All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
It's so quiet around here!
      #286150 - 10/12/06 10:04 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I logged back in after a week away and only 177 new posts in the LR??? Yeesh! Where the heck is everybody?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: It's so quiet around here! new
      #286154 - 10/12/06 10:21 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I agree it has been very quiet lately.

How are you feeling?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#286155 - 10/12/06 10:24 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I noticed how slow it was also!

I haven't been feeling well so haven't be able to post much. I actually went to the internist this morning after going home early yesterday. I have a migraine. Lovely. Never had a migraine before and really don't want another one, ever! Took a relpax pill but its not easing up, can barely see straight. Will be leaving early today as well. Every spec of light or noise is excruciating. Can I be magically teleported to my bed with an ice pack for my head? Hey, that rhymes... ...I think I'm delirious now...definitely not right!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#286167 - 10/12/06 11:01 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I've noticed it, too! Personally, I haven't been around quite as much because I've been busy packing and moving before and after work. Now that the moving's over, I have the unpacking to do. Oh joy! Love the new house, though.

#286168 - 10/12/06 11:14 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I noticed that too... thought it was my imagination or something. How are you feeling, btw?

I've been entertaining my "baby" (he's 26) brother since Monday. He went home to NY this morning, so I'm back briefly... I'm actually in the process of getting ready for another trip to NJ. I'm leaving Sunday. Dad's not doing so good, and that's kind of occupied my brain a lot more than being online.

Have a safe trip, Casey. (m) new
      #286172 - 10/12/06 11:21 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If I remember correctly, your dad is about 10 days out from his first treatment. If he's like I was, his blood counts started crashing about 8 days out and that will make him feel awful. If that's what's going on, it's miserable for him and scary for both of you but the counts will start to rebound and he'll feel a little better when they do.

Take care. Again, if there's anything I can do, please let me know.

PS - My "baby" brother is 47 and I still call him that. Even worse, he still calls me "big sister".

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Thanks, Sand... and... new
      #286198 - 10/12/06 01:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm not sure if that's what's happening or not. He's been miserable since his second day of chemo. He couldn't even finish the first week of treatment because he developed mouth sores, and those have to go away before he can have any more chemo. So far it's sounding like what's bothering him are the expected side effects from the various drugs - bone soreness, nausea, fatigue.

The real reason I'm going down there is because my stepmother's in the hospital now, on kidney dialysis, thanks to something really stupid she did that I probably shouldn't get into. She'll be in there for at least another week, and my poor father is completely housebound in the meantime.

It's nice to know that family dynamics never change. He still calls me "big sister" too, although now it's kind of an in-joke, since he towers over me by a foot.

#286209 - 10/12/06 03:52 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I have not been on line much and when I am I just usually glance at the topics. I still am feeling like a dishrag and am not eating much. There isn't much I can eat. It's a good thing dairy doesn't bother me because cottage cheese is what I eat most nights. UGH !!!

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#286260 - 10/13/06 06:31 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I've been here, just not posting much either. My 3 1/2 weeks at home are beginning to drag on.... Back to work Monday - hopefully I will be able to handle it.
I'm not anti-social, just don't have much to say.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Thanks, Sand... and... new
      #286267 - 10/13/06 07:19 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Hope things pick up for you and your family soon.

Re: Thanks, Sand... and... new
      #286269 - 10/13/06 07:21 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so sorry your dad is having such a tough go of his very first round - that stinks. And your stepmother in the hospital, too - why is nothing ever simple?

Have a safe, safe trip on Sunday. We're supposed to have nice weather in NJ but pretty chilly so pack warm.

My baby brother has 7 inches on me, but I still consider it my duty to boss him around from time to time - and, of course, to protect him from anyone else who tries to do the same.

Take good care. I'll be thinking of all of you.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Casey new
      #286430 - 10/14/06 09:06 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm sorry to hear your dad isn't doing so well. Hopefully your visit will do him some good. Have a safe trip down and take care.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1851

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review