All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Update-o-rama on Cookie!
      #284679 - 09/30/06 04:57 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Hmm, I've been so unbelievably busy that i haven't stopped in in a while.

Teaching is going well. it's nice to be so busy because I stay out of trouble that way. LOL...well, out of SOME trouble.

What's new? I'm working my butt off at school,whipping my students into shape, and starting to love my job as a french teacher. It's hard to get used to running from class to class. That part drives me nuts, especially the going up an elevator thing with my geeky french cart. Students race me down the stairs every recess and always win. It's pretty cute!

Hmm...what else? Taking a Divorce Care support group at church, and realize because of the intensity of, and the weird things that happened to me, this summer, I'm actually farther ahead in my healing than almost ALL the people there. I'm doing great. I'm actually more there to BE a shoulder, because I leaned so hard on everyone for a while. But that's me. I deal with it and move on.

I'm doing fabulously. So far I've lost 35 pounds and two dress sizes....loving fitting into non plus size clothes!! I'm eating helthier and actually able to RUN with Kayleigh. It's an amazing feeling. That's the first time in my life.

I'm getting out and active with friends again too. I feel like I've emerged from my cocoon. Getting out into life again is great.

What else..hmm...I'm (slowly) teaching Sunday school at my church. It's great that I can use my ability to share the "good news". Fun too. Also looks killer on a resume, especially if I want to teach Christian or Catholic school.

I'm also dating someone. It's only been a few weeks but it's going unbelievably well. He's a cowboy and not a metrosexual who's in love with himself. This is a first for me. I usually pick very arrogant, shallow guys.

He's also a MAN, not a boy. He's confident but not cocky, a debater but not defensive, stubborn but not stupid. He's not gorgeous by my standards, but he is cute to me! And he's so damn nice! Sweet as pie, very very smart, and as funny as Seinfeld. It's great.

We're a LOT alike too, philosophically, past experiences, humour, sense of direction in life, family..etc. We both like a lot of the same things, and it's so refreshing to be dating someone non-pretentious! He really likes me for me, which is nice. He thinks I'm really hot and very cool to be around and even said being around me makes him want to better himself. Whoa. Plus, he is Christian and goes to another branch of my church. And likes it. Does it because he wants to, not because he has to. That is a GREAT bonus.

He's 5 years older than me. He is established in career and life, has a big circle of friends, and has two children that are older (oldest is 14!) He's been divorced two years- because she was a chronic cheater (and manipulator, coming back again and again, cheating again and again), but he wants nothing to do with her anymore and would like full custody of the kids.

It's really promising. I know I've said that before, LOL, but this time, for the first time ever, I'm not in the least bit worried about what he thinks of me, whether we have potential, or if he's going to run away. This time I can truly say I am great on my own, but I'd like you here for fun! I'll let you know how it progresses. I'm guarding my heart cautiously.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (09/30/06 05:22 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wooohooo! new
      #284698 - 09/30/06 07:28 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I think that pretty much sums it up, huh? What a great update! You "sound" wonderful, and it's so good to hear!

Oh, it's good to see that smile back !! - nt - new
      #284713 - 09/30/06 11:18 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Update-o-rama on Cookie! new
      #284722 - 10/01/06 07:16 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Glad to hear it hon. I'm happy for you.
And I second the motion on the smile!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#284731 - 10/01/06 08:40 AM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

That's great Cookie!

Yes, and it's about darn time. new
      #284736 - 10/01/06 09:09 AM
_Willow

I'm finally feeling whole!

I went out with C, as his date to a wedding last night and he TAUGHT me how to dance. Wow, I love to dance and I do know a bit how to do it, but he KNOWS how to dance. Trevor only danced with me at our wedding. What a nice change.

He taught me how to POLKA...and even said he will get me physically active with him and get me into shape. Just because he knows how much I'm wanting that now. I'm so smitten.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (10/01/06 09:10 AM)

Re:35lbs! new
      #284800 - 10/01/06 05:28 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Wow your new pic makes you look like 18 or 19 years old. Don't ya just wanna rub it in your "ex husband's" face that you look this good. Wasn't that an issue with him that he mentally made you feel like crap cause of your weight?

Sounds like things are going well for ya. I'd just keep on dating this guy and look at it as a "fun" thing and if it works out then so be it, if not, so be it too! This is a learning experience for you and there's alot to learn out there being single.

Best of luck with your French classes. I took Spanish cause French and German were the "hard" languages to learn. However, I hardly remember anything I learned Oh well, I never needed it in my job anyway

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#284813 - 10/01/06 06:46 PM
_Willow

Wow! Thanks for the killer compliment! 18 or 19? I'd settle for 26 or 27, lol....Yes, I tell the ex every time I lose a pound. He was horrid about my weight, and (I believe) was the reason I gained it.

I reminded him I'm now at the weight he married me at. I think it ticks him off.

Yes, that's how I'm looking at this relationship right now. He's told me he's off the market though, and is really the commitment type. I've met lots of his best friends last night at a wedding he took me to...wow...and tons of people came to me and told me he's so great, I'm so lucky, hang on to this guy... We'll see.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (10/01/06 06:49 PM)

#284863 - 10/02/06 08:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

All very wonderful news!! Glad to her all is going well!! You deserve to be happy!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#284898 - 10/02/06 12:55 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

You look great and your life sounds awesome, full of all of the wonderful things that it should contain. Congratulations on coming through all of this so strong and as a "better" person!

Ride 'em cowboy!! Sorry, I just had to say that!!!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#284901 - 10/02/06 01:03 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Yay! Glad to hear things are going so well, and I hope they continue to get even better!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

LOL Snowy... new
      #284937 - 10/02/06 05:31 PM
_Willow

Don't worry, I am. LMAO!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Still going great! new
      #285504 - 10/06/06 06:56 PM
_Willow

We had a really long talk about relationships recently and he wants to still date! This would be the point things fizzle for me but it hasn't yet. We've talked about Christmas and everything. He's sworn he's not going anywhere, he's really interested in me and sees long term potential with us. Yahoo!

Now, I'm still cautiously optimistic, but according to all he's said and done, it's actually going somewhere.

could I be allowed to finally have some happiness? His ex wife was a complete and utter nutcase, so he's feeling pretty vulnerable and worried that I'll crush his heart too. I've told him it's not in my character.

Still guarded, don't worry. But deifinitely very into the man.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (10/06/06 06:59 PM)

Still going great! ... is soooo good!!! - nt - new
      #285542 - 10/07/06 08:17 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Edited by Double J (10/07/06 08:18 AM)

Re: Yes, and it's about darn time. new
      #285600 - 10/07/06 07:39 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Congratulations on being kind and patient with yourself. That's wonderful! I've dated different types of men...but never a cowboy. My good friend moved to Calgary for that sole reason...Cowboys! My own 'metro' (I always dated a typical alpha male) is down to earth but likes to shop with me. I consider it the best of both worlds.
Tell me, how did you lose 35 lbs? Any insight, inspiration is welcome...

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Edited by Lumiere (10/07/06 07:39 PM)

Bonjour, Lumiere! J'aime ton nom! new
      #285614 - 10/07/06 10:38 PM
_Willow

I don't know you but you sound pretty great, so I will toss some stuff out here for ya.

I've been on the boards for over a year and a half. I used to be a daily poster. I had been 205 lbs in the spring, and was married and miserable.

My husband left me for an 18 year old girl. She was 17 at the time. I was HORRIBLY miserable.

However, i am really good at looking at what needs to be done, getting my act together and getting 'er done. I got my finances, my emotions and my heealth under control.

Meanwhile I went on the stress diet. LOL! I lost 35 lbs in the process of the nerves being shot. granted, yes, my IBS-A went very D for a couple weeks....However, up till the last week or so, I've also made a point of eating a lot more healthily.

So I've gone out and bought myself a table and chairs and assembled them today...RAWR...and bought new bed linens and art for the walls, sold off some baby stuff etc...and am just in the process of deciding what to bring when I move in with a friend in december.

Hopefull that explains it. I wish everyone on here knew how much I've changed in the last year. you really aught to check out my posts from summer 2005. Whoo.

God bless.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Still going great! new
      #285634 - 10/08/06 08:57 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Shannon,

Glad to hear everything is going well for you

I can't believe the first month of school is finished already...the time is really flying.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Jenn

Re: Bonjour, Lumiere! J'aime ton nom! new
      #285667 - 10/08/06 01:20 PM
Lumiere

Merci beaucoup, mon amie! Je suis de Canada, mais j'habites (?) ici en Les Etats Unis. I actually speak Spanish, it's my husband who took French immersion!
I have seen a few of your posts, and know that you have gone through ALOT! Before meeting my husband I know what it's like to be cheated on, lied to and I generally fell for "boys". I am happy for you that you are healing (I know it's ongoing) and that you are enjoying some mature company that values YOU, just as YOU ARE. Fantastique!
I don't think the diet will work for me as I am negatory in the stress dept for the first time in a looooong time! So, eating less chocolate and getting my arse to the gym is my calling! Hugs....and peace. X Amy

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Merci Amy! new
      #285679 - 10/08/06 02:32 PM
_Willow

Tres interessant. Tu parles si bien en francais. Fantastique! Plupart des personnes ne peuvent pas parler bien , mais...ils essaient, et, c'est bien. J'aime parler Francais aux personnes parce que il n'yont pas beaucoup qui parlent avec moi. J'aime l'opportunite!

Whereabouts are you from?

I'm a bit anxious right now that the guy I'm dating is a cheater, because that's been my track record. hopefully I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong. LOL for the frist time.

So far he really is great tho.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Still going great! new
      #285723 - 10/09/06 05:17 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Good for you! I'm so happy to hear that things are going well!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: Merci Amy! new
      #285817 - 10/09/06 03:51 PM
Lumiere

I am from Victoria, BC. I left at age 24 and ventured to the other side of the country--major culture shock!
I wasn't used to the 6 month winters either...Then I moved to New England this year. My sister lives 45 mins north of NYC. (major reason for my move to the US)
My advice to you about dating would be to keep doing your thing--men love confident women (good men anyway) stay busy, and relax....You already have a great sense of humour and that I am sure has got you through alot,(including your spiritual side). Have fun...I look forward to your adventures! Bonne chance, mon amie!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 592 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6407

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review