Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Depression / Counseling new
      #284423 - 09/28/06 09:50 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

I LOVE YOU JEN!! I'm on my way out the door to the gym... I will write you tonight.... I had no idea you were feeling like this sweetie....

{{hugs}}

Oh Jen, I'm with Shell on this one....didn't have a clue you were feeling like this or needed help..you always seem so strong. Wish I could give you some advise, but since I haven't been there, I can't. Just know we are always here for you when you need us....even if it's just to listen when you need to get it all out.

Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#284441 - 09/29/06 07:01 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

reply coming this afternoon....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Update: Depression / Counseling new
      #284457 - 09/29/06 08:50 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Well, I spoke to my doctor on Thursday afternoon and he definitely said it sounded like depression. He said it was probably a moderate case of it, and admitted he didn't know much about it. So I got a reference to the psychotherapy department and spoke with a doctor on Friday about setting up counseling sessions. Both my primary care doctor and my psychotherapy doctor said that I was definitely doing the right thing by calling so that made me feel a little better.

I told Jason about my appointment Thursday night and he was very supportive about it. I don't want anyone else (besides you guys) to know right now so he promised not to say anything to anyone.

My first session starts next Wednesday morning. After talking to my primary doctor, we decided not to go the antidepressant route right now because they made me really nauseous last time (I'm super prone to that!) and my current BC pills are causing problems in that area for me already.

It's weird because I will have sporadic moments of happiness - like last night, Jason and I went to see George Thorogood and the Destroyers in concert and I had a really good time. It felt weird that I was having a good time, though, because I wasn't really used to it.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm going to try to respond to some of them, but might not get to everybody right now because I'm at work.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Update: Depression / Counseling new
      #284473 - 09/29/06 09:36 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

check your work voice mail...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#284602 - 09/30/06 03:39 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Quote:

I LOVE YOU JEN!! I'm on my way out the door to the gym... I will write you tonight.... I had no idea you were feeling like this sweetie....

{{hugs}}

Oh Jen, I'm with Shell on this one....didn't have a clue you were feeling like this or needed help..you always seem so strong. Wish I could give you some advise, but since I haven't been there, I can't. Just know we are always here for you when you need us....even if it's just to listen when you need to get it all out.

Kandee

Jen, I couldn't have said it any better. Like Kandee I've never been there either, so don't have any advice, but you know we love you and are always here for you. xxoo

#284711 - 09/30/06 08:58 PM
Sepi

Reged: 09/23/06
Loc: LA, CA

I agree with everything Sand said. Additionally, in terms of results you're seeking, be patient. When I first started therapy I was so impatient. I just wanted immediate solutions, answers and results. But I learned therapy is not a quick fix. It took a little while to get to where I wanted to be, but it was defintely a great journey for me. I learned so much about myself, what I wanted and what I needed to do to get them. I hope your therapy turns out to be a great journey and you find what you're looking for (peace, confidance, etc.) Good Luck!

#284743 - 10/01/06 09:40 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi, I am in the midst of trying to take the step of taking Celexa for anxiety which has been a part of my life for a long time - it has lead to eating disordered behaviour and over exercising (also isolation) which has been very unhealty. I have had over 3 years of counselling and although it has given me some insight = it has not helped me overcome my anxiety attacks which seem to be wired into me - I am told that it is my genetic makeup - Counselling is good - I just know that for me I may need SSRI's as well. This is a very very scary time for me and I feel very alone but I think I need to take the step. Take care of yourself - Debbie IBS-c

#284929 - 10/02/06 04:39 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Jen,

I don't know why I was driven here today - but please know I am here for you.

I suffered terrible depression after I had Bentley. And I was bawling my eyes out when I had to get a prescription, I felt like a failure.
But you know what, it would blow your mind how many people around you are on something.

When I started going to a counselor I wasn't too excited about sharing my feelings either - however, just tell yourself that you need to do this to get better. I promise you, it works!

Good luck sweetie,
I feel for you- it's definitely not an easy road. If you need anything - let me know.

Take care,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 372 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3211

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review