All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Christine new
      #286754 - 10/17/06 07:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, sounds like things are really going well, except for the cold! A trip to the Virgin islands sounds wonderful!! I need a vacation but Wills business has been slow and money has been tight......

That's good your progesterone came back good. Do they have any idea's about whats causing the spotting?

Congrats on working out!! I'm hopping once this flare settles down and I'm able to move and get some energy back, I hope to start working out on my elliptical again! These steroids are wrecking havoc on my body!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re hohoyumyum new
      #286755 - 10/17/06 07:28 AM
michele

Sorry to hear about hubbys job issues, the economy sucks right now, I can only imgine how difficult it must be to find a new job. Wishing you guys luck!

--------------------

Re: Jen new
      #286756 - 10/17/06 07:36 AM
michele

"Why couldn't I have some kind of glamorous illness ... like where my only visible symptom was enough weight loss to leave me with really good cheekbones. And maybe some kind of interesting pallor that would make my skin appear as alabaster ... but I won't get greedy. The cheekbones would be enough.)"

Too funny!!! I understand! I actually started taking pictures of my various swollen body parts and my bright red eyes when they flare. Makes for a nice photo array! NOT! At least it gets the point across to the doctor that although I may look ok that particular day I'm there to see her, I more than make up for it on other days! I'm also thinking that if I ever have to apply for disability, it will be a good record of how the illness has progressed.

I get shortness of breath but all my cardiac stuff comes back fine. They say its from inflammation in my chest that causes my chest not to expand fully. I don't get how I can be how such a high dose of steroids and still have so much inflammation!!

I hope you continue to improve after having your gallbladder out. It took me a few weeks to get back to "normal."

Have you thought about physical therapy to hep with your shoulder? I've been through three separate rounds of pt this year alone but it does help.

--------------------

Re: Flipada new
      #286757 - 10/17/06 07:40 AM
michele

CONGRATS!!!!! Pregnant, wow, that's big news!! Be sure to update us with the ultrasound report tomorrow!!!! I was exhausted early on in my pregnancies also, rest, rest and rest!!

--------------------

Re: chinagirl new
      #286758 - 10/17/06 07:40 AM
michele

Oh, the nursery is so cute and fun!!!! Great job!!!

--------------------

Re: ok, way too much typing new
      #286759 - 10/17/06 07:45 AM
michele

Ack, my hands are screaming!!!! I went down to 16mg prednisone and from the time I woke up less than three hours ago until now, my hands have doubled in size. I wish I had my camera with me today, its just insane!!! All I did was get dressed, I showered last night, pulled my hair back and made myself a bagel for breakfast than drove to work. This is crazy, I can't live like this, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, when is it going to end??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ok, sorry, had to get that out...off to the restaurant next door to see if I can get a bag of ice for my sausage fingers......

--------------------

Congrats!!! new
      #286760 - 10/17/06 08:09 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Flipada congrats to you on your pregnancy! I remember the exhaustion from the beginning!! Now I have it towards the end again. I was so bone tired yesterday.

As far as me I am busy at work getting things together for my leave. We have our new flooring coming tomorrow for the kitchen. Yesterday was my doc appointment and everything is going well. He did say that I can be induced Nov. 29 as long as my cervix is doing what it needs to do. He did feel the baby when he was measuring me and said "You know you are one of those women who can hide the baby well. She's going to be a good size!" I said "How big?" He said "we'll just wait and see in these next few weeks but she is at least 4 pounds right now!" Holy crap I still have 6 weeks left!! Girls are suppose to be petite right!!??

Chinagirl- love the nursey! It is very cute!

Michele- Sorry that you fingers are killing you today. Does your insurance pay for massage therapy?? Have you thought about doing that to help with some of your pain and swelling. Just a thought.

Re: Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo new
      #286762 - 10/17/06 08:47 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

It has been quiet around here. I have been lurking but too busy to post much.

DH and I are so busy with building this house. We're 2 weeks from moving in which is unbelievably exciting. We have generaled the project ourselves and done 75% of the work ourselves so it has been an extremely busy and trying time. We're working on all of the finish work right now so it is so fun to watch everything come together. And, it definitely seems like a hugely exaggerated Christmas right now with all of the new stuff.

My tummy has been okay. Unfortunately I have always dealt with back & shoulders issues which have flared terribly in the last couple of months. It is not unusual for me to see a chiropractor twice a week. I think I need to start massage therapy to work out some of the kinks in my shoulder area. Does anyone have experience with that?

Work is busy. I work for a restaurant franchise that is booming right now. We had 9 restaurants when I started 4 years ago and currently have 40. By the end of 2007 we expect to have 75 and by the end of 2008 it should be 100+. I am the Opening Coordinator so obviously the more we open the busier I am. It's good though, I love to be busy.

Other than that, the weather here in Iowa sucks. Cold & rainy. Sickness seems to be hitting early so I'm wondering if winter is coming early this year.

It's great to hear from all of you. Maybe the boards will pick-up some this winter. Everyone seems so busy!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

So awesome! new
      #286764 - 10/17/06 09:44 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Congratulations, Flipada! That didn't take long, did it? I'm excited for you!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo new
      #286768 - 10/17/06 10:26 AM
freeda

Reged: 05/08/05
Loc: SW Michigan

Haven't been here in ages - I had it pretty well under control. Last week was a bad week though, so I'm back. Hope everyone's doing well!

--------------------
Knowledge is power.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1428 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14151

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review