:44 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Jenny the nursery is just too cute. Very unique. I would never have thought black for furniture, however, it looks really cool. I had stupid white and wanted to kick myself after we had the second boy. I HAD to have white contemporary. It, of course, was 12 years ago and if I had to do it over it would have been cherry or oak colored. They can use those colors when they get older. What boy wants white?!?!? What were we thinking!!!! Anyway
the nursery does look fun and I'm sure Ollie will LOVE it too!

Did you have a baby shower yet?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#286821 - 10/17/06 04:59 PM
jen1013

Thanks for sharing pictures! It looks like you've got everything ready. The polka dot thing is very cool but I bet that took forever. Are those two copies of "Pat the Bunny" I see on the bookcase?

--------------------
jen

Congrats!!!! new
      #286822 - 10/17/06 05:02 PM
jen1013

Wow! That's incredible. Hope the ultrasound is okay -- let us know how it goes.

Since it's been so long since your second kid, good excuse for a baby shower.

--------------------
jen

Re:Jenny...Frogs,Fish and Bubbles! new
      #286823 - 10/17/06 05:05 PM
chinagrl

Thanks! We looked at all the baby furniture and to be honest, black was the only color we liked. Apparently, it's becoming more "in" we were told. We only bought the crib and the changing table like that (they match). The glider and dresser we bought off Craig's list, stripped, and redid ourselves.

We had one small shower that my best friend threw me at the Crayola Factory in Easton, PA. It was just immediate family, my best friend and her husband, and it was fun! Cake and watching crayons being made, how can you go wrong? My friends here are throwing us a shower in a month or so. Both showers are/were literary ones... each guest is supposed to bring their favorite book from when they were a kid. I liked the idea because it's personal to the giver and more meaningful, and we're picky about stuff so we didn't like anywhere enough to register there.

#286824 - 10/17/06 05:07 PM
chinagrl

Yeah. There are several duplicates. As I was telling Lisa, my best friend threw me a shower with a literary theme (that's what my friends are doing here too) and people were supposed to bring their favorite kids book. I guess a couple of people have the same favorites. I figure he'll probably eat one copy so a back-up is not a terrible idea.

And yes, the polka dots did take a long, long time. We thought the little ones would be the biggest pains, but it was the big ones! We came up with a good system though, and put in a couple of hours a day for a week or two, and then they were done.

Jen1013 new
      #286825 - 10/17/06 05:15 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

No kidding. I have no more baby furniture, no more toys, no more baby clothes, no maternity clothes. Guess I'm going to have to borrow a bunch of stuff. But yeah....a shower is going to be a MUST! But it feels weird to have one for number 3!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

flipada- congratulations new
      #286865 - 10/18/06 01:52 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

that's wonderful news!!

Congratulations!!! ... new
      #286869 - 10/18/06 04:19 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Now that is some really good news!

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#286885 - 10/18/06 08:52 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey Ya'll...

I've been away a lot lately, so I figured i'd check it.

Things have been incredibly busy with the new job! I'm still getting into the swing of things, so computer time is at a minimum so far this year. The job is going great, aside from the fact that I have to leave for work at 6:15am some mornings. That is the biggest drag about this job.

In other news, I'm loving MD! I've made a ton of new friends, and have a better social life here than I did in Massachusetts (that could also explain why i'm never online!) I've met a bunch of other psychologists through work, and quite a few people that live in my apartment complex so it's really working out.

Congrats to everyone and the babies!! I can't wait to see pictures

--------------------

Re: Hey, Doc! new
      #286927 - 10/18/06 02:12 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Great to hear from our resident Doctor! Glad all is well with you! I'm doing OK since we last e-mailed. Trying to work on things. The good news is I'm still STABLE (mood-wise.) The meds are working. I'm standing my ground, fighting back, and NOT getting depressed and bottling things up. I've put a cork on that bottle inside. Everything just comes right back out so I can deal with it instead of supress it. BIG STEPS!!!
I hate the idea of another winter with OCD. It sucks.
Smooches!
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re:Wait! Easton, PA?!??!?!?!??!?!??! new
      #286960 - 10/18/06 05:27 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Jenny, do you live near Easton? I'm like 45minutes from Easton. I don't think you ever said where you lived? OMG you have to let me know!

Yes, my boys both have been to the Crayola Factory. The oldest was there when he was 5 or so and their daycare actually does a field trip there too but they were like "mom, we are too old for the Crayola Factory"! But what a cool idea to throw a shower there. I've never been there. My cousins took the boys there one summer.

The book shower is a great idea too. You can never have enough books. They really push reading in schools nowadays too! Much more than when I was in grade school.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re:Wait! Easton, PA?!??!?!?!??!?!??! new
      #286978 - 10/18/06 07:05 PM
chinagrl

How funny you're so close to there! No, we live in Austin, TX. We took a massive family vacation this summer to Bushkill, PA with my family, my husband's family, and my best friend and her husband (from England). So we headed over to Easton for that Sunday for the shower. I think it's hilarious that your boys felt too old for the factory, considering there I was, 27 and obviously pregnant making myself a paper crown. I guess I feel you're never too old to play with melted crayon wax.

And yeah, my husband and I are both HUGE readers (last count on the bookshelves was 11) and my Mom and sister work for bookstores... so Ollie better be a reader for self preservation. In fact, my mom, after seeing the photos of the nursery declared that Ollie's bookcase was too small and too empty (and he's -2.5 months!).

Re: YAY!! Congratulations!! new
      #287025 - 10/19/06 07:16 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you!!

I think there must be some kind of fertility-enhancing effect in Heathe r's diet, with all you expectant mothers out there...

Nothing else to say - just 'Well done you!!'

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re:I'm 'sort of' here! new
      #287029 - 10/19/06 07:39 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Sorry things still aren't great Michelle, but overall you kinda sound like you feel a little better about yourself? I hope so at least !

I started my new job last Monday - which I'm loving so far - but my office still hasn't been built (will be 2 - 3 weeks), so I don't have my own desk, PC, desk phone, storage space, etc etc. I have a little desk pushed up against my boss's desk, and we share a network cable (I have a laptop). So because we're so close, and only one of us can be onlne (and therefore email-able) at a time I'm getting tiny chunks of online time.

On the plus side - I'm having a great time! I've had quite an impact already - set up their website & corporate email system, and am doing all I can considering my lack of facilities. I *think* my boss is pretty pleased with me so far, touch wood/fingers crossed, and I hope I can continue that....

My tum's holding up ok so far - I'm only doing 3 days a week - but as of yesterday they're paying me for full-time, on the basis that the 2 days spent I home I use to work on developing the website & keeping up to date with correspondance, etc. This week, due to meetings, I had to work Mon-Tue full time, which was exhausting - last night I had such a migraine-like headache (just without all the weird side effects I get when it's an actual migraine), and slept like a log.

I'm taking 4 - 7 Imodium a day to get me through it, so due to working 3 consecutive days this week I haven't pooped til Sunday, but I can feel one coming, if you know what I mean!

Jamie's stressed from work, but we're now listening to my hypno session tapes together in bed at night - and it's helping him keep calmer under pressure, and we're both sleeping loads better!

Congratulations to all you wonderful expectant moms - very cool!

I've spoken to both Nat & Jo (pinkprincess) several times, and they're both doing ok, just both really busy with uni, work, friends, etc etc. Nat had a really horrible few days last month - she ended up in hospital with her worst IBS pains ever, but she knew she'd been burning the candles at both ends and that helped cause it, and she's doing her best to keep on top of it from now on. I felt so bad for her, she had SUCH rotten time. She's just got broadband installed in her now house, and has started emailing again, so hopefully she'll drop in soon to say hi!

Jo is doing a part time job, and loads of volunteering, etc, to help her with her application to begin teacher training. With her determination I know she'll do it too!

So.... I'm lurking, I check everyone's messages as often as I can, and wishing everyone all the best every day. I'll post as often as I can do, but in the meantime - stay happy & healthy everyone!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#287031 - 10/19/06 07:49 AM
caregirl

Reged: 10/08/06

hello Im here today I dont much get to get on the computer . Today my belly is aching today so I home.

Re: Snowy new
      #287050 - 10/19/06 08:52 AM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Ah, I liked reading about your work on the house. My husband and I did the same thing -- like, 75% of the work ourselves. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment. The best part is that our house is worth about 2 1/2 times the amount of the construction loan we originally took out (that was 7 years ago). So, a little elbow grease goes a long way.

Also, what a cool job you have. Sounds like it could be lots of fun, coordinating all the scheduling and stuff. Which restaurant do you work for? And a silly side question, are you able to eat anything from the menu?

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Re:I'm 'sort of' here! new
      #287069 - 10/19/06 10:14 AM
michele

Wow, you sure are busy but its great to hear the new job is going well, even if you don't have a poroper office yet!!

I know what you mean about the imodium, I don't like taking them either but they are a necessary evil sometimes!!

I hope the hypno tapes continue to help both you and hubby!!

--------------------

Not such a great week new
      #287078 - 10/19/06 10:39 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

but I probably did it to myself. First was the yummy from scratch chocolate cake I baked. Then last night the worst offender - ribs. I had the most awful pains and D all night. Why is the latest pain always the worst pain? But really it was bad. And my kitty Mini insists on sharing my heating pad. Wouldn't be so bad if she would just gently settle down on top of the pad and my tummy, but first she has to walk around on me with her little cat feet. Ouch. So now I have sworn off ribs and all other offenders (for the 1000th time at least). It really wasn't my fault that I had ribs though. I had stopped at Boston Market to get turkey and veggies - okay, I was going to get a side of mac and cheese but mainly for dh. While waiting in line, the glass showcase exploded. Yes, it did. The manager very calmly asked us all to please leave as she needed to now close the store. It was 6:30. With dinner plans amok, did I have any other choice than to stop at the rib place? (This does not call for an answer.) I so admire those who adhere to the diet. For me, fat is the worst offender and you can't get much worse than ribs. Unless you follow the ribs with a quart of ice cream.

Re: Snowy new
      #287081 - 10/19/06 11:09 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

A little elbow grease does go a long way. When the appraiser gave us the appraisal off of our plan set the appraisal came back at twice what we were taking the loan out for. I'm interested to see what it is when we are finished with the house. It makes you feel good when something you built is worth so much, but I am worried about what it's going to do to our property taxes. My husband's family owns a furniture shop so he has grown up learning to build out of wood. He is making all of our cabinetry and a lot of our furniture (head boards, sofa table, etc.). I can't wait to sit back and enjoy the finished product.

My job is exciting and I get to travel just enough that it keeps it fun & new. I have been in Michigan a couple of times this year, Chicago a couple of times, Florida, and numerous locations around the midwest. I am very lucky to have been given the opportunity. It is a fresh-mex restaurant. I eat there anywhere from 2-4 times a week. I love the food, it's pretty safe for the tum, and I can't get enough of it!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Edited by Snowy (10/24/06 01:22 PM)

Re: Hey, Doc! new
      #287271 - 10/20/06 03:43 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey! Great to hear from you Alicia and I'm glad things are looking up for you.

Feel free to email me if you ever want to talk. I have a little more time on my hands now!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 474 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13950

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review