All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need some support
      #285074 - 10/03/06 02:39 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi, I really need some good words and support. I so much do not want to take my next celexa - it makes me sooooo tired. I feel like I am not me. I have only take one and now don't want another but I don't want to go back to anxiety death! It also have given me loose stools and I am normally IBS C and had just gotten it under great stability. Does any of this diminish? You guys seem to have experience with these different meds - I know I have posted this type of this yesterday! Sorry - I just need support! thanks - Debbie IBS - C normally, Ontario, Canada

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need some support new
      #285089 - 10/03/06 04:48 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

just hang in there and bank on the first month being crappy at least, my side effects went away after a month and half completely, but started getting better after week 2, AD's make you feel like crap fro the first little while as your body gets used to the surplus seretonin, which causes sleepiness, nausea and bathroom issues. Too many people quit too soon and are convinced that AD's don't agree with them when the case is they never gave them a fair chance, gove it 6 weeks before you decide whetehr you like the way that you are starting to feel, it more like one day you realize you feel less and less anxiety and less and less yucky from them meds and you go, wow i am starting to feel like myself again.
If you have any other AD questions feel free to ask, i was put on them for anxiety and ibs when i was 14, and have tried a few different ones.
press_me@hotmail.com

#285133 - 10/04/06 12:04 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I've heard that it can take about two weeks for side effects like diarrhea to go away, but it can take at least six weeks before you start feeling better/less anxious. I haven't tried these types of ADs, but I'm on Buspirone (for anxiety) and it took more than a couple of weeks to start noticing the benefits. The first few days I felt pretty dizzy and drowsy, but I figured that I'd just have to deal with that in order to feel better in the long run. And I did start to feel better! Hang in there!

#285137 - 10/04/06 04:24 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi, I don't have experience with that particular med but I have been through anxiety disorder and that was sooooo hard. I thought that it would never end but GOd helped me through it and He can help you too. I will pray for you. 'The night is long but soon the morning will come'
just remember you will get through this, stay strong
xxxx

It's all temporary! new
      #285138 - 10/04/06 04:38 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Those initial side effects suck, but they DO go away... could be a week, could be a month, but trust me, it's VERY worth sticking it out.

As a side note, be glad you're just tired and having loose stools. When I started Lexapro, I didn't get out of bed for a week! But yes, I stuck with it, and 2 years later, I'm still taking it with NO side effects at all. Worth it!!

Re: It's all temporary! new
      #285158 - 10/04/06 07:28 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I ditto everything! The side effects should lessen in two weeks but give it six weeks before you decide if they are right for you. I know its hard to stick it out but its usually worth it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: It's all temporary! - Atomic Rose? new
      #285193 - 10/04/06 12:31 PM
feelinggood

Thank you - wow not out of bed for a week! How do people go to work? What about libido decrease? I felt slightly despondent and out of touch with any feeling just after my first dose?

#285221 - 10/04/06 01:57 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Usually, those side effects are temporary. After you've been taking the med a week or two, those side effects should go away. I know that's what happened when I took Zoloft years ago. I freaked it when it gave me horrible D, but the doctor advised me to hang in there and let my body adjust to it, and I did---and I was so glad that I did because he was right.

#285245 - 10/04/06 06:20 PM
feelinggood

thank you for your support! I really need the meds - I have to trust and try them and stick them out - I just got this despondent feeling on them = after taking only 1/2 tab of celexa! It was like the feeling was sucked out of me for a short time! - Debbie IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 459 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2042

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review