All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo
      #286679 - 10/16/06 02:17 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Where is everyone?? Its spooky quiet....My office has been slow, my friends have been scarce, I feel like the world is going into hibernation for the winter!!

Everyone just type in a quick hello and let us know what you have been up to!!

Not much new for me. Just diagnosed with hormonal migraines last week. Ack. The doctor gave me Relpax and that helped but I started my bc pills again this weekend and the migraines have gone. My RA flare is starting to get under control. Still on a pretty high dose of steroids at the moment but the swelling is going down. I see the rheumy next Tuesday.

The dogs have been good. Oliver is pretty much fully potty trained. Harley has his cool, new Halloween bow in, I'll have to take a picture because it really is too cute! Saw another flea on the kitty this weekend, so we bombed the whole house, AGAIN. All the critters got flea baths, AGAIN and more frontline. I don't think the dogs had them because they were just at the groomer this past Friday and she would have said something but better to be safe than sorry. Little buggers are hard to get rid of!

I haven't gone anywhere or done anything because of this stupid flare. I'm hoping to have some energy this weekend as Will is going to be out of town. I really want to got through my closet and put away my summer stuff and figure out what I have for winter. Not real exciting but thats all I've got!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hellloooo, ecchhoooooo new
      #286681 - 10/16/06 02:39 PM
cos1997

Reged: 09/05/06

It has been very quiet on the board today...I keep checking back every so often and find little has changed.

Thanks Michele, btw, for the good advice last week...

cos1997

#286698 - 10/16/06 04:52 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm here, but I went back to work today - boy do I miss my sick time already!! I'm very tired and sore, but it wasn't too bad a day.

My foot is still healing, the incision is almost closed up now. I am still covering it with these healing bandages I picked up - supposed to minimize the scar and heal it quicker - we'll see.

My tum has been good!! HURRAY!!! We even went out for dinner last night - DH's 35th b-day. I had garlic shrimp, baked potato and salad bar and had no problems!! HURRAY!!! The hypno is continuing to do it's thing!

Suffering from insomnia again - went through it in university. Won't be able to sleep more than an hour or two each night for 5 or so nights, then crash for 1 good night of sleep, repeat, repeat, repeat. I'm so exhausted today because last night was the start of my sleepless cycle. I stopped at the pharm. and picked up some sleepy time pills. Gotta sleep, I can't function at work without sleep!!

Halloween's is coming!! My fav. "holiday"!! I haven't had a chance to decorate yet - can't be on my foot long enough! (And I can't get it in a shoe to be outside!) Hopefully this week / weekend....

Glad to hear you are making it through another week too Michele. One step at a time!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#286700 - 10/16/06 05:06 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hey Michele,

Decided to take a min. to drop by the boards. As you know I have been so busy with my new job that I hardly have time to get on the computer anymore. Just come home from work, eat, read the paper, watch a bit of tv and off to bed with me. What an exciting life.

It is getting cold here so it is easy to just hang in the house now.

I went to the Rheumy doc on Thurs. which was really pretty much of a big waste of time. He put me on a new anti-inflamtory which causes my tummy to feel sick so I don't think I will be taking it anymore. I am also going to start Plaquenil next month. He still feels I have inflammatory OA.

I am going to try to get on the boards this weekend and play a little catch up. I feel so out of touch with everyone these days. I miss being home!

--------------------
Janey

#286701 - 10/16/06 05:29 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Well... I'm boring. All I do is try to work and fall asleep. I wish there was something more interesting going on around here. Now that we've gotten almost every single thing ready for our Ollie, we're just killing time.

#286707 - 10/16/06 06:46 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hey there!

Things are well around here, except that I just came down with a cold.

Hubby and I are looking forward to a vacation to the Virgin Islands next month. We also recently bought a travel trailer, so we've started to make use of that. Gotta have lots of fun before baby time! We got the trailer knowing that the big vacations were going to have to go away for a while, particularly because I'd like to take some time off work when a baby comes...

Speaking of which... NO, I'M NOT PREGNANT. Just about everyone in my life has been in the last year or two, but we are finally going to start trying sometime next year. I'm still having spotting issues, but a recent progesterone test came back normal and better than the one I had in January. I'm trying to think positively, but the spotting does make me nervous.

Umm... Work has been really good. I'm having a good year so far in the sense that I'm enjoying myself, I like my kids, etc. The past couple of years have been rough, so this is a welcome change! I think it has more to do with me being done with grad school than anything else, but it's still nice.

I've also been working out, which feels great! I have more energy, my clothes are fitting better... DH and I are taking a PE class which is kind of like personal training, so I'm actually doing weights for the first time ever. They make me pretty sore, but my butt is really starting to change. Yay!

So, yeah, things are well around here! I'd love to hear everyone else's updates!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

I'm here, too new
      #286710 - 10/16/06 06:48 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

We're just trying to hold on and scrape our way through to hubby actually finding a permanent job. He's had so much trouble the last year with work.

It is awfully quiet here lately. I'm gonna post some good laughs for those who are still hanging around.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Jenny new
      #286716 - 10/16/06 06:59 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Wow, you're only a couple months away! Okay, I bet to you it doesn't feel like "only". So how do you feel about having a Christmas-time baby? My nephew was born Christmas Eve and my sister complains that everyone forgets his birthday. (He isn't old enough yet to realize/care.)

You should post another belly picture! What about nursery pictures? I love baby nurseries -- first-time babies usually have the nicest ones.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#286718 - 10/16/06 07:26 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Yeah, I just posted the other day about how dead it is here! It seems like a lot of people are gone or only post infrequently ... but there really aren't many new people to compensate.

Michele -- I've had migraines since I was 14 and they are evil! I take Cafergot (ergotamine) for mine -- I've tried other stuff but nothing's worked as well. I'm glad that your flare seems to be getting under control. Hopefully you can start tapering down on the steroids soon.

I'm still recovering from having my gallbladder taken out -- nearly two weeks ago now. I'm in a lot of pain and I still can only eat small amounts of food at a time, but at least the pain that prompted the surgery is gone. Hopefully I'll continue to improve.

I saw my rheumy today -- I had a sleep study six weeks ago and from that I was diagnosed with RLS (restless legs syndrome). I'm supposed to start taking Requip for it but the side effects are scary and I'm pretty nervous about it. He also said that I have breathing problems, but not from sleep apnea. He's doing some bloodwork to check for anemia and stuff like that. I also had an abnormal cardiopulmonary stress test a few months back because it didn't look like I was getting enough oxygen to my muscles, so maybe it's tied together -- I've been having shortness of breath for awhile but the pulmonary tests have otherwise all been normal.

I also have a rash that the rheumy said was petechiae -- he's doing some bloodwork for that, too, to see if I have a problem with my platelets or something. It's all over my toes and when it showed up and was really bad my toes were also really swollen, but since he didn't see it he doesn't know if it was joint swelling (which would be another autoimmune sign) or if it was edema (which he said might mean a kidney problem). So if it happens again I'm supposed to rush back in so he can look at my toes. My pasty, puffy, red-spotted toes. Ew.

(Why couldn't I have some kind of glamorous illness ... like where my only visible symptom was enough weight loss to leave me with really good cheekbones. And maybe some kind of interesting pallor that would make my skin appear as alabaster ... but I won't get greedy. The cheekbones would be enough.)

I also have a bum shoulder -- he couldn't feel anything wrong with it, so I'm supposed to check back in a week if it's still as bad and get an ultrasound done. Obviously the rheumy is concerned with making sure I have to go to the hospital at least every two weeks.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#286720 - 10/16/06 07:43 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

have you tried magnesium citrate for the restless leg instead of the med, i have seen so many people relieve restless leg using natural calm which is magnesium citrate or magnesium gluconate

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13952

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review