All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Start the job tomorrow - and my word am I in a mess!!
      #285651 - 10/08/06 11:52 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I'm trying SO hard to be positive... After all, new hair, new car, new job = new start right? Hmmmmm...

I had my last hypno session with Mike Wednesday, and since Thursday I've been a mess - feeling sick ALL the time, tum pains, some D, some normal poop (TMI), hot & sweaty, constant butterflies, and spent HOURS on the flippin toilet!

I'm eating nothing but soluble fibre, but my tum's in constant torment - it's driving me crazy, and I HATE feeling sick so it's really freaking me out. What will I do if I feel like this in the morning??!

Oh yeah, and I won't be able to start at 10 like we agreed tomorrow, for various reasons, so I'll need to be there at 9am = leave at 8am to make sure I get there on time + 90 mins to get ready and an hour's 'toilet-time' just in case = alarm set for 5.30am - guaranteed to set my tum off anyway!!!

I'm being pathetic, I get that, but I'm so scared. Everyone keeps saying it's understandable - it's a new job, you've not worked for 20 months, etc etc, but it's not the job that's my biggest worry - it's feeling ok in the morning, being able to get ready without dripping in sweat, being able to leave on time, my tum surviving the journey, traffic, and of course the result of all that - getting there on time.

Anyone any sure-fire relaxation tips? I'll have Mike's tape on in bed, to try to give me an early night (Normally can't sleep til early hours of morning, and even harder when I feel sick). All I eat today was 2 potato cakes for breakfast and some boiled potatoes & peas for lunch - I'm so stressed I daren't eat any tea, maybe a plain bagel in a bit.

Yikes, I'm sorry for whining, but I'm TERRIFIED!! Pre-IBS I never got scared or freaked or nervous, so this is really alien to me, and I just feel so damn ill. Is it just stress / apprehension?

Ok, I'll stop now... Help...

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Start the job tomorrow - and my word am I in a mess!! new
      #285657 - 10/08/06 12:37 PM
emelem1

Reged: 09/26/06
Loc: Sunny South, England

Hi,
Hope you don't mind me replying......I can appreciate where you are coming from totally. Have you tried breathing exercises? I mean proper breathing from your stomach? It really helps, doesn't stop anything but stops you having a panic attack - I always breathe in through my nose to fill up my stomach with air so I can actually feel my stomach getting bigger if I put my hand on it and then breathe out through my mouth still hand on stomach feeling it deflate to make sure I am doing it right. It definately helps to calm you. I think you have to try to accept that whatever happens happens and that all you can do is go with the flow......you will be fine. Good luck x

#285712 - 10/08/06 10:09 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

You're going to be just fine! Remember, it's usually not as bad as we fear it could be.

I'm thinking good thoughts for you. Go in there and do your best! (((hugs)))

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#285722 - 10/09/06 05:15 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I think everything will turn out great, especially once you get in a routine. It will probably end up being the best thing for you. You have had a rough few months, you deserve a break and I think you're going to get it! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#285745 - 10/09/06 07:51 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, hopefully by the time you read this, you will have survived your first day on the new job!! I agree, once you get settled into the new routine, things will calm down. Please give us an update as soon as you can!! Sending you all the positive and happy tum vibes to get you through your day!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Update as requested! new
      #285815 - 10/09/06 03:42 PM
Blondie13

My apologies to be so brief, but exhausted!

- Got up at 6, and managed to leave at 8.10 - only 10 min later than planned, and got to work just before 9.

- Had a great day - a nice easy start, as my computer, laptop, desk, mobile, phone, office walls (!!) etc hadn't been ordered, so spent much of my time doing that, and picking apart the existing email system with a view to bringing it up to date.

- Everyone's great, and I think the only thing that could stop me having a great time there and progress well is my tum - ever the weak link! Has been ok all day, but piling down the IModium so no surprise.

- After work we eat out in Derby - which was difficult as at a Pizza Express, but I just had some bread then a tomato-less pizza (tomato upsetas my tum far more than cheese! Had a great night, but it's now 11.45pm and I'm in bed, desperate to fall asleep...

So, more interesting update to follow, but all good so far! Hoping my tum will hold out as well tomorrow morning - fingers crossed...

--------------------

#285859 - 10/10/06 06:00 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I was so upset yesterday morning when I saw how anxious you were! But I'm much happier this morning to see your update! My internet went down yesterday and I couldn't reply sooner!
I'm happy to see you had a better day. It's gotta be fun figuring out all of the stuff that needs to be done at your new job.

Best of luck for your next day!!

HUGS

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#285866 - 10/10/06 07:16 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

YAY!! Glad to hear it went well!! Certainly does sound like a LOONG day though!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#285924 - 10/10/06 01:24 PM
Blondie13

Thanks Cassandra! (I always type 'Cass' first, then realise you always put your full name - but thought I'd apologise now because I'm sure sooner or later I'll forget and put Cass!)

Another great day today - got loads achieved - but tomorrow off (Thank God!), not back til Thursday, then have Friday off. Bring on the weekend! Tum done really well today, here's hoping it continues...

--------------------

#285926 - 10/10/06 01:28 PM
Blondie13

Thanks Michelle. And yup, long days - particularly after 18 months at home!

BUT, knowing all that you get through on a daily basis, I am definitely not complaining!

How are you doing today?

--------------------

#285929 - 10/10/06 01:36 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Cass is accepted, I get it from my bosses, so no worries. I'm so happy your tum is behaving - and that you get a break tomorrow! It's alot on your body to go back after such a long absence!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Tomato and cheese! new
      #285995 - 10/10/06 08:51 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Tomato upsets my tummy way more than cheese too! (Thanks for making me feel less like a freak!) Sometimes I feel like I can't eat *anything* at a normal food place. I'm ok when I prepare food for myself, but when I eat out, I'm reminded at how strange my diet really is!

Congrats on the new job! I know you knocked their sox off with your new look!

~nelly~

#286063 - 10/11/06 03:08 PM
MrBlondie13

Reged: 05/12/06
Loc: Sandiacre, Nottingham, England

You've done so well Angel!
So proud, but still understand how hard this is for you! x

Thanks everyone for the continued support.

--------------------
As the Display Name suggests I'm the other half (literally) of Blondie13.

#286195 - 10/12/06 12:59 PM
Blondie13

Thanks gorgeous!

Love you xxx

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 254 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2234

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review