All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
6 More days off!
      #285915 - 10/10/06 12:43 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

While it's not a trip to the Bahamas, my foot surgeon has requested I do not go back to work until next Monday = 6 more days off! By the time I go back I will be gone 3 1/2 weeks - which is more time than I wanted off, however, I am working from home a few hours a day.
The surgeon was very pleased with how my foot is healing but concerned with the bruising and swelling. I am allowed to start weight bearing - which is so nice - until you have had to hop for a while you don't realize how important your feet are! My toes really purple and yellow with right now, but I can soak my foot tonight and keep icing it. But it is so cute and skinny!! No more big ugly lump on the pinky toe side!!
When all the swelling goes down I might even get my foot into a running shoe again!! (I've been living in Burkenstock sandals for over 2 years) Something to look forward too anyways.
I get a bit more time at home to do more needlepoint on a pattern I'm stitching for my mom, which I don't mind at all.

Love to all, hugs to anyone that needs em, and thanks for all the well wishes!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 6 More days off! new
      #285927 - 10/10/06 01:29 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Glad it's healing well, and actually glad you'll be off work a bit longer - I was worried you'd go back too early and hurt your recovery.

Do we get to see before and after pictures?!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: 6 More days off! new
      #285928 - 10/10/06 01:34 PM
Toady

Thanks Caroline, I've learned my lesson about going back too soon - when I had my shoulder done.
Ugh, photos, um, nope. I can take a photo of my left foot - which isn't as bad as the right, for a before shot. The right needs a good bath before I post pics on my space!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Congrats on the extra days! new
      #285990 - 10/10/06 08:16 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey, I need 6 days off from work! Can you give me your doctor's number? Maybe he'll write me a note...

Got any good books, or are you catching up on TV? My relaxation technique is (ashamedly) tied to online shopping at J.Crew and Abercrombie&Fitch.com. Expensive, but effective, LOL!

~nelly~

Re: Congrats on the extra days! new
      #286004 - 10/11/06 05:40 AM
Toady

Nelly,
It's hard enough for me to get a dr's note!!
While I'm home I've been cross-stitching like mad - I am doing a picture for my mom and want to get it done in a more timely fashion than the piece I just completed, which took 8 years! I don't watch much tv, movies mostly. I stayed away from the XBox and Playstation this time, I get addicted and I won't put the games down even to sleep.
Having been on my foot yesterday afternoon and night - there is no way I could have gone back to work today - way too sore and swollen. I can barely get big fuzzy socks on, little lone a sandal!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Re: Congrats on the extra days! new
      #286020 - 10/11/06 07:12 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hope you are healing up well and are running around again in no time!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

For Blondie new
      #286131 - 10/12/06 06:22 AM
Toady

I managed to take some pics of my feet - just for you darling!! I've added them to my space. I wanna take another, better one of the right foot's scar, but it has to heal a bit first.
I still am having huge trouble walking, the pain is way more now than before the bandages came off!

http://spaces.msn.com/cassandramelvish/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c02_owner=1

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Re: Wow! new
      #286200 - 10/12/06 01:11 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Can't believe how much they've taken away! I'm guessing it'll be even better as it heals more and the swelling goes down?

Wow, no wonder you've had problems with shoes. You'll be able to wear anything you like soon!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1244 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1369

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review